12-31-2010, 11:56 AM #1

Cool TTR1 Alert

If you have a TTR1 tabletop radio: for specific help with this hardware the phone number is 1-800-635-7761.

Took four hours on the phone being switched between people named Jeremy, Ron and Jay to finally reach Garrett, who gave me the number listed above.

I signed up with Sirius, the TTR1 has the Sirius logo on it, but it is an XM radio.

To avoid frustration when calling Sirius, be sure to say "tabletop radio" at the outset, or the help folk think you are calling about a CAR radio.

Head Honcho
    12-31-2010, 06:16 PM #2
    Thanks for the tip. Welcome to the forums.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-02-2011, 12:32 AM #3
    Is there a reason the TTR1 has a totally different name in Canada?

Head Honcho
    01-02-2011, 05:03 PM #4
    Why do they call it Sirius Canada? Two companies are operating separately. Who knows, maybe it was some legal BS... that's my guess.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-02-2011, 08:57 PM #5

Cool Don't Know

My guess would be . . . I dunno. Have to look into regulatory filings.

But, it's probably to distinguish the geographic locale. Sirious will one day be one entity. I don't know off-hand what the next geographic locale will be, but an educated guess is "Latin America" which could be Mexico, or South
    America (Brazil, Venezuela, etc.), or both: but if US laws require different "branding", that would be your answer.

Do you know that Matsushia Electric Corp. of Japan sells products in the US under the Panasonic brand name (and others, like JVC), but in Japan same stuff is sold under the "National" brand name - ?

It has something to do with govt. regulations. I used to work for Matsushita (mat-SHU-sta) in NYC, that's where I come by this info.