Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Hybrid Superstar shines brighter

  1. #21
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Can you please give me the link to the Car and Driver magazine article. Or at least the date and year.

    Not asking for too much i believe. Since you say it backs up your point of view why not spread it around for all to see?

    I dont have the link it was the actual magizine. The issue was about 8 months old.

  2. #22
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090622/...ehicle_quality

    Thanks for giving me a ball park time frame for an article you quote as your
    bible on everything about hybrid cars.

    The above article is just another one of those that shows that Toyota is such a bad car maker. LOL>

  3. #23
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Because your bets just like your arguements are stupid. Your an idiot, I set a perimeter of things to ensure that the bet is pure of outside influence so that it stays within our arguement. Your bet is the same as saying if we were standing next to one another, i'll bet you that you fall in the next 5 minutes. your dumb enough to take that bet. I however would say the bet is I dont fall in the next five minutes but you and anyone else can not come up and touch me. You see the difference you dumbass.


    As for fuel prices going up. No I dont think they would go up as much as you think (145 dollars a barrel) in the next 10 years, if democrats took off all the restrictions to drilling for our own oil. A person only needs to look at the timeline. Moritorum runs out and talk of letting us drill offshore starts, oil drops 40 dollars a barrel almost over night. Democrats pass a bill that has so many restrictions on drilling for our own oil that it is impossible and low and behold the price jumps up even though the supply is at a 20 year high with an addditional 2.4 billion barrels off shore in tankers used as basically storage.



    Sorry to burst your bubble but yes democrats and a few lib rebulicans (Spector and Snow) want to stop us from drilling for our own oil. That has a direct result on the way speculators play the oil market.



    Finally it is you that has no understanding about the future, Hence why I said "if hybrids worked" they dont at present maybe in the future they will make economical sense. Also you have no idea what the price of oil is going to do. I can guarentee this though if they took off all the restrictions to drilling for our own oil then we would see the price come down from even this price to about 35 dollars a barrel, why that price, because thats exactly where it was before the democrats passed that bill.
    Actually its a fact that oil companies arent drilling on land that they own and is drilling ready right now so your theory about drilling is just plain wrong but its a good excuse for those like minded of your ideological rigidity. Say it enough and you believe it.
    Ah, hybrids " don't at present work". Thats why 8 out of 10 Prius owners would buy one again. LOL. You sound like you are getting scared they "might work in the future" Funny stuff. I quess that's why you stay way clear of the fact that the future of the automobile is in hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electrics ( as well as clean diesel like they have in Europe). Cant get around
    buddy.

    If i dont know where oil prices wil be going in the future. Why dont we bet on that one i know you'll find a way to change the bet to eliminate all skewing. Priceless.


    Your bet only works if oil prices go down again to $45 a barrel. AND HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THAT WILL TAKE AND HOW LONG WOULD PRICE HOLD
    IF IT DIPPED THAT LOW. ONE MONTH? TWO MONTHS. AND YOU CALL THAT
    A GOOD WAY TO CARVE OUT A BET. YOU ARE DEFINITELY A NUMNUT AND
    idiot! Such manners your parents taught you. They must be soooooo proud!

  4. #24
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    A consensus is not scientific fact. That was the same consensus of people that said we going into another ice age about 30 years ago. There is one fact and that is they have none, that man is the reason for it. There is however scientific fact that it is cycles the earth and sun gos through weather humans are here are not. These are the same morons that now say a ice age is coming again. HOW MANY TIMES DO THEY HAVE TO GET IT WRONG BEFORE YOU NIMRODS START TO QUESTION THEIR JUDGEMENT. Are you going to deni that the same scientist you like to use are now starting to change their minds on this issue and now say we are now going to get colder. Are you going to deni that they have not started to change the term "global warming" to "global climate change"!!!!




    YES IT IS HARD TO ARGUE WITH SOMEONE WITH THE FACTS ISN'T IT.
    So you decide to oppose most scientists because YOU know the truth. LOL If you would examine yourself just a little bit you would have to acknowledge
    that you have taken your position based on your ideological skew and really nothing else.
    I would like to make you a bet right now that in 10 years that consensus about Global warming will be strengthened and even more so in 20 years.
    You could argue this way about every scientific "consensus". There
    were people who believed the earth was flat way after a consensus on the
    matter was formed (You probably would have joined them) What you are arguing for is a kind of ignorance. Just follow your ideological bias and disagree with all scientific consensus. If you think thats a smart way to go through life then god bless you.

  5. #25
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    The guy that argues that Toyota is not a well run car company is the same guy
    who argues against scientific consensus on global warming.
    What is wrong with this picture?

    I quess that article i posted which showed Toyota winning quality awards for their cars and plant didn't convince you huh. Too much consensus again right.

  6. #26
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    So you decide to oppose most scientists because YOU know the truth. LOL If you would examine yourself just a little bit you would have to acknowledge
    that you have taken your position based on your ideological skew and really nothing else.
    I would like to make you a bet right now that in 10 years that consensus about Global warming will be strengthened and even more so in 20 years.
    You could argue this way about every scientific "consensus". There
    were people who believed the earth was flat way after a consensus on the
    matter was formed (You probably would have joined them) What you are arguing for is a kind of ignorance. Just follow your ideological bias and disagree with all scientific consensus. If you think thats a smart way to go through life then god bless you.

    GeeZ,why don't you 2 get a room,oh Wait you did here...
    Reason for oil companies not drilling in okayed areas is because it was not economically feasible to do so,but off shore and alaska is very real probability
    of easy oil to be non technical..

    Europe can not be compared to US because of small ancient roads and urban areas,plus their gov't is funded by gas taxes to cause less driving and hence Smog..this was long before gas crisis,talking 1940's at least..no land or open spaces so they had to go trains and subways or mass transit to encourage commerce..

    Now i personally don't call it Global warming as i prefer climate change ,of which we have had since the earth was formed..
    the theory being that carbon dioxide or monoxide (sic) from Dinosaurs caused ozone to open up and create the ice age...or any number of reasons why climate changes..Meteors, whatever you want to cite,but proof is it happened already several hundred times,who knows why..

    Now as for hybrids,it still creates "Global Warming" because it takes coal to make electricity to run them...and we are lucky to even keep the lights on now with population and rural development around the Globe..
    My 2 Cents is the hybrids are a bridge to Natural gas or Hydrogen run cars.

    That is my take,and LLoyd if you want to get your point across,please don't mention Europe as an example,they are old news and just little states with no military budget to speak of,at our cost..
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-22-2009 at 09:14 PM.

  7. #27
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    GeeZ,why don't you 2 get a room,oh Wait you did here...
    Reason for oil companies not drilling in okayed areas is because it was not economically feasible to do so,but off shore and alaska is very real probability
    of easy oil to be non technical..

    Europe can not be compared to US because of small ancient roads and urban areas,plus their gov't is funded by gas taxes to cause less driving and hence Smog..this was long before gas crisis,talking 1940's at least..no land or open spaces so they had to go trains and subways or mass transit to encourage commerce..

    Now i personally don't call it Global warming as i prefer climate change ,of which we have had since the earth was formed..
    the theory being that carbon dioxide or monoxide (sic) from Dinosaurs caused ozone to open up and create the ice age...or any number of reasons why climate changes..Meteors, whatever you want to cite,but proof is it happened already several hundred times,who knows why..

    Now as for hybrids,it still creates "Global Warming" because it takes coal to make electricity to run them...and we are lucky to even keep the lights on now with population and rural development around the Globe..
    My 2 Cents is the hybrids are a bridge to Natural gas or Hydrogen run cars.

    That is my take,and LLoyd if you want to get your point across,please don't mention Europe as an example,they are old news and just little states with no military budget to speak of,at our cost..
    Of course hybrids still cause global warming. Who said any different around here? The point is they cause less. I would mention some scientific proof but
    that doesnt seem to count for much around here Anyway i dont believe i
    put much emphasis on Europe at all. Just talking about the future of autos in the US and the world in general. I said very simply that certain hybrids not only work but are economical but are the future of the automobile for the next 20 years from my research. Of course there are a lot of car companies jumping on the hybrid bandwagon which make some that dont make any sense economically.
    The sooner we get off oil the better we will all be. I am speaking from an envirommental point of view, economical point of view and political point of view (Iran would be one example). Even the former head of the CIA James Woosley believes as i do; drives a hybrid and he aint no liberal. So stick that in your pipe John and smoke it!

  8. #28
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Of course hybrids still cause global warming. Who said any different around here? The point is they cause less. I would mention some scientific proof but
    that doesnt seem to count for much around here Anyway i dont believe i
    put much emphasis on Europe at all. Just talking about the future of autos in the US and the world in general. I said very simply that certain hybrids not only work but are economical but are the future of the automobile for the next 20 years from my research. Of course there are a lot of car companies jumping on the hybrid bandwagon which make some that dont make any sense economically.
    The sooner we get off oil the better we will all be. I am speaking from an envirommental point of view, economical point of view and political point of view (Iran would be one example). Even the former head of the CIA James Woosley believes as i do; drives a hybrid and he aint no liberal. So stick that in your pipe John and smoke it!
    Lloyd,we all know we should be off oil as an energy,but the problem is who will pay for it?we have known ,at least i have since the 70;s oil crisis,that oil is not the future ,but we keep spending money on everything but what needs it,namely energy policy and entitlements...most economist estimate 6trillion to build and erect new energy infrastructure for Natural gas or hydrogen or electric..the oil companies sure aren't going to pay for it,so who will?
    I like what boone pickens has to say about it,and he's an oil man..

  9. #29
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090622/...ehicle_quality

    Thanks for giving me a ball park time frame for an article you quote as your
    bible on everything about hybrid cars.

    The above article is just another one of those that shows that Toyota is such a bad car maker. LOL>




    Hey dumb shit it is not just them that says it, it is a multitude of acrticles from diiferent publications. The fact is the hybrid does not give the fuel savings needed to make up for the extra cost to buy and maintain when compared to cars in the same class.

  10. #30
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Actually its a fact that oil companies arent drilling on land that they own and is drilling ready right now so your theory about drilling is just plain wrong but its a good excuse for those like minded of your ideological rigidity. Say it enough and you believe it.
    Ah, hybrids " don't at present work". Thats why 8 out of 10 Prius owners would buy one again. LOL. You sound like you are getting scared they "might work in the future" Funny stuff. I quess that's why you stay way clear of the fact that the future of the automobile is in hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electrics ( as well as clean diesel like they have in Europe). Cant get around
    buddy.

    If i dont know where oil prices wil be going in the future. Why dont we bet on that one i know you'll find a way to change the bet to eliminate all skewing. Priceless.



    Your bet only works if oil prices go down again to $45 a barrel. AND HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THAT WILL TAKE AND HOW LONG WOULD PRICE HOLD
    IF IT DIPPED THAT LOW. ONE MONTH? TWO MONTHS. AND YOU CALL THAT
    A GOOD WAY TO CARVE OUT A BET. YOU ARE DEFINITELY A NUMNUT AND
    idiot! Such manners your parents taught you. They must be soooooo proud!





    Once again you try to bring up this false statement (democrats in congress also tried to) that has already been dispelled. I answered this before and I see "JohnnyIrishXM" has answered once again. Your an idiot you have fallen for the samething you accuse me of. The problem is you and the democrats dont have the facts to back it up. Fact: there is a cost to drilling in the areas that they have leases on (they dont own the land). The studies have shown that the oil that are in those areas does not make up for the cost to drill. Fact: the few areas that they are able to get enough oil out of and be economical are at present being held up by red tape and law suits.


    There is one thing you cant deni and that is most of the people that drive thre prius are of the same mind as you. they ether believe in the global warming theory or actually have not looked at the facts about the cost of buying and maintaining one. I also have no doubt these same people think solar power is also economical and saves them money in the end. As for the future you have the same problem as most that cant argue a point very well you forget the FIRST yes the FIRST comment to you which was this;

    "lloyd Handwerker, You dont have a clue do you. First of all I doubt that any of the people you mention are against hybrids, IF THEY WORK AND ARE ECONOMCAL. The fact is they dont and are not yet, you nimnuts. If the government did not give tax credits for them they would not sell enough of them that car companies would keep making them, that alone should tell you that the technology doesn't work. The fact it takes almost as long as the car life span just for the savings on fuel to make up for the cost of the car should be a clue to you (that does not include the cost of not having the money for that period of time ether)."




    Finally, once again your an idiot, what didnt you see what happen to your hybrid sales when the price of oil dropped from 145 to 35 a barrel. It didn't take to long before the hybrid sales to drop off huge did it.


    P.S. The 70s and 80s tell me all I need to know about what happens after oil prices come down.
    Last edited by john; 06-23-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •