0 0%
  • This is a lousy idea

3 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 12
    Banned
    04-03-2009, 01:56 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I dont know you can always just press on their name and go right to the "all threads started by (name here)" Here is an example:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/search.php?searchid=130236

I just think the site works well, it is well designed and I am not one to give Charles credit for to much. So when I say I think he did a good job with the site then I mean it.
    I don't want to change the site. I want to add a section to the forums.

Head Honcho
    04-03-2009, 04:15 PM #12
    Personally, I don't see why anyone can't just go start a new thread right now and call it their thread with their advice about the stock.

That being said, if anyone here honestly wants to take the time to do guest posts, I will be happy to entertain any ideas/articles.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I just think the site works well, it is well designed and I am not one to give Charles credit for to much. So when I say I think he did a good job with the site then I mean it.
    Thanks man.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    04-03-2009, 04:24 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Personally, I don't see why anyone can't just go start a new thread right now and call it their thread with their advice about the stock.

That is the point I was making also. The site already pretty much covers this type of issue. You see you were thinking ahead.

04-03-2009, 06:48 PM #14
    Sorry I think the site does very well the way it is and exploiting contributors that comment on different threads seems ..... insincere... If you really believe that some of the contributing comments to the threads written are worth cultivating, then be more upfront and genuine about it, and ask them to write articles for your site because you value their contributions.... Otherwise the suggestion just seems to be a bit unmanageable for an already overstretched STAFF, Charles...... (just what you need in trying to manage the site more chaos)

Banned
    04-04-2009, 09:01 AM #15
    Being out of work has left me a lot of free time which I have spent here in the forums.

In general terms, everyone knows a lot about a little. I'll use Homer (hope he doesn't mind) as an example. He doesn't seem to have time to sit in front of a computer all day responding to each and every person who starts a post regarding insider transactions either here or yahoo or raging bull or whatever. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen someone ask "Where's Homer?" The reason is that when it comes to fundamental analysis, the guys a genius.

My scenario would provide a place where Homer's opinion on an issue could be found. Still others are genius' in their own right when it comes to technical analysis, such as Relmor, not to mention technology and Satellite guru's and such.

A person who worked all day/week has to look through thousands of posts on the daily and weekly threads to follow just one conversation. I'm kinda "monk-like" when it comes to organization.

Having fired off my last rebuttal bullet, it was just a thought. That's what I get for thinking.

Guru
    04-04-2009, 12:10 PM #16
    Brandon, noone is saying it wasn't a good idea. What we are saying is that the site already covers it. As Charles has already said there is no reason that certain people could not just start their own thread. When I feel I have to get something out, that is what I do.

Head Honcho
    04-04-2009, 01:44 PM #17
    I am with John on this one. I am not trying to shoot down an idea but, does Homer want a place to post? Like I said, no one has contacted me about having a an article published or a dedicated place to post. If Homer really wanted to publish an article, he wouldn't get any trouble from me. I don't think he wants to.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12