A new article by Amy Gilroy of TWICE.com is filled with answers to questions that Sirius XM investors and consumers have been asking: The article which seems to focus on Audiovox and shortages of retail receivers goes in to more detail about everything from MLB to the iPhone application. Highlights include:
- The iPhone application is now in “rigorous testing,” said chief financial officer David Fear. Currently, 30 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices have sold worldwide.
- Sirius XM is also planning measures to boost retail sales through advertising and through direct marketing to used-car buyers,
- We’re looking at a lot of things to bring things back to the aftermarket business. We’re still absolutely committed to it.”
- Sirius XM said it has nearly half a million subscribers now on new package plans with the vast majority of those subscribing to the higher-priced packages like Best of Both programming.
- Sirius said three-quarters of those signing up for Best of Both programming are XM subscribers adding “Best of Sirius”
- Karmazin believes more Sirius subscribers will add “Best of XM” once the company can negotiate a deal with MLB to offer baseball to Sirius subscribers.
- In addition, he said, a number of automakers are now offering Best of Both programming in their trial packages for new car buyers.