Page 2 of 4 1234
    05-12-2009, 01:55 PM #11
    Here's the fix.

I had the same problem you're having Marcel. I tried to rename the Windows Media folder, I tried to delete cookies in IE, I tried all the Sirius FAQ's, I spent hours on the phone with Sirius tech support, I went to every forum.

I am running Windows Vista Business, IE7, WMP 11, Latest version of Adobe Flash.

With "Enabled Protected Mode" selected Sirius not play within IE. You must remove this security setting. I've found the best way to do this is to add Sirius to your trusted sites. This way other non-trusted general web sites will be subjected to the Microsoft recommended Protected Mode.

Here's how I fixed the problem:
    1. Navigate to the Sirius player website (http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet...layer?stream=&).
    2. Login
    3. Click a station.
    4. Your player will say Ready.
    5. Go to the IE Tools Menu.
    6. Choose Internet Options.
    7. Click the Security tab.
    8. Click the Trusted Sites icon.
    9. Click the Sites button.
    10. Uncheck the "require server verification (https://)” checkbox at the bottom of the dialogue.
    11. Add http://www.sirius.com (this should auto fill) to your trusted sites.
    12. Click Close.
    13. With the Trusted Sites icon still highlighted uncheck the "Enabled Protected Mode" checkbox under the Security Level setting area. My Trusted Site security is set to “Medium.” This is default.
    14. Click Apply.
    15. Click OK.
    16. Restart IE.

You should be good to go.

05-13-2009, 03:27 AM #12

Success!!!

I am actually listening as I type this!! Bababoey, thank you so much!! Finally, after almost 4 months I am able to listen again. I just want to thank everyone for their help. What a pain in the ass and absolutely no help from Sirius customer service. Everyone, Thanks again.

Marcel.

05-13-2009, 01:52 PM #13

Sirius Customer Service / Tech Support

I'm very glad it worked for you. It's ridiculous that Sirius wasn't aware of this fix.

Hopefully Sirius Customer Service / Tech Support picks up on this thread. They either need to allow the stream to be compatible with Protected Mode or they should advise customers to make Sirius an IE Trusted Site.

05-14-2009, 03:01 AM #14
    Bababoey,

I can not thank you or agree with you enough. I spent so much time emailing customer service and calling them was pointless. Customer service just reads off of the FAQ's sheet and has no real training or expertise on troubleshooting. It is amazing their product can do this and Sirius really does not acknowledge it. Thanks again.

Marcel

06-09-2009, 02:47 PM #15
    ok im having the same problems with the player. I have ie8 and wm11. Any ideas here. I dont have enabled protected mode as an option.
    Last edited by hanible; 06-09-2009 at 02:53 PM.

06-24-2009, 10:07 PM #16
    I'm not sure exactly how to fix it. I did exactly what Bababoey described and it worked. I know how frustrating it can be and I feel for you. Customer service is a complete dead end. Good luck.

06-28-2009, 02:25 PM #17

Still having the issue

Hi,

I have an HP DV5, with Windows Home Premium, 64 bit. My issue started with IE 7, then I started using AVANT browser to listen, but now the same issue happened to Avant now. So now, both of my browsers are unable to get past the "READY" stage in the Sirius player. Do I need to order restore disks and restore my entire system, or is there a workaround other than Bababoeys, because that didnt change anything... The player works great on my desktop for some reason. The player displays "Connecting to Media" (does this twice), then goes to "READY" and just sits there.

Ive read a lot of forums, but have not had any luck. Ive read that Vista will not allow you to re-install Windows Media Player, which many threads suspected of having been corrupted.

Some threads suggested creating a new "user" or "profile" for the laptop...maybe someone could verify this? explain how?

So frustrating.

THanks - Dave

Can anyone help? Is there another fix?

06-28-2009, 03:06 PM #18

Found A Fix!!!!

Ok, After disrupting my marriage due to extreme frustration, I have lucked out, this after searching for hours on end on a bazzilion threads and trying everything under the sun.

For me, the fix was as a few others have advised here and there within the various forums I found.

To rename the Player networking information folder:

1. Close Windows Media Player completely.

2. Click Start, then select Run.

3. In the Run dialog box, type the following (exactly as shown):

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

This step opens the following folder on your computer:

SystemDrive:\Documents and Settings\UserProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

4. In this folder, rename the folder 10.0 to 10.0.bak (for me it was 11.0)

5. Start the Player and try to stream the content again.

I restarted the player and presto!

Thanks everyone. Hope it works for someone else out there...

12-01-2009, 04:58 PM #19

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3mes1 View Post
    I had the same problem 1 or 2 years ago, found this solution on the old Sirius Backstage

Let me know if it works

1. Open command prompt START > RUN, type CMD and press ENTER
    2. type the following command and press ENTER
    regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll
    3. You should see message stating registration was successful.
    4. Stream Sirius...

Thank you so much! This worked. I have tried so many things to get this working and this was the only solution that was successful.

01-28-2010, 11:59 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris3mes1 View Post
    I had the same problem 1 or 2 years ago, found this solution on the old Sirius Backstage

Let me know if it works

1. Open command prompt START > RUN, type CMD and press ENTER
    2. type the following command and press ENTER
    regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll
    3. You should see message stating registration was successful.
    4. Stream Sirius...
    THANK YOU! you've solved my problem..i was just about to give up all hope

Page 2 of 4 1234