Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Hybrid Superstar shines brighter

  1. #11
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Those stats were from "Car and Driver" magizine.




    Also get off the global warming issue we are not total idiots here. You have no proof that it is man doing it or if it is the cycles of the sun. I know you read the post I had to you in that thread, inwhich I discussed the temps just before the Little Ice Age where higher then they are now. As a matter of fact they made the statement in that show (the history channel) about the reason for the name of the country Greenland being Greenland. I also asked you in that thread what industrial development was going on then??????? I also told you you better get with the times because it is not called global warming anymore they changed that to global climate change. Thats because the same people you believed before (who not 20 or 30 years prior said we going into another ice age) have started to change their minds again and are saying the we could go into a ice age now. You want to know why???? well you have to keep up because they think we are going to have lower tempitures on average for the next 12 to 20 years.
    I quess the facts that the overwhelming majority of scientists in this country say global warming is real and caused by man doesnt impress you. Sorry you choose to be prefer to believe in ideology over science. Hard to argue with someone like you.

  2. #12
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Those stats were from "Car and Driver" magizine.




    Also get off the global warming issue we are not total idiots here. You have no proof that it is man doing it or if it is the cycles of the sun. I know you read the post I had to you in that thread, inwhich I discussed the temps just before the Little Ice Age where higher then they are now. As a matter of fact they made the statement in that show (the history channel) about the reason for the name of the country Greenland being Greenland. I also asked you in that thread what industrial development was going on then??????? I also told you you better get with the times because it is not called global warming anymore they changed that to global climate change. Thats because the same people you believed before (who not 20 or 30 years prior said we going into another ice age) have started to change their minds again and are saying the we could go into a ice age now. You want to know why???? well you have to keep up because they think we are going to have lower tempitures on average for the next 12 to 20 years.
    Please send me a link to the CAR and DRIVER magazine article.

  3. #13
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Sales in most car companies have been down for the most part in the mid
    30's to high 40's. Chrysler was down 48%. The fact that Toyota in general
    has seen a decline in sales of 42% means that a hybrid drop of 45% is quite
    close to their overall drop.
    The only point i was trying to make was that we are in a recession and all
    cars are hurting. Of course purchases of SUV's or energy effecient hybrids will rise and fall with the price of gas to some extent. The fact is in the next 5 to 10 years we will be increasing our hybrid, hybrid electric and electric cars
    by leaps and bounds. You seem to want to avoid that bet.
    The marketplace will dictate it and you should appreciate the marketplace more.

  4. #14
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    lloyd Handwerker, You dont have a clue do you. First of all I doubt that any of the people you mention are against hybrids, IF THEY WORK AND ARE ECONOMCAL. The fact is they dont and are not yet, you nimnuts. If the government did not give tax credits for them they would not sell enough of them that car companies would keep making them, that alone should tell you that the technology doesn't work. The fact it takes almost as long as the car life span just for the savings on fuel to make up for the cost of the car should be a clue to you (that does not include the cost of not having the money for that period of time ether).
    "IF THEY WORK...."
    Could you be a bigger liar and fool? Nope!

  5. #15
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Stop with the nasty insults like calling Senator Granholm the B word and Obama F''n dumb. It just makes you come across as quite ignorant and nasty. if you have facts on your side argue them in a normal manner.

    Still waiting for facts behind your claims in our last exchange.Come on buddy list the statistics behind your arguments. Name the cars and mileage.

    How much did Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc drop off in Feb, March, April, May from this year? Come on list the facts not your ideology.

    I notice you dont try to deny the recession had something to do
    with the drop off in hybrid sales like you did in your last post. What happened? Do you always give up so easily on your "facts" of 5 minutes ago.
    Are you seriously trying to argue that Toyota has not been a well run company over the last 10 years and that its decision to go into hybrid
    cars such as the Prius was not a wise business decision? They have sold
    over 1 million of them and if you have been paying attention at all every
    car company is following in their footstep.

    I notice you avoided my offer of a bet on the future of the hybrid, hybrid plug-in, and electrics in this country. Come on chicken or should i say "jack ass". LOL.

    The fact is that oil prices were at their highest under the Republican Bush
    administration. And i am not so dumb like you to say oil prices go up and down based on which party is in power. Where did you get such a notion?:




    I have aready told you where I got the information if you want to complain then I suggest you go read the article and take it up with them.


    Hey numnuts it is clear that they were at 12 million last year for total car sales in 2008 for the fist three months of this year they were calling a projection of 9 million for the year simple math of a drop of 25% year over year. Hybrids dropped almost twice as much as the rest, so it is clear even with the recession there was something else that effected the sales of hybrids. Fact SUVs were the most popular models for the last almost 9 out of ten years. Fact Toyota did not even have a SUV model that could come close to competing in that market for the first 4 years. Not a well run company if I use the same basis as you do. 1 million is not that many when compared to the amount of SUVs sold in the same time frame and all that without the government subsidies they give for buying a hybrid.




    I tell you what I will take this bet. If oil prices go back down to 40 to 45 dollars a barrel and the government stops giving subsidies for buying a hybrid, that hybrid sales drop off the face of the planet, just like they did in the eary 80s. How about it jackass, you want to make that bet.




    That is funny how you forget to mention that they did not get that high for the first six years of his term until the democrats took over congress. So lets see the price of oil jumps to double in just over a year of them taking over the house and you are going to try and blame Bush. Cause and effect nimrod. You the funny one here.



    The problem with you libs is your logic and arguments never hold water when looked at and debated. You people go through life with blinders on. A perfect example of this is Obama getting all upset with FOX news. I cant remember Bush doing that with any of the rest of the lib stations (which is all the rest). By the way I am not talking about one or two stories. I am talking about the stations themselves like Obama did and still does.

  6. #16
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I quess the facts that the overwhelming majority of scientists in this country say global warming is real and caused by man doesnt impress you. Sorry you choose to be prefer to believe in ideology over science. Hard to argue with someone like you.


    A consensus is not scientific fact. That was the same consensus of people that said we going into another ice age about 30 years ago. There is one fact and that is they have none, that man is the reason for it. There is however scientific fact that it is cycles the earth and sun gos through weather humans are here are not. These are the same morons that now say a ice age is coming again. HOW MANY TIMES DO THEY HAVE TO GET IT WRONG BEFORE YOU NIMRODS START TO QUESTION THEIR JUDGEMENT. Are you going to deni that the same scientist you like to use are now starting to change their minds on this issue and now say we are now going to get colder. Are you going to deni that they have not started to change the term "global warming" to "global climate change"!!!!




    YES IT IS HARD TO ARGUE WITH SOMEONE WITH THE FACTS ISN'T IT.

  7. #17
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I have aready told you where I got the information if you want to complain then I suggest you go read the article and take it up with them.


    Hey numnuts it is clear that they were at 12 million last year for total car sales in 2008 for the fist three months of this year they were calling a projection of 9 million for the year simple math of a drop of 25% year over year. Hybrids dropped almost twice as much as the rest, so it is clear even with the recession there was something else that effected the sales of hybrids. Fact SUVs were the most popular models for the last almost 9 out of ten years. Fact Toyota did not even have a SUV model that could come close to competing in that market for the first 4 years. Not a well run company if I use the same basis as you do. 1 million is not that many when compared to the amount of SUVs sold in the same time frame and all that without the government subsidies they give for buying a hybrid.




    I tell you what I will take this bet. If oil prices go back down to 40 to 45 dollars a barrel and the government stops giving subsidies for buying a hybrid, that hybrid sales drop off the face of the planet, just like they did in the eary 80s. How about it jackass, you want to make that bet.




    That is funny how you forget to mention that they did not get that high for the first six years of his term until the democrats took over congress. So lets see the price of oil jumps to double in just over a year of them taking over the house and you are going to try and blame Bush. Cause and effect nimrod. You the funny one here.



    The problem with you libs is your logic and arguments never hold water when looked at and debated. You people go through life with blinders on. A perfect example of this is Obama getting all upset with FOX news. I cant remember Bush doing that with any of the rest of the lib stations (which is all the rest). By the way I am not talking about one or two stories. I am talking about the stations themselves like Obama did and still does.
    So you want to make a bet? i see. But you wont take my bet huh? LOL.
    IF HYBRIDS "DONT WORK AND ARENT ECONOMICAL"WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? COME ON CHICKEN! You know gas prices are going to go up over the long
    term dont you. They are even going up in a deep recession from the lows we just had. You set up a bet based on NONSENSE. if you had any guts make a bet on the next 5 to 10 years.

    You and I both know that hybrids, hybrid plug-ins and electric vehicles are the wave of the future its just too painful for you to admit it.
    Sorry if you it hurts to have your ideological bias revealed.

    Anyone who claims gas prices go up based on what political party is in office is most definitely a numnut to quote one of your favorite words.

    No one said gas prices didnt affect the purchase of hybrids and SUV's
    You setting up another one of your straw dogs?

    1.2 million Priuses is just the beginning.No one thought Toyota (not even there own sales people) would sell that many. Of course
    SUV's sold the most in the last decade. Thats obvious. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE! Understan?
    How many hybrids would you say will be on the road by 2013? 2018?

    I think you need to check your own blinders. Your projecting buddy.

  8. #18
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    "IF THEY WORK...."
    Could you be a bigger liar and fool? Nope!



    This is a perfect example of a person that cant back up their arguement. They always start to jumb around instead of taking each part apart as they come. I already gave you the reasons for them not working. Whats next you going to try and tell me solar power works well enough to be a replacement to coal. Listen jack ass, there is a efficientcy level of evey product that has to be reached before it becomes a viable replacement, like with solar panels hybrids are not there yet.

  9. #19
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Can you please give me the link to the Car and Driver magazine article. Or at least the date and year.

    Not asking for too much i believe. Since you say it backs up your point of view why not spread it around for all to see?

  10. #20
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    So you want to make a bet? i see. But you wont take my bet huh? LOL.
    IF HYBRIDS "DONT WORK AND ARENT ECONOMICAL"WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? COME ON CHICKEN! You know gas prices are going to go up over the long
    term dont you. They are even going up in a deep recession from the lows we just had. You set up a bet based on NONSENSE. if you had any guts make a bet on the next 5 to 10 years.

    You and I both know that hybrids, hybrid plug-ins and electric vehicles are the wave of the future its just too painful for you to admit it.
    Sorry if you it hurts to have your ideological bias revealed.

    Anyone who claims gas prices go up based on what political party is in office is most definitely a numnut to quote one of your favorite words.

    No one said gas prices didnt affect the purchase of hybrids and SUV's
    You setting up another one of your straw dogs?

    1.2 million Priuses is just the beginning.No one thought Toyota (not even there own sales people) would sell that many. Of course
    SUV's sold the most in the last decade. Thats obvious. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE! Understan?
    How many hybrids would you say will be on the road by 2013? 2018?

    I think you need to check your own blinders. Your projecting buddy.


    Because your bets just like your arguements are stupid. Your an idiot, I set a perimeter of things to ensure that the bet is pure of outside influence so that it stays within our arguement. Your bet is the same as saying if we were standing next to one another, i'll bet you that you fall in the next 5 minutes. your dumb enough to take that bet. I however would say the bet is I dont fall in the next five minutes but you and anyone else can not come up and touch me. You see the difference you dumbass.


    As for fuel prices going up. No I dont think they would go up as much as you think (145 dollars a barrel) in the next 10 years, if democrats took off all the restrictions to drilling for our own oil. A person only needs to look at the timeline. Moritorum runs out and talk of letting us drill offshore starts, oil drops 40 dollars a barrel almost over night. Democrats pass a bill that has so many restrictions on drilling for our own oil that it is impossible and low and behold the price jumps up even though the supply is at a 20 year high with an addditional 2.4 billion barrels off shore in tankers used as basically storage.



    Sorry to burst your bubble but yes democrats and a few lib rebulicans (Spector and Snow) want to stop us from drilling for our own oil. That has a direct result on the way speculators play the oil market.



    Finally it is you that has no understanding about the future, Hence why I said "if hybrids worked" they dont at present maybe in the future they will make economical sense. Also you have no idea what the price of oil is going to do. I can guarentee this though if they took off all the restrictions to drilling for our own oil then we would see the price come down from even this price to about 35 dollars a barrel, why that price, because thats exactly where it was before the democrats passed that bill.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •