Page 3 of 4 1234
    03-12-2010, 10:42 AM #21

Just wanted to say thanks to Jazzmandave

I have had the 'Ready' problem several times and your instructions have saved me several times now. Thanks to Jazzmandave

Todd B

2. cldoobie
    11-26-2010, 11:05 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddeo100 View Post
    I have had the 'Ready' problem several times and your instructions have saved me several times now. Thanks to Jazzmandave

Todd B
    x2

Jazzmandave kicks ass! Four years as a subscriber and I never ran into this problem until yesterday. After a day of googling with no success I decided to give google another try and stumbled across this thread a few hours ago; the problem is solved.

Thank you Jazzmandave!

12-01-2010, 10:14 AM #23

Sirius wont play under one profile but will under others on same computer

Logging onto Sirius, my media player gets to READY, but nothing happens. I use IE8 and Windows 7, and probably Media Player 12. Sirius says they can't find out what is wrong either. Have tried many fixes with no luck. Media Player works otherwise and I can listen to Sirius as long as I log in as a different person from my main profile or on another computer. Before I try Jazzmandave solution I need to know if its for Win 7. Thanks

12-01-2010, 10:31 AM #24

Jazzmandave

I tried you Found a Fix fix and it did not open the system drive folder.

12-06-2010, 10:11 PM #25

Unhappy Can not connect to media

My sirius online at work was working perfectly, until 2 days ago. When i login, it says, can not connect to media, and READY. Is it something than i can do (i'm a dummy in the pc world), and i have no music at work at all. Please help me.:

Head Honcho
    12-07-2010, 01:53 PM #26
    Maybe you work is blocking streaming music?

If not, try another browser and see if you have the same results.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-15-2010, 12:25 PM #27
    Hi guys,

I've gone through this thread and tried ALL OF IT and still nothing works for me. I'm using IE 8 on Windows XP and I don't use Windows Media Player. I just use the Sirius player that pops up off the website. Here's a quick run down

-I selected NEVER under the Cache settings
    -I've deleted my history
    -I added .bak to end of the WMP11 folder
    -Sirius IS now a trusted site on my computer
    -My Abode Flash Player is updated and WMP11 is installed on the computer
    -I ran the CMD registration
    -This is a work computer, but I have listened to sirius on several other computers in my office, so it's not blocked. I called my IT department and they can't figure it out.
    -Basically I've done everything on this thread (and many others) and am hoping somebody out there has another fix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jaimee

12-15-2010, 04:26 PM #28

Angry

Jaimee,

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me - it's not working for me either and I did pretty much everything you describe.

Here's a question for the Sirius people -> can Sirius' databases hold onto a token/key/whatever that makes it think it's in another state - that is causing the player to not stream? Is there anyway they can force their system to clear out their "caches" and restart us from scratch to see if this clears the browser problem?

I'm just saying (from a software perspective) something is being held somewhere that's turning off the streaming. So, logically, this has to be cleared/reset whatever - anyway we can get Sirius to check for us and clear this up?

Joe... still ->

12-15-2010, 05:35 PM #29
    Hey Joe,

I spoke with Sirius earlier this morning and I cannot get over how clueless they are about this problem. They told me to make sure my flash player and WMP were updated (which they are) and that was literally IT. They had nothing else to say. It's clear this is a widespread problem and they seem not to have researched it at all.

My annual subscription is up in a few weeks, so I'm going to call back to explain that I'm not renewing (because the only reason I subscribe is to stream online at work) and see if that motivates them in any way to work on it. I'll ask them about you mentioned and let you know.

Jaimee

Head Honcho
    12-15-2010, 06:27 PM #30
    I dont doubt that you are having an issue but, its not widespread. I can login with IE and Firefox both with no problem at all.

Typically, when some issue is widespread, I get killed with emails. So far, its just a couple of people on the forums... no emails yet.

Maybe instead of updating windows media and internet explorer you should roll them back. Do you have access to system restore? Roll your system back a week back to when it was working fine and see if it works.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 4 1234