03-30-2009, 01:00 PM #1

Exclamation Expressing my Views

I sent this to Mr. Zellner, Joe Bonadonna, and Gregg Steele at Sirius today. Rather harsh but I have never been known to hold my true feelings back, especially when it comes to music.

Well well well, another letter to the persons who program the music for Sirius channels. This morning during the 9 o'clock hour I heard Rush's Circumstances and then in the 10 o'clock hour I heard Rush's Fly By Night. Why is this? Its because the program directors for The Boneyard are not fully educated on how to complete a playlist without repeating the same bands over and over again.
    I am going to give it to you in the simplest way that I can, since your simple playlist are for the simple minds make them out as well as those that listen to them and think that they are good.

Lets start with Classic Vinyl. Good station BAD PLAYLIST. The Moody Blues are not a Rock group they are a light music group that belong on the 70's channel. Stop playing wimpy artist like Al Stewart, move to the elevator channel. If Bruce has his own channel why do you constantly replay his music on Classic Vinyl? Just a hint, there is music more to Lynyrd Skynyrd than 3 Steps and Free Bird. Get a hold of someone that has some knowledge of the history of rock music and getting a play that doesn't resemble my local hits channel will help in subscriptions. Question???

Classic Rewind, This is the station that is supposed to rock and frankly it doesn't even roll half the time. Please refrain from playing one hit wonders from the MTV era. One hit wonders belong on the 80's and 90's channels. Greg Kin and The Fix are not rockers from the second era of classic rock. 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allaman Brothers, The Cars, Boston, LEO, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. Once again you are showing your lack of music knowledge by playing the simpleton playlists.

Now The Bonehead..oooops Boneyard.
    This station is a disgrace to music variety at the highest level available. Your playlist consist of the following groups played over and over and over and over and over again all in the same 4 hour period. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metalica, Megadeth, Rainbow, Dio, Rush, Helix (WTF???) Billy Squire????,Van Halen, Judas Priest B.O.C., Maybe a few others that I have missed but like I said, Billy Squire?? Hard and Classic??? Helix?? Talk about a 1....well they didn't even have a hit just a decent 1st album. Lets broaden your little music minds and see if we can get you out of your simpleton music seat. Look around boys the world is full of many more bands than the ones you play on Boneyard.

You see when The BUZZSAW was around these simpleton playlists weren't played because the DJ's ROCKED!! Everything on that station KICKED ASS!!! They played it all and they didn't play the same old groups all the time like what is done NOW!!
    I no longer hear the Southern Rock, The Blues Rock, The Classic Rock, The Hard Rock, The overall blast your volume all the way to eleven Rock.....Instead I hear simpleton playlists created by uneducated simpleton program directors.
    Do us all a favor in this time of economic hardship, make it worth our money to keep paying for satellite radio like it was before the merger.

Bring Back The BUZZSAW!!
    Sean Mahoney, Peru Indiana
    Last edited by vanzant77; 03-30-2009 at 01:04 PM.

05-01-2009, 05:16 PM #2
    Amen! I could not agree more! I try to listen to Boneyard to hear classic rock and Def Leppard's Rock Rock til You Drop is on for the 100,000th time, then I switch to Classic Vinyl (Elton John!), then Classic Rewind (more Def Leppard yikes!), Then Deep Tracks (The Moody Blues) I can't find anything. I hear more hard rock on Hair Nation at times, Ozzy, Tesla, Guns N Roses and Kiss to name a few. BTW can you believe that Guns N Roses and Ozzy are the number 2 and 5 most played artists on Hair Nation? Kiss is in there at number 4. Since when are they "hair" bands?

I tune to Lithuim and hear Soundgarden, STP and Alice in Chains followed by the Cranberries, Dave Matthews and the Gin Blossoms. WTF!

I wish more people like you would contact the Boneheads at Boneyard and the rock programming on Sirius XM in general. I am so sick of the same crappy songs and lame artists being played every day. I think all the rock channels need major re-programming

Boneyard has way too much repitition and too many "pop" and "FM radio" songs get played. Way too much Rush, Van Halen, Billy Squire, Twisted Sister and "pop" Aerosmith (Rag Doll, Deuces Are Wild, Love In An Elevator, etc). I hear f&%king Poundcake by Van Haggar everyday! Don't even get me started on Cheap Trick! Dream Police, give me a f*#king break!

I don't think we'll get the support from users of this forum because I'm not sure there are too many classic rock fans here. I see way more posts and replies to Boom Box and Hip Hop Nation related posts. But if you classic rock fans are out there then please if you are a unhappy Boneyard or any other rock channel listener please email:
    Boneyard@siriusxm.com, jon.zellner@xmradio.com, bodhi@xmradio.com, gsteele@siriusradio.com, joe.bonadonna@xmradio.com
    Last edited by wblongliverock; 05-01-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Guru
    05-06-2009, 01:09 AM #3

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by vanzant77 View Post
    I sent this to Mr. Zellner, Joe Bonadonna, and Gregg Steele at Sirius today. Rather harsh but I have never been known to hold my true feelings back, especially when it comes to music.

Well well well, another letter to the persons who program the music for Sirius channels. This morning during the 9 o'clock hour I heard Rush's Circumstances and then in the 10 o'clock hour I heard Rush's Fly By Night. Why is this? Its because the program directors for The Boneyard are not fully educated on how to complete a playlist without repeating the same bands over and over again.
    I am going to give it to you in the simplest way that I can, since your simple playlist are for the simple minds make them out as well as those that listen to them and think that they are good.

Lets start with Classic Vinyl. Good station BAD PLAYLIST. The Moody Blues are not a Rock group they are a light music group that belong on the 70's channel. Stop playing wimpy artist like Al Stewart, move to the elevator channel. If Bruce has his own channel why do you constantly replay his music on Classic Vinyl? Just a hint, there is music more to Lynyrd Skynyrd than 3 Steps and Free Bird. Get a hold of someone that has some knowledge of the history of rock music and getting a play that doesn't resemble my local hits channel will help in subscriptions. Question???

Classic Rewind, This is the station that is supposed to rock and frankly it doesn't even roll half the time. Please refrain from playing one hit wonders from the MTV era. One hit wonders belong on the 80's and 90's channels. Greg Kin and The Fix are not rockers from the second era of classic rock. 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allaman Brothers, The Cars, Boston, LEO, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. Once again you are showing your lack of music knowledge by playing the simpleton playlists.

Now The Bonehead..oooops Boneyard.
    This station is a disgrace to music variety at the highest level available. Your playlist consist of the following groups played over and over and over and over and over again all in the same 4 hour period. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metalica, Megadeth, Rainbow, Dio, Rush, Helix (WTF???) Billy Squire????,Van Halen, Judas Priest B.O.C., Maybe a few others that I have missed but like I said, Billy Squire?? Hard and Classic??? Helix?? Talk about a 1....well they didn't even have a hit just a decent 1st album. Lets broaden your little music minds and see if we can get you out of your simpleton music seat. Look around boys the world is full of many more bands than the ones you play on Boneyard.

You see when The BUZZSAW was around these simpleton playlists weren't played because the DJ's ROCKED!! Everything on that station KICKED ASS!!! They played it all and they didn't play the same old groups all the time like what is done NOW!!
    I no longer hear the Southern Rock, The Blues Rock, The Classic Rock, The Hard Rock, The overall blast your volume all the way to eleven Rock.....Instead I hear simpleton playlists created by uneducated simpleton program directors.
    Do us all a favor in this time of economic hardship, make it worth our money to keep paying for satellite radio like it was before the merger.

Bring Back The BUZZSAW!!
    Sean Mahoney, Peru Indiana
    I was a disc jockey in the early 70's and I know exactly what you are talking about! I was on major stations and know the whole trip up through the eighties. I was big into the 60's and 70's.

Let's add on another one.........BB KING Blues...what a suck station! 6 months ago it was pretty good, but you know, I have to say that Pandora has better blues channels, by mega-leaps!

If I wanted to listen to the soul station, I would turn to the soul station.

Your music directors here don't know shit about music and Mahoney knows what he is talking about.

The only station that is left in fair condition is "Pure Jazz", if that is what it is called anymore... or is it "Kenny G's Big Ones?". It is enough to gag a maggot.

Rock on, Mahoney! You are right!

Bill

04-22-2010, 04:43 PM #4

Bring back the Buzzsaw

I have sent emails to the DJ's and to the Producers with a response from the DJs but not from the producers. I loved it back in the day when all the stations really rocked. Buzzsaw,vinyl,rewind,octane,lithium and Faction. At work we would really crank up the music and it was almost like being at a party instead of a daily grind of work. Everyone would listen off my starmate 2 with the extended FM signal. After the merger things changed for sure. Even though there are a few good songs here and there we also noticed that Rush and Queensryke seemed to just fill the air waves. To this day we all talk about how bad the playlist has been over the past year or so. Boneyard really bites. We try to listen to it every now and then but we usually switch it to either faction for guys under 40 and vinyl and rewind for those older. I truly hope that the producers hear our concerns and go back to find out what worked so well with the buzzsaw and fix it. Even the name boneyard makes it sound like they are digging for music, I find that the boneyard spends more time finding songs that no one has heard before because someone thinks obscure songs are cool. Well unless its a old metallica song no one wants to hear a song by blue oyster cult or helix if it wasn't a hit back in the day. Bring back the buzzsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-13-2010, 11:35 PM #5
    Beetles, Beetles and more Beetles!!! What are they trying to do, fund Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr's retirements?? It seems that not an hour goes by that I'm not hearing at least two Beetles songs on Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl. I couldn't tell you which one, since both stations have kind of just melded into a lousy goo of top 40 drek.

Now they have started to play new cuts from old artists and are trying to pass that off as "Classic". BS. Most of the new crap they are playing can't hold a candle to the true classics.

The formating has changed drastically over the years, and it's changed for the worse.

They used to brag about their huge collection of classic albums. Now they just play the top 40 over, and over, and over and over, and over.

Get the point Sirius/XM? Your new format SUCKS and I am VERY close to canceling my two subscriptions, and getting my music for free from Pandora!! Yeah, Pandora may not have a huge variety of music, but guess what!! Neither do you and I PAY for your service!