Page 12 of 28 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-31-2009, 11:52 AM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    I had a SXM receiver installed in my head, yes a few extra bucks, but it goes with me wherever I go. I am hearing voices in my head even now as I compose this post.
    Wow - you too? I wondered where the voices were coming from.... and they strangely enough sounded like Howard.....

Another flatline day unless we get a pop from some news/event. ISEG is holding us down as usual.

By the way - for those of you who've been chatting with me about TD-Ameritrade - I FINALLY got out of HELLS FARGO..... TDA pulled me over today and I am out of Fargo's clutches...... so regardless of the flatline trend... I'm celebrating tonight..... (and scheming on how to acquire another block of SIRI)

I'll drop back in here later and check up on the thread.....

03-31-2009, 11:54 AM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    like a collectors item? lol
    also it isn't 3500 certificates its 1 certificate that says 3500 on it
    i think that is how many shares it is i haven't looked at them in awhile, also have a lot of GAS (Nicor), which i will be hanging on to for awhile :P
    You may want to research it further..I am not up to speed on GM Stock, but if they have done any splits since issue, you may have more shares than you realize.

**Just looked it up and they did a 2 for 1 in 1989**

Enthusiast
    03-31-2009, 11:57 AM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    ANYONE...know when uptick rule goes into effect?
    i've been looking for a date also..... all i could see is talks of reinstating it and hopefully "get our proposal out in April"

im guessing there is no set date or it would be pretty big news, and we would have heard about it already

03-31-2009, 12:04 PM #114

Level II

You know, I've been watching level II quotes for years, and until stumbling upon you guys, I never really knew anything about what it all actually meant. A couple of days ago I decided I needed to try to learn what was up with that, did a search on google and have been doing my best to get a grip on the level II, and it's meanings. The thing is, manipulation or not, I've never seen a stock with so many shares being bid on at one price and no one putting in a higher bid. (as in .34 and no one putting in a bid at .35) It's usually a good sign with so many bids.

I found this site helpful. Still looking for more
    http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums...ad.php?t=35169

Enthusiast
    03-31-2009, 12:06 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundevil View Post
    You may want to research it further..I am not up to speed on GM Stock, but if they have done any splits since issue, you may have more shares than you realize.

**Just looked it up and they did a 2 for 1 in 1989**
    More shares maybe, but wouldn't they reissue another certificate for the split?....and if they go BK and SP becomes only pennies, it may not make much of a difference.....

i guess i don't see how it is worth more as a certificate, other than a piece of artwork you sell on ebay, or as wallpaper if it becomes worthless, or are you guys thinking they will come out of BK and my share will still be ok as is? I don't really understand a lot of aspects of trading yet as i have only been trading since October 2008

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-31-2009, 12:08 PM #116
    Last edited by Beach Gambler; 03-31-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-31-2009, 12:10 PM #117
    Indeed thats what i have been thinking, problem is......my 101 yr old grandfather gave them to me (he is still alive and reads the wallstreet journal everyday, just doesn't feel like keeping track of the stocks anymore lol).....they are actual stock certificates, so i would have to sign them over and mail them to the brokerage account first i am guessing, who knows how long that takes

Jeff, Did you ask your grandfather what he thinks?

My accountant told me the story about his grandfather, who was on the board of directors of Sears, Roebuck in the 1960s, left each of his grandchildren 200K in Sears stock with the stipulation that it be held in trust for 25 years before being sold. They tried to break the trust in court but failed. He got less than 25K at distribution. Moral: Don't ride the Titanic all the way to the bottom (like I did on SIRI)

Addict
    03-31-2009, 12:11 PM #118
    What amazes me today is that with all the new incentives announced by GM and Ford the market up 90 pts today as well as an upgrade of SIRI that the stock cant move above .34

Banned
    03-31-2009, 12:13 PM #119
    They seem to be punishing SIRI because of Government Motors (GM) soon to be filed BK. Am I the only one that sees this as ridiculous?

03-31-2009, 12:14 PM #120
    Indeed thats what i have been thinking, problem is......my 101 yr old grandfather gave them to me (he is still alive and reads the wallstreet journal everyday, just doesn't feel like keeping track of the stocks anymore lol).....they are actual stock certificates, so i would have to sign them over and mail them to the brokerage account first i am guessing, who knows how long that takes
    I sold my GM 2 weeks ago, although I did not have as many as you hold, I did put the money into more SIRI and other stocks. I will buy back in at a later date if they survive all of this and the price is right.

Page 12 of 28 ... 2101112131422 ...