Page 19 of 33 ... 9171819202129 ...
    04-03-2009, 03:15 PM #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    yep - but since I got held up getting out of wells - TDA actually DID ME A FAVOR and gave me 200 indefinitely.... TDA is on my christmas card list for that move.... I am having a blast with the free trades.....
    Good deal...

04-03-2009, 03:15 PM #182
    Lithium24,
    You know, I've been a full time active trader for about 8 years now and I should have known that. Guess it just never came up so I never thought about it. I mostly place market orders, just works for me.

04-03-2009, 03:21 PM #183
    Please be very careful with market orders on SIRI, they can slide down alot (we have seen as much as 15 cent slides in March in seconds)

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-03-2009, 03:23 PM #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboo1 View Post
    Paratrooper Rick, I am currently with ING, I am interested in transferring over to TDA. Any tips on promotions, the cost to transfer between the two? How much time will I not be able to make trades during the transition? Any other info you might find useful. I dont know if they are like ING but I will be happy to pm you my email if they offer any referral bonus for you.

Thanks in advance
    JB
    Yes - here's my advice - TDA is the easiest to negotiate with of any brokerage I've personally dealt with. Let me see if I can give you a promotion discount by referring you - and I'll get back to you. I will do this for anyone else interested....

~rick

04-03-2009, 03:24 PM #185
    No worries Dave, I'm one of the few folks left that holds shares of sirius from 6.53 down. Many, many shares, and I've never traded with a market order that I wasn't comfortable with having enough available shares to stay in the current range.

04-03-2009, 03:25 PM #186
    By the time they enforce the up-tick rule I may be two years in the grave~!

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-03-2009, 03:26 PM #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
    Please be very careful with market orders on SIRI, they can slide down alot (we have seen as much as 15 cent slides in March in seconds)
    Yes - I'll jump in here - market orders with SIRI are a good way to slit your own wrists.....

Do limits if at all possible - unless you are comfortable letting the MM's determine your entry. I only made the mistake of doing a market order on SIRI once -... never again....

Also - Stops and trailing stops are extremely dangerous - for the obvious reason the MM's see where the stops are and will wipe you out in a heartbeat. Keep that in mind.

04-03-2009, 03:27 PM #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    Yes - here's my advice - TDA is the easiest to negotiate with of any brokerage I've personally dealt with. Let me see if I can give you a promotion discount by referring you - and I'll get back to you. I will do this for anyone else interested....

~rick
    rick Id be interested in that code as well. BTW it's $50 to transfer out of sharebuilder. I started the process to TDA yesterday.

Enthusiast
    04-03-2009, 03:30 PM #189
    Paratrooper Rick....................... did you see Drug and OTHM today ???

04-03-2009, 03:33 PM #190
    That's odd. Seriously, I've never had any trouble buying siri with a market order. Now I wouldn't do that with a smaller cap stock, that's how you can really get screwed.

But without sounding like I'm bragging, and please just take it as information, my last buy was 300,000 at .07. It was a huge gamble as it was Feb. 12 and it wasn't certain that they would avoid bankruptcy. But I had so much money in this stock from the past four years and my cost basis was 3.09 and I didn't see sirius coming back to there anytime soon if ever. Anyway, point is it was a market order, came in several chunks but none out of range. Not to say you couldn't get screwed, that's always a chance you take. But you also take the chance of getting your order filled, especially if it's large if you do a limit. Frankly, I probably would have missed out that day had a given it that much thought. As it is, that .07 buy lowered my cost basis to .60

Page 19 of 33 ... 9171819202129 ...