Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    Guru
    04-05-2009, 02:53 PM #41
    homer, as said before I agree. I believe this whole merger was an example of Mel being willing to walk away. My god just look at the concessions that came out of it, if you really looked at them there really isn't one that does not help SIRIXM in the end. Even what people would consider the worst of them (the price freeze), Mel if he could, would have kept prices as low as possible anyway. He knows full well there is just so much the MASSES are going to pay for radio. The proof is they did not raise their prices in 7 years (about 3 years since Mel).

Now I know I will get people saying well what about the 2 dollars for family plans? I'll stop you right now. Like I said there is only so much the masses are willing to pay that number is obviously 12.95 not 8.95 (6.99 +2). As to the BOB that is not the masses (with only 400,000 sign on so far, that should be obvious).

04-05-2009, 03:45 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I didn't say worked in. ?
    My mistake, but you did say this:

"What really disappoints me about these sat radio blogs is it seems that nobody has studied the history on how the media business works."

And this.......

"It really makes me scratch my head sometimes when I see guys blogging with no experience following media. Homer is in the business but I don't see many more around who have the background or experience following media companies and that surprises the hell out of me when it comes to sat radio blogs and boards."

I interpreted "background or experience" as being able to be attained through working in the Media business seeing that you related it to Homer being in the business....

Oh well tomorrow is Opening Day for the Red Sox and they will get rained out, but we will still not have a Deal for Sirius subs by then.... maybe by the All Star Game......

Addict
    04-05-2009, 05:47 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Oh well tomorrow is Opening Day for the Red Sox and they will get rained out, but we will still not have a Deal for Sirius subs by then.... maybe by the All Star Game......
    I will take by the All Star Game in a second just as long as it gets done. XM didn't get the NFL for a month after the season started and I don't hear any XM fans complaining right now.

I have hope that Sirius subs will put the pressure on MLB and Sirius starting this week.

Addict
    04-06-2009, 09:23 AM #44
    Examiner.com

You have to get the XM deal at this point because right now Sirius subscribers do not yet have access to the MLB games. We expect that they will get the games on the Sirius platform before the end of the year but for now best to get XM.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5053-Sport...ty-of-baseball

Page 5 of 5 ... 345