Page 3 of 36 1234513 ...
    Addict
    03-27-2009, 08:23 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    ...wearing my tighty whitey's instead of boxers to get the feel of the shorts in desperation...LOL....
    TMI Johnny...TMI.......LOL!
    Now, any women who would like to share.....but tell us slowly...very slowly...
    LOL!!!

have a good day!

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-27-2009, 08:26 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Today may be a buy day.

Johnson Controls To Close 10 Plants; Cuts Auto Outlook
    Last update: 3/27/2009 7:47:24 AM

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
    Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) announced its second broad-based restructuring in six months and again cut its expectations for North American and European auto production.
    The company, which is one of the world's largest makers of components for automobile interiors and a manufacturer of heating and air-conditioning systems, said Friday it will close 10 plants and eliminate an undisclosed amount of jobs. The effort will be focused in the auto-parts segment.
    The move, which Johnson Controls said is in response to auto production slumping to a 27-year low on an annualized basis.
    The company now sees North American auto production this year of 8.8 million units, down 500,000 from its December estimate, while it cut its European forecast another 12% to 14.3 million units.
    Chairman and Chief Executive Stephen Roell said Johnson Controls doesn't expect a near-term recovery in its markets, but he said the company intends to gain further market share while improving margins.
    The restructuring, 80% of which will be in the auto-parts business, will result in a roughly $200 million charge for the fiscal second quarter ending Tuesday. Despite the woes, Johnson Controls said the segment will still be profitable in the third and fourth quarters.
    Some cutbacks will also take place in Johnson Control's auto-battery business.
    As for the restructuring announced in September, the company said Friday it is ahead of schedule and nearly two-thirds complete. The effort will boost the bottom line starting in the fiscal third quarter and increase it by some 25 cents a share in the fiscal year starting Oct. 1.
    Housing and autos have been among the industries hurt most both during and before the recession, threatening Johnson Control's investment-grade credit ratings. The company earlier this month announced plans to sell $750 million of convertible notes and equity units to pay short-term debt.
    Shares closed Thursday at $12.90 and were inactive premarket. The stock has lost nearly two-thirds of its value over the past six months.
    -By Kevin Kingsbury, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-2136; kevin.kingsbury@dowjones.com
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    GM Is up in pre market

Mentor
    03-27-2009, 08:27 AM #23
    Im buying if it break .42. When days lows hit, might load up past core position for Monday. Further it falls today, more Ill buy. Depends. Lets see what happens.

03-27-2009, 08:31 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    GM Is up in pre market

That's because the Gov. might give GM another 30 days to present their restructuring plan......

Banned
    03-27-2009, 08:31 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Im buying if it break .42. When days lows hit, might load up past core position for Monday. Further it falls today, more Ill buy. Depends. Lets see what happens.
    It could still go either way at this point. On the positive side, there are a lot of nervous shorts out there at .37 and lower. The Obama auto bailout news should begin to trickle out, which may have a trickle down effect on siri.

On the negative side, auto sales for March are getting some negative press, which by my own admission may already be discounted. I'm going to eat, shower and get ready for the open.

03-27-2009, 08:33 AM #26
    It could still go either way at this point. On the positive side, there are a lot of nervous shorts out there at .37 and lower. The Obama auto bailout news should begin to trickle out, which may have a trickle down effect on siri.

On the negative side, auto sales for March are getting some negative press, which by my own admission may already be discounted. I'm going to eat, shower and get ready for the open.
    I see you grew some of your hair back

03-27-2009, 08:34 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    That's because the Gov. might give GM another 30 days to present their restructuring plan......
    OK That is nice picture.

Mentor
    03-27-2009, 08:35 AM #28

I really think everyone pretty much assumes their terrible. If they didnt, their dumb or naive. Large blocks up in premarket. Trying to start as low as possible on open maybe.

03-27-2009, 08:35 AM #29
    U.S. may give General Motors another 30 days to restructure
    8:03a ET March 27, 2009 (MarketWatch) NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- General Motors Corp. isn't likely to reach a government-set March 31 restructuring deadline in order to receive more taxpayer help, but President Barack Obama's auto-industry task force looks willing to extend the deadline by 30 days, according to a Friday story in the Wall Street Journal, citing people briefed on the matter. Shares of GM jumped 13% to $3.85 each in premarket trading. The newspaper said GM is facing a stalemate with its bondholders over receiving deeper concessions. Under terms of its government loans, GM is expected to cut its unsecured debt by two-thirds by offering a debt-for-equity exchange. The company is also having trouble restructuring employee benefit plans with its worker union.

03-27-2009, 08:59 AM #30
    my head hurts

Page 3 of 36 1234513 ...