Page 7 of 7 ... 567
    04-05-2009, 08:10 PM #61

No No I don't wanna drink the Kool-aid.......

I have seen how these class-action suits work. The 3-7 people that get their name up on the plaintiff lists get the big bucks. The rest of the schmucks get an infantile percentage of what the people listed as a plaintiff get. Sounds like MH has got a good deal going. He asks you to spend a little money for what he calls "Our battle" and guess what happens. Him and a few of his boys get on the top as representatives of the "Class" and reap huge rewards. The others get pennies and our investment in this company takes another hit. I am sure if MH could rangle up 20k people for his cause which would be nearly .1 percent of actual subscriber base. I'm sure he could shake down Siri for a cool 20 million setllement atleast. 40 percent for lawyers, 50 percent for the representatives of the "Class Action" and 10 percent for his 20k minions to split. Which would be about 100 bucks each on this totally hypothetical scenario.

People are insane to follow this alleged sociopath.
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 04-05-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spellcheck alert!!!!!!! hehe

04-05-2009, 08:21 PM #62

Definition of a sociopath.

Does anyone here know of someone that fits the actual definition?

Profile of the Sociopath.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

I edited some of this as to not reflect some characteristics that are non-relevant to this discussion (sexual etc.)

source was http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

04-05-2009, 08:41 PM #63
    Joeboo1,

If you were replying to my response, you have made assumptions(ie: class action) that are 100% incorrect. In the scenario I mentioned, there are very strict requirements that have each person involved benefit equally based on their "losses".

As I said previously, I will not provide the details on a public forum such as this for various reasons. Also, with all do respect, you are also assuming this must entail hartlieb. Another false asumption.

04-05-2009, 08:55 PM #64
    My apologies for assuming that MH would possibly be involved. I find it hard to believe any attorney would represent 20k clients individually case by case. Here is the definition of a class action suit.

class action lawsuit (plural class action lawsuits)

A class action is a type of lawsuit in which the claims and rights of many people are decided in a single case. Specific plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit to assert the claims of the entire class so that everyone with the same complaint or injury doesn't have to file their own separate lawsuit.
    Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/class_action_lawsuit"

The bottom line is there are plaintiffs that represent the class and are listed under the lawsuit. Then there could be seperate classes for others to apply for that best fits their situation. Bottom line the representatives of the class get the big bucks the others scramble for the crumbs.
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 04-05-2009 at 08:58 PM.

04-05-2009, 09:10 PM #65
    For what it is worth, the law firms potentially involved have one most succesful trial lawters in the US. They have experience in this game. That experience gives them the knowledge on how to approach a situation like this. It is only by luck that this opportunity exist. You are also assuming it is open to every shareholder.

For a fraction of what large shareholders have invested, they could potentially become whole through this avenue.

Enthusiast
    04-05-2009, 09:21 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    We shall soon see. Hartlieb and Michael Moore will be making a documentary on how MEL and co. screwed us all out of billions of dollars. Because remember we never had a chance to close out our positions in this stock.

Oh by the way, sorry If mentioning Michael Moore offends anyone. Everybody sure has been on the rag lately. Sorry I shouldn't have said that either.
    BUDDYLEE.....no humor please as per other thread.....this is SIRI business

04-05-2009, 09:34 PM #67
    Look Skier I have no horse in your race. I bought into Siri right around my join date on this forum. I am just calling what I see as a spade being a spade. Stating facts as I see them along with possible hypotheticals. Sorry I can't wish you the best in your future endeavors but I do have an investment to protect or in this case defend.

Averaging down. Stop loss are tools any shareholder could use. I guess lawsuits are another tool at their disposal. After all this is America. I wont defend what your suggesting, I wholeheartedly will defend your right to do it.

Mentor
    04-05-2009, 10:09 PM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    For what it is worth, the law firms potentially involved have one most succesful trial lawters in the US. They have experience in this game. That experience gives them the knowledge on how to approach a situation like this. It is only by luck that this opportunity exist. You are also assuming it is open to every shareholder.

For a fraction of what large shareholders have invested, they could potentially become whole through this avenue.
    Heres another way. Stop crying, open your eyes, and manage your account better. There is no reason for people who believed in the company, in the next 6 months cannot recoup all their damages with averaging down, or nimble stock trades(playing ranges, etc...). You can allow a lawyer to make your money back(good luck), or you can earn it back yourself. If you sued every company in the US who violated stockholder agreements and broke laws, you would be sueing every company in America. I have wanted to sue, but its more of an emotional reaction. Common sense sets in, and you go about your business of figuring out this puzzle that is SIrius, and making money. If I felt this stock didnt have another 2 legs or so up, I wouldnt be posting here anymore, and would move on. The recovery process is just in its early stages, it didnt tank to .05 cents in one day, and its not going to get back to .90 cents in one day either. Patience and you will be rewarded.IMVHO.

Enthusiast
    04-05-2009, 10:46 PM #69
    Relmor...................... you are correct .....it is............. the final solution.

Page 7 of 7 ... 567