04-02-2009, 07:26 PM #1

Looking for A risk analysis on staying LONG in SIRI

Great posts by John and some great analysis by others as well on some important numbers the market should be looking at..

It all sounds good for the stock price in atleast medium to long term, but do you experts see any negative events, other than the company fundamentals which we all believe are good, hurting the stock price badly? RS is one.. anything else like an aquisition, hostile takeover, some kind of games played by Malone, Ergen etc??

Just wanted to know what you guys think the risks are in staying long and what is the probability of them happening ..

An asteroid hitting the birds has already been factored in

Thanks

Banned
    04-02-2009, 11:44 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping2rise View Post
    Great posts by John and some great analysis by others as well on some important numbers the market should be looking at..

It all sounds good for the stock price in atleast medium to long term, but do you experts see any negative events, other than the company fundamentals which we all believe are good, hurting the stock price badly? RS is one.. anything else like an aquisition, hostile takeover, some kind of games played by Malone, Ergen etc??

Just wanted to know what you guys think the risks are in staying long and what is the probability of them happening ..

Thanks
    Satellite launch: Anything can happen.

The HD Radio Mandate Bill - http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/web...rst_time=N#Top

Performance Royalty Act

The NAB and the games they play.

Media Manipulation - How long has that article been up now? "Serious Threats to Sirius Radio" has been republished daily for almost a week by a different news agency each day..

Market Manipulators, I mean Makers who trade for their own accounts at the expense of retail investors.

I'm sure there are a few dozen other risks outlined in the company's SEC filings at www.sec.gov
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 04-02-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Guru
    04-03-2009, 10:53 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping2rise View Post

Thanks

I believe as low as the PPS is there really is not to much risk. I as you know feel it is way under valued. In the long term I am most worried about someone (like Malone/liberty) getting a controling interest and taking it private. Not really a risk if you bought at these levels except for the fact I dont care if I double or trible my money. I have been in for some time and now know just how valueble that spectrum is. If all I cared about was making 500% on my money I would have left and not gotten back in after selling the first time. This company should be worth a 20 bagger at this price and not just a 5 bagger. So while there really is no risk at the long term if you buy in now would you consider your self lucky if you got muged and the mugger took everything except your wedding ring or would you be pissed that you got mugged in the first place. I am the type that believes in the second part of that.