Addict
    04-04-2009, 01:58 AM #1

MLB on SiriusXM

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...dio&Itemid=123

They are cross marketing MLB Home Plate, but games only on XM. MLB should give in already and let the other 10 million people have access.

Guru
    04-04-2009, 06:30 AM #2
    Im no genius but the answer seems simple. It seems that MLB should have no problem allowing this to happen and it seems like something they would want to happen, especially with the state of baseball these days. They would really benefit from the larger fan base.

I have a sneaky feeling that it might be a plan to get new subscribers to subscribe to XM....then, since Sirius's best of includes NFL and stern...they can get more Best of subscribers.

Mentor
    04-04-2009, 08:01 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Im no genius but the answer seems simple. It seems that MLB should have no problem allowing this to happen and it seems like something they would want to happen, especially with the state of baseball these days. They would really benefit from the larger fan base.

I have a sneaky feeling that it might be a plan to get new subscribers to subscribe to XM....then, since Sirius's best of includes NFL and stern...they can get more Best of subscribers.
    No actually it is just about money,MLB wants more to broadcast on Sirius side and They won't pay it,simple as that...But it does also benefit siriusXM with people choosing which service to sign up for,XM best of is better...
    this will change in time hopefully...Interop radio's will help,but those who have sirius only radio's will have to get new radio's if they want to change to XM best of,not happening I'm afraid...