Page 2 of 2 12
    Mentor
    04-02-2009, 01:18 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I'm a lot more bullish with the Obama Drama plan. Some estimates are now calling for over 14 million units to be sold this year. That puts sirius well into the black.
    Sounds like good news. Maybe we can see this reflecting in the stock price. If SiriusXM can add subs this year of all years, that might amaze a lot of doubters. Not only didnt they go BK, they grew, and cut more costs than expected. Plus they added a powerful ally. Internet radio is on life support... Iphone app... Now hit the marketing campaign of all campaigns, with ingenious ads. Call me Mel, Ive got a hundred ideas. Get the lint out of your ears, and listen to Malone too.

Addict
    04-02-2009, 01:24 AM #12
    relmor...
    Call me Mel, Ive got a hundred ideas. Get the lint out of your ears, and listen to Malone too.[/QUOTE]

you need to send them a certified letter with your 100 ideas.

04-02-2009, 01:46 AM #13
    forgive me if this a stupid question.. but... do autos in europe and other countries like asia have sirius? and if not is it possibile in the future?

Mentor
    04-02-2009, 02:52 AM #14
    Dog star: It is a bit of a stupid question if you follow the business aspect of the company at all, yet one that is asked all the time, so fear not. XMs satellites are stationary over the US and parts of canada, and Sirius' satellites are in an orbital pattern that covers north and south america. Currently, the company only has licences to broadcast to US and Canada.

The only way they could broadcast via satellite in europe and other countries is to launch sattelites in those areas, petition the governments to allow them to do business there, and buy the licences. Or buy WorldSpace and pick up their crap, but they don't have the moeny right now.

Enthusiast
    04-02-2009, 04:14 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Dog star: It is a bit of a stupid question if you follow the business aspect of the company at all, yet one that is asked all the time, so fear not. XMs satellites are stationary over the US and parts of canada, and Sirius' satellites are in an orbital pattern that covers north and south america. Currently, the company only has licences to broadcast to US and Canada.

The only way they could broadcast via satellite in europe and other countries is to launch sattelites in those areas, petition the governments to allow them to do business there, and buy the licences. Or buy WorldSpace and pick up their crap, but they don't have the moeny right now.
    to late, it already sold for the bargain price of just "28 million US"

Internet service is coming to the auto sooner then many understand and hopefully they enable some gateways via telematics platforms for global features for content. which many travelers would find useful and comforting during extended stays in other countries...I think there is a big market for this area of direct to consumer content sales on a global basis.

I think the oem auto makers and device industry need to consolidate the dashboard telematics concept on a global basis first, to help drive unit cost lower along with reducing time to market to one year for a device in dash from the current three years. which at least a couple of major industry working groups are currently working toward. based on what i have read.

but even with that effort completed only thing i have been wondering about would be the real effect of royalty demands on content and music rights, across boarders. which could lead to a real lag on this type of service ever being activated.

one of the chips nex has being developing for SDR has many of the global standards included for audio, video and IP they indicate they have plans to move to include sdars at some point in the future. these are the people that worked with Sirius for backseat-TV as i recall.
    Last edited by tim wallick; 04-02-2009 at 04:19 AM.

04-02-2009, 08:48 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Sounds like good news. Maybe we can see this reflecting in the stock price. If SiriusXM can add subs this year of all years, that might amaze a lot of doubters. Not only didnt they go BK, they grew, and cut more costs than expected. Plus they added a powerful ally. Internet radio is on life support... Iphone app... Now hit the marketing campaign of all campaigns, with ingenious ads. Call me Mel, Ive got a hundred ideas. Get the lint out of your ears, and listen to Malone too.
    Damn Rel! After that post I just cancelled my "play with" block of Siri to sell at .45 . Have you ever considered a career in marketing?

Page 2 of 2 12