Page 3 of 25 1234513 ...
    04-01-2009, 09:01 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I put the iPhone news out there for the world to see...click news.
    So, is this Pocket Tunes App the official Sirius I-phone app or is it just the first app to come out and Sirius will offer its own app in Q2?

Banned
    04-01-2009, 09:02 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mz19 View Post
    So, is this Pocket Tunes App the official Sirius I-phone app or is it just the first app to come out and Sirius will offer its own app in Q2?
    No word from the company, but keep in mind they made nicemac cease and desist, and this news came from Todd of Nicemac.

Addict
    04-01-2009, 09:03 AM #23
    There's a video piece on the Slacker on thestreet.com. It is entitled 'Slacker takes on Sirius'. I don't know much about it, except it is 'internet radio' that streams to iPhone and their own player. I looked at their website and it looks way inferior to Sirius XM in terms of content, so probably not a real threat. It's all music (no sports, etc), has some cool features (like showing the lyrics of the song playing), but it looks like content is limited.

Banned
    04-01-2009, 09:10 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    There's a video piece on the Slacker on thestreet.com. It is entitled 'Slacker takes on Sirius'. I don't know much about it, except it is 'internet radio' that streams to iPhone and their own player. I looked at their website and it looks way inferior to Sirius XM in terms of content, so probably not a real threat. It's all music (no sports, etc), has some cool features (like showing the lyrics of the song playing), but it looks like content is limited.
    Hmmm...Do you think I knew that before I wrote this?

http://siriusbuzz.com/

He, He,He. Don't fk with me Cramer!

Addict
    04-01-2009, 09:13 AM #25
    I'm thinking it doesn't matter who releases the iPhone app for Sirius XM, or how many there are ultimately. In fact, if there were competition for the app with the most features, that is still good. It's all about subs. Any app will bring $ to SIRI via monthly sub fees. Perhaps Nicemac's problem was the app was showing up on the radar when SIRI was permitting free streaming for those who had a sub already. But, now that free streaming is on the way out, does it really matter how subs stream as long as they pay the monthly fee? I suppose if SIRI was thinking of charging for the app itself, then they wouldn't want other apps. But, charging for the app is probably not a good idea. Give it away and charge access fee per month.

Addict
    04-01-2009, 09:14 AM #26
    Hmmm...Do you think I knew that before I wrote this?

http://siriusbuzz.com/

He, He,He. Don't fk with me Cramer!
    Huh? what does that mean?

Banned
    04-01-2009, 09:17 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Huh? what does that mean?
    google sirius news last hour...what article is on top?

give it 1 hour and it will be top tier on yahoo and aol....

Enthusiast
    04-01-2009, 09:18 AM #28
    Out of curiosity, I downloaded Pocket Tunes and setup the Sirius player. It is a fully functional player and the same as the one you get online with a paid sub. Now that there is a functional app, although it will cost you ten bucks, it is here. What type of reaction did we get from a pps perspective, down 5+ percent. So now we can gauge what type of pps action we will get when SiriusXM gets their iPhone app out. F**king zippo.

Banned
    04-01-2009, 09:21 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Out of curiosity, I downloaded Pocket Tunes and setup the Sirius player. It is a fully functional player and the same as the one you get online with a paid sub. Now that there is a functional app, although it will cost you ten bucks, it is here. What type of reaction did we get from a pps perspective, down 5+ percent. So now we can gauge what type of pps action we will get when SiriusXM gets their iPhone app out. F**king zippo.
    Obama spoke again. Said it would be best if GM filed BK. The reality is that their are 30 million iPhones worldwide, that as of today became Satellite Radios. If the street cant see past GM, that's their problem. They will.

Addict
    04-01-2009, 09:25 AM #30
    google sirius news last hour...what article is on top?

give it 1 hour and it will be top tier on yahoo and aol....
    ok, I see. Good article Brandon.

Page 3 of 25 1234513 ...