Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    12-15-2010, 06:50 PM #31

Smile

Hey, Jaimee,

I finally got it working - but not with a browser. I downloaded the following:

http://software.informer.com/getfree...us-player-1.1/

But, before I ran it, I did what M$ suggested and reset the media player settings:

Open a terminal, and type the following:

regsvr32.exe wmpdxm.dll

Now, run the program from PGH Design - it's just a wrapper to the Sirius Widget - and voila, it works.

Now, if you restart, like I did, sometimes the setting gets lost - so I've had to redo the regsvr32 command whenever PGH Design's widget doesn't stream.

Not a perfect resolution - but at least I'm getting my tunes now.

let me know how that works for you.

Again, IE8 and Firefox will not run even after the regsvr32 command. I have no idea what the difference is between these two things - but there's something.

peace. JOe... now setting to ->

12-15-2010, 06:52 PM #32

Cool

Oh, just to leave a record of the source of the command:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891736

thanx.

peace. JOe...

12-16-2010, 06:27 PM #33
    Thanks a lot for the help Joe, but unfortunately that PGH Sirius player didn't work for me. It gives me the same message: "Ready". I did the regsvr32 command and it said it was successful. I don't get it!! Ugh.

And Head Honcho, I don't have access to System Restore at work. I've worked at my company for 3 years and this is the 4th office I've moved to. On each of the other computers, I was able to stream. Even the IT guy was able to stream from his computer and he just works a few floors away. I don't get it. I'm sure it's something really minor and it will just remain a mystery. I really miss hearing Howard though

As always, let me know if you think of anything else and thanks for all your help!

Jaimee

Head Honcho
    12-17-2010, 12:18 AM #34
    May I suggest buying your IT guy a coffee? Maybe he can come look at your box? Its one of those things that is impossible to diagnose from where I am.

Your IT verified that he can stream so, it isnt your network. have you verified that you user credentials can stream from a different computer? Have you tried streaming from home? At least then you would know the issue is isolated to your work machine.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-17-2010, 07:43 AM #35

Sirius streaming "ready" but doesn't play

Sirius Honcho- my problem is that music streams with my subsription under one profile and not under another on the same computer! Sirius tech could not fix. Plays ok on other computers as well. Tried most of the suggested fixes but none work.

12-28-2010, 05:08 PM #36
    We had to create a new profile to get sirius to play for me. It was a profile issue in my case- all the other suggestions offered were of no help. Hope my fix can help others.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234