Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Guru
    06-25-2009, 04:33 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Listen you putz.
    Solar hot water panels are definitely economically viable right now. Photovoltaics are much longer term but i have friends who dont have
    large incomes who have made the investment and are quite happy
    Your facts are fiction. I quess you dont believe in long term payback.It
    actualy sounds to me like you would prefer that Solar, hybrids etc dont work.

Do you oppose passive solar? Do you know what it is?
    What do you think about james Woolsey's point of view?

Fact; solar panels need to be 76% efficient to be considered a economical. Fact; they are at present only at 39% at last report. Fact it has taken almost 30 years for them to get from 18% to 39%.

First of all you keep trying to bring up one man, Yet you disreguard all the other scientist that have switched their position on global warming and cant come to gribs with that.

Now as for your comment at 1:45 PM. I can only say this it is a clear example of your type that tries to connect the people that dont think global warming has anything to do with man to general poluting. By your same logic then I will connect you with the people that believe this world would be better off without humans and that we should all kill ourselves to save the animals.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 01:54 AM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Fact; solar panels need to be 76% efficient to be considered a economical. Fact; they are at present only at 39% at last report. Fact it has taken almost 30 years for them to get from 18% to 39%.

First of all you keep trying to bring up one man, Yet you disreguard all the other scientist that have switched their position on global warming and cant come to gribs with that.

Now as for your comment at 1:45 PM. I can only say this it is a clear example of your type that tries to connect the people that dont think global warming has anything to do with man to general poluting. By your same logic then I will connect you with the people that believe this world would be better off without humans and that we should all kill ourselves to save the animals.
    Have you read James Woosley?
    Overwhelming % of scientists belief in global warming and believe it
    is caused by man.

The solar hot water panels i am buying based on effeciency, location,
    amount of sun, hot water bills at present time (not even talking about
    increases in hot water costs which are pretty certain) will pay back in
    around 5 years. Yes i call that economical.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 01:55 AM #53
    Putz can you please answer a simple question?
    Do you know what passive solar is?
    Do you have an opinion about it?

06-26-2009, 03:22 AM #54
    Yo Dread,
    Huh? LoL.
    You seem pretty wacky!
    No one is forcing anyone to buy a hybrid. Last i checked anyway.
    I got no religion but thanks for giving me one.
    The "crowd" is decidely driving non hybrids so i quess you actually do follow the crowd. Got to get your facts right
    Read James Woolsey to find out why as a former head of the CIA HE THINKS
    a new energy policy (including hybrid technology) is vital for national security. Some people might find his point of view important considering the
    positions he has held in Govt and considering he is a Conservative.
    HA HA HA!!! You don't even know who you are unless someone tells you!!! Your religion is the al gwhore global warming religion, its better off being called a cult.

No one is forcing anyone to drive hybrids???
    Then what do you call cap and trade? You tool!!! Its a massive tax that strips away personal liberties and will force people to drive golf carts!!!

So forcing the American people into a channel and shoving them down a shute of tyranny through massive taxation, uh yeah, I would say that would be forcing people!!!
    National Security, uh dude, we can create jobs here by drilling RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!!
    AND HAVE OUR OWN OIL SUPPLIES!!!

James Woolsey, is not a conservative!!! Anyone can come out and say, uh yeah, I am a conservative. Does not make it so!!!

Its called a lie!!!!

Oh, but I forgot!! You believe everything you are told, RIGHT!!!

Don't waist your time on this drone John!!

Oh, and since we are passing judgment on one another, here is my thought of the night.

Instead of depending on other people to help you along to succeed in life, why don't you grow some balls and do it yourself!! Or are you to afraid to fail?? (HINT) Failure is a part of life, its how you learn, unless your insane!!!

Addict
    06-26-2009, 10:52 AM #55

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    HA HA HA!!! You don't even know who you are unless someone tells you!!! Your religion is the al gwhore global warming religion, its better off being called a cult.

No one is forcing anyone to drive hybrids???
    Then what do you call cap and trade? You tool!!! Its a massive tax that strips away personal liberties and will force people to drive golf carts!!!

So forcing the American people into a channel and shoving them down a shute of tyranny through massive taxation, uh yeah, I would say that would be forcing people!!!
    National Security, uh dude, we can create jobs here by drilling RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!!
    AND HAVE OUR OWN OIL SUPPLIES!!!

James Woolsey, is not a conservative!!! Anyone can come out and say, uh yeah, I am a conservative. Does not make it so!!!

Its called a lie!!!!

Oh, but I forgot!! You believe everything you are told, RIGHT!!!

Oh, and since we are passing judgment on one another, here is my thought of the night.

Instead of depending on other people to help you along to succeed in life, why don't you grow some balls and do it yourself!! Or are you to afraid to fail?? (HINT) Failure is a part of life, its how you learn, unless your insane!!!

" In addition to Frank Gaffney, other prominent neo-conservatives and conservatives in the Set America Free coaltion are Gary Bauer of American Values, Congressman Eliot Engel, former national security adviser Robert
    Mcfarane, Clifford May of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (FDD),Thomas Neumann of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs
    (JINSA), Daniel Pipes of the Middle East Forum, JAMES WOOLSEY of the Committee on the Present Danger and Meyrav Wurmser of the Hudson Institute. Among the advisers to IAGS are Woolsey, McFarlane and Eliot Cohen

By adapting their political agenda to include a focus on energy security, the NATIONAL-SECURITY HARDLINERS at CSP,IAGS and other affiliated groups such as the fervently pro-Israel FDD and JINSA have MADE COMMON CAUSE
    WITH APPROPRIATE-TECHNOLOGY GROUPS, ENVIRONMENTAL FIRMS ...

UNDERLYING THE RIGHT'S ENERGY-SECURITY INITIATIVES IS A STRONG CRITICISM OF THE MAJOR OIL COMPANIES FOR HAVING MADE COMMON CAUSE WITH OIL-RICH MIDDLE EASTERN DICTATORSHIPS-AND BY EXTENSION WITH ISLAMIC TERRORISTS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS."

"force people to drive golf carts"
    Funny shit! You wacko you.
    If you think the Tesla Roadster is a golf cart you are most definitely a putz.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 01:50 PM #56
    Putz can you please answer a simple question?
    Do you know what passive solar is?
    Do you have an opinion about it?

This will be the last time I will even try to inform your dumbass (thanks dread). Passive solar could be anything from potosynthesis to putting a black cover over your pool to heat it. It is not the samething as the solar panels and which are not economacally viable yet millions have been sold to dumb shits such as yourself.

Finally I have already told you a consensus does not make scientific fact. The reason noone should follow a consensus is it has a tendtancy to change with the wind, just as it has before and is now. It is not a "Overwhelming % of scientists belief in global warming and believe it is caused by man. That has changed to "global climate change" because their are cracks in that consensus of yours. If you split it up between the ones that say it is now "global climate change" (the earth is getting colder) + the ones that say it is a myth that man is the reason for any of it and compare that to the ones that say it is global warming caused by man there is no where near even a majority anymore. You see dumbshit, these are the same crack pots that think you should not eat meat anymore because they have found that the gases emited by cows is more then all the cars in the world. I would be interested in your opinion on weather you think we should eat meat or not. I mean hell if you believe in global warming then lets get rid of one of the biggest causes first, right.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 01:58 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post

I know these are the same dumbshits that want to make tobacco products illegal but have no problem making pot legal. Ca. the state of wisdom, they piss and moan and protest about the new power plants and are then in disbelief when they have to have rolling brown/black outs.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 02:35 PM #58

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    This will be the last time I will even try to inform your dumbass (thanks dread). Passive solar could be anything from potosynthesis to putting a black cover over your pool to heat it. It is not the samething as the solar panels and which are not economacally viable yet millions have been sold to dumb shits such as yourself.

Finally I have already told you a consensus does not make scientific fact. The reason noone should follow a consensus is it has a tendtancy to change with the wind, just as it has before and is now. It is not a "Overwhelming % of scientists belief in global warming and believe it is caused by man. That has changed to "global climate change" because their are cracks in that consensus of yours. If you split it up between the ones that say it is now "global climate change" (the earth is getting colder) + the ones that say it is a myth that man is the reason for any of it and compare that to the ones that say it is global warming caused by man there is no where near even a majority anymore. You see dumbshit, these are the same crack pots that think you should not eat meat anymore because they have found that the gases emited by cows is more then all the cars in the world. I would be interested in your opinion on weather you think we should eat meat or not. I mean hell if you believe in global warming then lets get rid of one of the biggest causes first, right.
    Hey putz I already told you solar hot water panels are economically viable.
    You can spin all you want but thems the facts.
    How long did it take you to look up passive solar on wikipedia? LOL>
    It actually as applied today has more to do with orieintation of the house
    (facing south), % of glass versus mass and the amount of glass you use on the west, east, south, and north sides. All combined with a good amount of insulation. I assume you knew all that? Its the simpliest and most effective form of solar energy.

Those "dumb shits" like you are going to stay put with old technology and are going to be have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Your kind of the Taliban of energy.
    Come on Mr John Putz join me in using future technologies for
    energy conservation. I know its hard to give up old practices and fight your
    rigid ideological stuckness. But believe me in 10 years we are going to look
    back on some of your writings and have a good laugh at your ignorance.

Hey angry putz. Try and chill a little and please have a nice day.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 02:43 PM #59
    Hey putz
    Too bad you didnt reject the consensus that said oil based energy sources were the way to run the energy systems of this country.Too bad you didnt reject the consensus that said SUV's were the cars that everyone should drive. You sure do pick which consensus's to reject dont you? I think your opposition to believing that man has something to do with global warming has more
    to do with your rigid ideological belief system, but if it makes you feel
    brave to stand up to the consensus on global warming go right ahead.

Page 6 of 6 ... 456