Page 1 of 2 12
    Banned
    03-28-2009, 09:14 PM #1

Looks Like The NAB are Back In Town

I can't believe I missed it. I was so upset yesterday regarding that orbit article that I completely missed the true source of the XM online bashfest.

Time to suit up soldiers, this is not a drill!

Last week Sirius XM had a problem with its online service on the XM side. A certain blogger decided to mount an offensive against the company and used every message board and public venue he could to get heard on the issue.

Mainstream media picked up the story and ran with it making bait and switch claims. I commented that it appeared to me that Sirius had bent over backwards to remedy the situation but he gave them very little credit. I questioned him on that. Needless to say, that comment never got approved, although others did.

This was not just some disgruntled blogger however. Go take a look at his blog. He has a giant ad for guess who? You got it! The NA (FKIN) B! Apparently, they are his biggest supporter.
    Hes running this ad...

http://www.nabshow.com/?utm_source=m...n=reedbusiness
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 03-28-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-28-2009, 11:52 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I can't believe I missed it. I was so upset yesterday regarding that orbit article that I completely missed the true source of the XM online bashfest.

Time to suit up soldiers, this is not a drill!

Last week Sirius XM had a problem with its online service on the XM side. A certain blogger decided to mount an offensive against the company and used every message board and public venue he could to get heard on the issue.

Mainstream media picked up the story and ran with it making bait and switch claims. I commented that it appeared to me that Sirius had bent over backwards to remedy the situation but he gave them very little credit. I questioned him on that. Needless to say, that comment never got approved, although others did.

This was not just some disgruntled blogger however. Go take a look at his blog. He has a giant ad for guess who? You got it! The NA (FKIN) B! Apparently, they are his biggest supporter.
    Hes running this ad...

http://www.nabshow.com/?utm_source=m...n=reedbusiness
    Its over at the XM-fan website-forums, you can read it on or under XMRO, if you like, it's kinda funny to me....all this over $2.99 he says he's won his fight, but, I don't think so? LOL......just pay for it and GET OVER IT, I did, no big deal to me, I like the 128k stream, I've been listen to it for well over 3 yrs. before I even bought a SRI-Radio
    Last edited by denb45; 03-28-2009 at 11:58 PM.

03-29-2009, 03:11 PM #3
    This isn't one guy complaining. He wrote this article after hundreds of XM fans across a bunch of websites started to complain. This looks like a legit beef to me. Sirius XM loves the bait and switch, look at what they did with Bubbas show. This is just par for the course. If I gave a damn about the bitrate of the online stream, I would be pissed off too. Once again Sirius XM pisses of an alienates their customers. I can't wait to see the total number of negative subs for Q1.

People say that the 4th quarter wasn't bad and "see people weren't that mad about the channel changes and Bubba's show." I think they are dead wrong. I think a lot of those people are that mad and their paid in advance 1 and 2 year subscriptions haven't run out yet and when they do, you are going to see a surge in churn by the end of the year.

Enthusiast
    03-29-2009, 04:26 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    This isn't one guy complaining. He wrote this article after hundreds of XM fans across a bunch of websites started to complain. This looks like a legit beef to me. Sirius XM loves the bait and switch, look at what they did with Bubbas show. This is just par for the course. If I gave a damn about the bitrate of the online stream, I would be pissed off too. Once again Sirius XM pisses of an alienates their customers. I can't wait to see the total number of negative subs for Q1.

People say that the 4th quarter wasn't bad and "see people weren't that mad about the channel changes and Bubba's show." I think they are dead wrong. I think a lot of those people are that mad and their paid in advance 1 and 2 year subscriptions haven't run out yet and when they do, you are going to see a surge in churn by the end of the year.
    I don't see that happening , just over $2.99 128k internet stream....and most of the problems like that are mostly on the XM-side, and not the Siruis side
    I've enjoyed the Siruis 128k internet stream for the last 3 yrs. XM never had the 128K, it only had 64K, and I really don't think anyone on the XM-side knew the difference anyway ( how can they complain about something they never had in the 1st place), up untill MARCH 11th, now, I do understand the anger tho, XM took away the 64k stream and made it 32K FREE w/ a sub instead of the 64k, and if you wanted 128K it now cost $2.99 w/ a sub, Sirius never had that problem, as it didn't have 64K...........so, you see this has nothing to do w/ Sirius, it's part of XMs on-going problems with the merger, and the channel lineup change way back in NOV 12th, 2009........that angered a lot of subs when that took place.......
    Last edited by denb45; 03-29-2009 at 04:35 PM.

03-29-2009, 04:58 PM #5
    I do wonder about many of the motives behind a lot of the uber negative posts about SIRIUS XM on the internet. However I don't think Scott whose article got picked up on that one website is being paid or something to say that. If you subscribe to that notion then clearly I, the main sponsor on this site is telling you what to post and write and I've never met you Brandon. I have met Spencer and talked to Charles on the phone, but I just think it's a silly notion with Scott's case and article. And believe me when I say I've had a tif or two online with Scott regarding his new style of trying to communicate his frustration of SIRIUS XM.

Enthusiast
    03-30-2009, 12:06 AM #6
    im with tayor here, scott did the correct thing imho.

Banned
    03-30-2009, 02:43 AM #7
    I would have given him the benefit of the doubt until I submitted 2 different comments which were both not approved. Seems he values only his and similar opinions. When I questioned why did not give Sirius more credit for working it out, he simply never posted the comment.

So, I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Period.

Enthusiast
    03-30-2009, 02:10 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I would have given him the benefit of the doubt until I submitted 2 different comments which were both not approved. Seems he values only his and similar opinions. When I questioned why did not give Sirius more credit for working it out, he simply never posted the comment.

So, I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Period.
    Yeah, the other day, I was told to get the Hell outta the XM website ,as I don't have an XM radio, I'm Sirius sub w/ a SRI-radio, I'm not well like in that form, and they tell me I don't have an opinion and cannot comment on XM stuff, I wonder why that is?
    Last edited by denb45; 03-30-2009 at 02:13 PM.

03-31-2009, 08:36 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    im with tayor here, scott did the correct thing imho.
    I'm not saying he did the right thing at all. I'm just saying it's not proven that there is a correlation between what Scott writes and what banner is at the top of the page.

Enthusiast
    03-31-2009, 10:14 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS Taylor View Post
    I'm not saying he did the right thing at all. I'm just saying it's not proven that there is a correlation between what Scott writes and what banner is at the top of the page.
    point taken i agree with that also..i still think he did the correct thing as this company really drags their feet to often on what looks like a simple issue

Page 1 of 2 12