Banned
    03-28-2009, 09:05 AM #1

Oh Well, I Did It Again!

There you have it. Just one week ago, I had my picture taken with Dylan Ratigan in the background. Apparently, ABC was so impressed with Dylan being seen in the same picture as me, that they offered him a huge contract. He's leaving CNBC. In fact, news says he left Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/bu...html?ref=media
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 03-28-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Enthusiast
    03-28-2009, 09:45 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    There you have it. Just one week ago, I had my picture taken with Dylan Ratigan in the background. Apparently, ABC was so impressed with Dylan being seen in the same picture as me, that they offered him a huge contract. He's leaving CNBC. In fact, news says he left Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/bu...html?ref=media
    You can't be for real.

From your linked article:
    Mr. Ratigan said in a telephone interview Friday that despite rumors that he had an offer to move to ABC News, he had not made an agreement with any other network. “No deal is pending with anybody,” Mr. Ratigan said. “All options are being considered.

An executive from a network that has interest in Mr. Ratigan said the reason no other deal was in place with ABC or anyone else was that his CNBC contract — though it ends March 31 — contains a clause that will prevent Mr. Ratigan from working elsewhere for some period of time. The executive requested anonymity so as not to tip the network’s hand in negotiations.

Mr. Ratigan would not comment on whether such a clause existed, but he said, “You may next see me in six months, or it may be three months.”

sheesh

03-28-2009, 11:31 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    ...the reason no other deal was in place with ABC or anyone else was that his CNBC contract — though it ends March 31 — contains a clause that will prevent Mr. Ratigan from working elsewhere for some period of time. The executive requested anonymity so as not to tip the network’s hand in negotiations.
    Sounds like a non-compete clause... probably 6 months.

The only problem with this claim by this source, is that broadcast non-compete clauses were banned in New York State last August. This includes all radio and TV broadcast contracts.

So he could very well come out with a shiny new deal with ABC next week. What could be a bigger problem -- and why they couldn't say anything -- is tortious interference. ABC could not pursue him while he was under contract with CNBC, but if Ratigan went after ABC - that would be possible. However, nothing could be signed and/or announced until after March 31st.

The non-compete claim in the article is wrong. Read here:

http://www.rwonline.com/article/65308

----------

03-29-2009, 05:20 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    You can't be for real.
    Of course he's being facetious. ABC isn't impressed with Brandon anymore than Microsoft is impressed with me.

By the way Brandon, remember to form your tie knot after you tighten it. When going with a half-bolan, either pull down the face gently or remember to re-form the knot if you do tighten it. Seeing a crooked knot makes you look like you rushed out of the house.

Just kidding, sort of.
    Last edited by Siriusly; 03-29-2009 at 05:32 AM.

Banned
    03-29-2009, 06:27 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    Of course he's being facetious. ABC isn't impressed with Brandon anymore than Microsoft is impressed with me.

By the way Brandon, remember to form your tie knot after you tighten it. When going with a half-bolan, either pull down the face gently or remember to re-form the knot if you do tighten it. Seeing a crooked knot makes you look like you rushed out of the house.

Just kidding, sort of.
    Someone actually thought I was serious? That's Hysterical! Someone is worried about my tie knot? That's scary!

Mentor
    03-29-2009, 12:43 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Sounds like a non-compete clause... probably 6 months.

The only problem with this claim by this source, is that broadcast non-compete clauses were banned in New York State last August. This includes all radio and TV broadcast contracts.

So he could very well come out with a shiny new deal with ABC next week. What could be a bigger problem -- and why they couldn't say anything -- is tortious interference. ABC could not pursue him while he was under contract with CNBC, but if Ratigan went after ABC - that would be possible. However, nothing could be signed and/or announced until after March 31st.

The non-compete claim in the article is wrong. Read here:

http://www.rwonline.com/article/65308

----------
    You know Homer, only you would catch that.

Enthusiast
    03-30-2009, 09:11 AM #7
    Someone actually thought I was serious? That's Hysterical! Someone is worried about my tie knot? That's scary!

Ya Know... A bit of polish on those shoes wouldn't hurt either!!!

Mentor
    03-30-2009, 09:32 AM #8
    Offering .31 cents. Id take it as a gift.

03-30-2009, 03:26 PM #9
    Someone is worried about my tie knot? That's scary!
    Not worried, just looking out for you so you don't look like a clown in New York. Every man needs to know how to tie a tie.