Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    Guru
    06-23-2009, 05:32 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    So you decide to oppose most scientists because YOU know the truth. LOL If you would examine yourself just a little bit you would have to acknowledge
    that you have taken your position based on your ideological skew and really nothing else.
    I would like to make you a bet right now that in 10 years that consensus about Global warming will be strengthened and even more so in 20 years.
    You could argue this way about every scientific "consensus". There
    were people who believed the earth was flat way after a consensus on the
    matter was formed (You probably would have joined them) What you are arguing for is a kind of ignorance. Just follow your ideological bias and disagree with all scientific consensus. If you think thats a smart way to go through life then god bless you.

No you dwit, I look at all the information to include the track record of the same scientists you are relieing on. Fact many of them have been wrong and switch their position on this issue at least 2 times. I just have to ask if they had all this scientific information then why is it they said we were going into an ice age over 20 years ago, why is it many of them are now changing their minds and starting to move from global warming to global climate change and say it is now going to get colder. You have got to be the biggest dwit around it is not me that is following some ideology, it is you. I am not following the same people that have changed their minds on an issue from one thing to the exact opposite and then have the gull to say yes we are changing our minds about it getting warmer to it getting cloder but it is still MAN that is cuasing

I'll take that bet and it wont take even 10 years because many of them are already started to change their minds on that.

Finally unlike you I follow fact and not consensus. I would believe the Greeks who said it was round long long long before. You see dumbass they had a scientific theory that the earth was round that dealt with working with shadows.

Guru
    06-23-2009, 05:47 PM #32
    The guy that argues that Toyota is not a well run car company is the same guy
    who argues against scientific consensus on global warming.
    What is wrong with this picture?

I quess that article i posted which showed Toyota winning quality awards for their cars and plant didn't convince you huh. Too much consensus again right.

Now that is funny, because take a look at what I actually said. Which was if I use your basis for how good a company is then no. I used your basis on that dumb shit.

Guru
    06-23-2009, 05:56 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Lloyd,we all know we should be off oil as an energy,but the problem is who will pay for it?we have known ,at least i have since the 70;s oil crisis,that oil is not the future ,but we keep spending money on everything but what needs it,namely energy policy and entitlements...most economist estimate 6trillion to build and erect new energy infrastructure for Natural gas or hydrogen or electric..the oil companies sure aren't going to pay for it,so who will?
    I like what boone pickens has to say about it,and he's an oil man..

JohnnyIrishXM, the problem is Boone Pickens isn't a car man he doesn't get the fact it has been tried before. The results are that to protect the fuel tank enough to satisfy the government it would cost to much for the car. There is a reason the only transportaion that uses that form of fuel is trucks heavy vans and buses. They are big enough to have the amount of protection that is required.

Most dont realize gasoline when compared to natural gas is really not flamable/*explosive*. Many think it is like in the movies were in every crash their is an explosion that is actually very rare.
    Last edited by john; 06-23-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Addict
    06-24-2009, 11:52 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Once again you try to bring up this false statement (democrats in congress also tried to) that has already been dispelled. I answered this before and I see "JohnnyIrishXM" has answered once again. Your an idiot you have fallen for the samething you accuse me of. The problem is you and the democrats dont have the facts to back it up. Fact: there is a cost to drilling in the areas that they have leases on (they dont own the land). The studies have shown that the oil that are in those areas does not make up for the cost to drill. Fact: the few areas that they are able to get enough oil out of and be economical are at present being held up by red tape and law suits.

There is one thing you cant deni and that is most of the people that drive thre prius are of the same mind as you. they ether believe in the global warming theory or actually have not looked at the facts about the cost of buying and maintaining one. I also have no doubt these same people think solar power is also economical and saves them money in the end. As for the future you have the same problem as most that cant argue a point very well you forget the FIRST yes the FIRST comment to you which was this;

"lloyd Handwerker, You dont have a clue do you. First of all I doubt that any of the people you mention are against hybrids, IF THEY WORK AND ARE ECONOMCAL. The fact is they dont and are not yet, you nimnuts. If the government did not give tax credits for them they would not sell enough of them that car companies would keep making them, that alone should tell you that the technology doesn't work. The fact it takes almost as long as the car life span just for the savings on fuel to make up for the cost of the car should be a clue to you (that does not include the cost of not having the money for that period of time ether)."

Finally, once again your an idiot, what didnt you see what happen to your hybrid sales when the price of oil dropped from 145 to 35 a barrel. It didn't take to long before the hybrid sales to drop off huge did it.

P.S. The 70s and 80s tell me all I need to know about what happens after oil prices come down.
    Do you always have to start off your argument with "your an idiot" (It actually should be you're an idiot but thats another discussion. lol).
    It doesnt encourage dialogue and its really rather juvenile.
    James Woolsey former head of the CIA believes we should dramatically change our energy policy. He drives a hybrid, knows they work,supports increasing their use quickly because of national security concerns. James Woolsley aint no liberal. Read some of his writings if you feel like being educated and stepping outside your box.
    By the way have you been reading the flurry of articles about electric cars?
    Nissan is aiming for 100,000 fully electric vehicles by 2011.
    Like i said from the beginning; hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electrics are the
    way of the future and will be exploding in quantity over the next five to ten
    years. I think you should not only get used to it, but should welcome the
    change to more energy effecient vehicles.

Addict
    06-24-2009, 11:59 PM #35
    No you dwit, I look at all the information to include the track record of the same scientists you are relieing on. Fact many of them have been wrong and switch their position on this issue at least 2 times. I just have to ask if they had all this scientific information then why is it they said we were going into an ice age over 20 years ago, why is it many of them are now changing their minds and starting to move from global warming to global climate change and say it is now going to get colder. You have got to be the biggest dwit around it is not me that is following some ideology, it is you. I am not following the same people that have changed their minds on an issue from one thing to the exact opposite and then have the gull to say yes we are changing our minds about it getting warmer to it getting cloder but it is still MAN that is cuasing

I'll take that bet and it wont take even 10 years because many of them are already started to change their minds on that.

Finally unlike you I follow fact and not consensus. I would believe the Greeks who said it was round long long long before. You see dumbass they had a scientific theory that the earth was round that dealt with working with shadows.
    If you were so confident of your "facts" you would'nt need to constantly use the words B....ch, dumbass, idiot, numnut etc. You would try to educate me
    with your factual information. But the fact remains that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF SCIENTISTS continue to believe that global warming is man made phenomenon and is an increasing danger to our planet.Its just a fact that cant be denied no matter how many times you say "many of them are already starting to change their minds" Define the word MANY in that sentence please.

06-25-2009, 01:07 AM #37

junk science

Do you always have to start off your argument with "your an idiot" (It actually should be you're an idiot but thats another discussion. lol).
    It doesnt encourage dialogue and its really rather juvenile.
    James Woolsey former head of the CIA believes we should dramatically change our energy policy. He drives a hybrid, knows they work,supports increasing their use quickly because of national security concerns. James Woolsley aint no liberal. Read some of his writings if you feel like being educated and stepping outside your box.
    By the way have you been reading the flurry of articles about electric cars?
    Nissan is aiming for 100,000 fully electric vehicles by 2011.
    Like i said from the beginning; hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electrics are the
    way of the future and will be exploding in quantity over the next five to ten
    years. I think you should not only get used to it, but should welcome the
    change to more energy effecient vehicles.
    First off, both the libs and repubs are far left wackos.

Second, just because someone is driving a certain car or truck, being a hybrid or not, that will not convince me nor will I ever follow that crowd.

Third, you are all about the collective, not the individual, your religion IS global warming, you have no individual identity, (not an independent thinker) and that is sad.

Fourth, if you want to purchase and drive a hybrid, go right ahead, but don't try and force anyone else to buy into it.

http://www.junkscience.com/

Addict
    06-25-2009, 09:30 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    First off, both the libs and repubs are far left wackos.

Second, just because someone is driving a certain car or truck, being a hybrid or not, that will not convince me nor will I ever follow that crowd.

Third, you are all about the collective, not the individual, your religion IS global warming, you have no individual identity, (not an independent thinker) and that is sad.

Fourth, if you want to purchase and drive a hybrid, go right ahead, but don't try and force anyone else to buy into it.

http://www.junkscience.com/
    Yo Dread,
    Huh? LoL.
    You seem pretty wacky!
    No one is forcing anyone to buy a hybrid. Last i checked anyway.
    I got no religion but thanks for giving me one.
    The "crowd" is decidely driving non hybrids so i quess you actually do follow the crowd. Got to get your facts right
    Read James Woolsey to find out why as a former head of the CIA HE THINKS
    a new energy policy (including hybrid technology) is vital for national security. Some people might find his point of view important considering the
    positions he has held in Govt and considering he is a Conservative.

Guru
    06-25-2009, 11:35 AM #39
    If you were so confident of your "facts" you would'nt need to constantly use the words B....ch, dumbass, idiot, numnut etc. You would try to educate me
    with your factual information. But the fact remains that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF SCIENTISTS continue to believe that global warming is man made phenomenon and is an increasing danger to our planet.Its just a fact that cant be denied no matter how many times you say "many of them are already starting to change their minds" Define the word MANY in that sentence please.

Because you are a dwit you cant understand why I call you a dwit. I will explain the facts are there and after I have given them to you time and time again only a dwit would not understand so that is why I call you a dwit.

Ho no, once a gain the reason you are a dwit. That is wrong now the majority are ether going with climate change (heading for cooler tempitures but that it is still mans fault) or it is a myth. The MAJORITY OF SCIENTISTS of the last study at the United Nations are now saying climate change. Now dont tell me you dont know about that study its by the United Nations for god sake, then again if it does not fit the agenda of CNN and the New York Times then it does not get reported so you didnt. Once again I gave you instances where those media sources out and out lied and admited to it in the end. Then again you keep beilieving the same people that have changed their minds on this issue at least twice. The only thing that has not changed for these people is that humans are the reason for the climate change.

Addict
    06-25-2009, 11:50 AM #40
    Because you are a dwit you cant understand why I call you a dwit. I will explain the facts are there and after I have given them to you time and time again only a dwit would not understand so that is why I call you a dwit.

Ho no, once a gain the reason you are a dwit. That is wrong now the majority are ether going with climate change (heading for cooler tempitures but that it is still mans fault) or it is a myth. The MAJORITY OF SCIENTISTS of the last study at the United Nations are now saying climate change. Now dont tell me you dont know about that study its by the United Nations for god sake, then again if it does not fit the agenda of CNN and the New York Times then it does not get reported so you didnt. Once again I gave you instances where those media sources out and out lied and admited to it in the end. Then again you keep beilieving the same people that have changed their minds on this issue at least twice. The only thing that has not changed for these people is that humans are the reason for the climate change.

So you believe in climate change by man?

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456