Page 3 of 5 12345
    Addict
    04-03-2009, 02:29 PM #21
    9 Games a Week???

Are they kidding? They expect people to sign up for Best of XM for a measly 9 games a week????? They can't be serious!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/XM-Rad...-14845021.html
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-03-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Banned
    04-03-2009, 05:51 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    9 Games a Week???

Are they kidding? They expect people to sign up for Best of XM for a measly 9 games a week????? They can't be serious!

9 games? I don't see it.

04-03-2009, 06:34 PM #23
    Looks like he is referring to the talk station schedule it has time slots for the games.

Addict
    04-03-2009, 06:42 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    9 games? I don't see it.
    MLB HomePlate available on Best of XM. 1 Game every weeknight. 2 games on Saturday 2 Games on Sunday. They better make a better deal by Monday or they will get nobody to sign up for Best of XM with this offering --

"MLB Home Plate offers both XM and SIRIUS listeners a true insider's look at the game," said Greenstein. "Our hosts provide the kind of perspective that can only be learned as a big league player, manager or front office executive. Listeners can hear compelling interviews with players and managers every day and fans can call in to talk about the topics that are on their minds."

MLB Home Plate Daily Schedule: (All times ET)

Weekdays

7 - 10 am: Baseball This Morning with Scott Graham and Buck Martinez
    10 am - 1 pm: Power Alley with Seth Everett, Jim Duquette and Billy Ripken
    1 - 4 pm: Inside Pitch with Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy
    3 - 6 pm: The Show with Jody McDonald and Rob Dibble
    6 - 7 pm: XM PreGame (Fantasy 411 6pm - 8pm Fridays with Mike Siano and Cory Schwartz)
    7 - 10 pm: Game (8p-11p Fridays after Fantasy 411)
    10 pm - 2am: MLB Live with Joe Castellano

Saturdays

8 - 10 am: Minors and Majors with Grant Paulsen
    10 am - 1 pm: Talking Baseball with Ed Randall
    1 pm - 4 pm: Game
    4 pm - 7 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Casey Stern
    7 pm - 10 pm: Game
    10 pm - 2 am: MLB Live Weekend with Lee Hamilton

Sundays

8 - 10 am: Minors and Majors with Grant Paulsen
    10 am - 1 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Holden Kushner
    1 pm - 4 pm: Game
    4 pm - 8 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Lee Hamilton
    8 pm - 11 pm: Game
    11 pm - 2 am: MLB Live Weekend with Joe Castellano

Guru
    04-04-2009, 06:40 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    9 Games a Week???

Just throwing this out there...How many games are on regular TV a week? How many games are on a basic cable package? Directv's Extra innings has 80 games a week for $200...

A true baseball fan can only listen to one game at a time and it sounds like the games could be the top billing game....and any fan that like his local team can usually hear the game on local radio and TV anyway.

I also feel like this is a plan to move people over to XM and have them sign up for best of sirius...IMO.

Guru
    04-04-2009, 06:49 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kingreecan View Post
    .... it creates a sense of urgency that the Sirius subs interested in MLB will suffer through until the time comes that the 'deal is done'. Once that is released, the SXM sub that wanted MLB will feel so happy that they can now listen to MLB through their subscription that there will be a higher capture rate of them purchasing the package. That's my Psy degree opinion (got an A in Psychology of the Masses/Groups in college!!!).
    I don't have a psy degree, but I pay attention to this sort of thing...I agree, short term pain = long term gain, Under promise/over deliver,

Who's mom came straight out and told you what you were getting for christmas...wasn't money always tight and you probably weren't getting that present you asked for? How exciting was it when you opened that gift and you actually got it! much more exciting i bet.

Addict
    04-04-2009, 07:49 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Just throwing this out there...How many games are on regular TV a week? How many games are on a basic cable package? Directv's Extra innings has 80 games a week for $200...

A true baseball fan can only listen to one game at a time and it sounds like the games could be the top billing game....and any fan that like his local team can usually hear the game on local radio and TV anyway.

I also feel like this is a plan to move people over to XM and have them sign up for best of sirius...IMO.
    If they don't come up with a better deal with MLB next week, Best of XM is basically a failure.

I am not signing up for Best of XM for 9 games a week and neither is anybody else. It's that simple. My only hope is that they have not specifically press released Sirius Baseball yet (this last release was very vague about MLB Home Plate games). Let's hope they are still negotiating.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-04-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Guru
    04-04-2009, 08:05 AM #28
    I thought it was really vague also. Just a thought, maybe they wanted to wait until the mlb iphone app came out and they could see some results from that before signing the deal with Sirius....

I do hope they get MLB on sirius as baseball is a great radio sport.

04-04-2009, 02:28 PM #29
    I've said it before, I'll say it again -- sports teams are hurting, due to the economy, especially the smaller/medium market teams. You add in the fact that when dealing with MLB (as I have pointed out in the past), you are not just dealing with the league, but the league and all 30 teams at the same time. This significantly complicates things.

Furthermore, MLB has already stated in a publicized article that they want XM to stick to the contract as it is -- no changes -- tells me that MLB is asking for too much more to add Sirius. And with Sirius looking to cut expenses -- not add to them -- I do not see any way for Sirius to add MLB games this year.

The fact is, Sirius and XM need MLB more than the other way around... I have seen PPM research first hand that supports this. And MLB knows this. They will not budge. Either Sirius pays up, or it's not going to happen. And I see no way that Sirius can afford it right now.

Opening day in 2 days... there will be no MLB on Sirius this year. I'm sticking to this claim.

-------

Addict
    04-04-2009, 04:21 PM #30
    Ryan just emailed me and got clarification from Sirius. Zero Games on Sirius! This is utterly unbelievable. In 20 years I can never recall Mel not getting a deal done.

Best of XM becomes the biggest flop of the merger! Terrible

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm...ost-empty.html

The only good thing from Ryan's post is that Sirius stated discussions are ongoing with MLB.

Mel not making a deal is absolutely beyond me. He has always made the deal. I am utterly shocked.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-04-2009 at 04:27 PM.