Page 11 of 50 ... 91011121321 ...
    Addict
    03-26-2009, 11:54 AM #101
    Good morning everyone.
    So as I explained last night, I am a beta tester for the new E-Trade Mobile Pro application for iPhone. I also use TDAmeritrade’s iStockManager, and thus have an account with both brokerages. Here is the summary and comparison of the two iPhone applications:

Both apps are free to download.

Both apps offer real time price quotes including AH/Pre-Market quotes.
    The quotes offered include Last, Change, PE, Volume, Bid/Ask, and Daily Hi/Lo. E-Trade also displays 52W Hi/Lo, Market Cap, E/S, and Quote Trend. TDA displays Div. Yield

Level-II Quotes are only offered by the TDA app.

Both apps offer a chart of the days activity. TDA chart begins in PM trading and continues into AH. E-trade chart is only during normal trading hours, but it does auto rotate when you turn the iPhone for landscape view.

Both apps offer recent news article for the general markets and individual stocks. It appears that TDA offers new from more sources than E-Trade.

Both apps allow you to view a watchlist in real-time displaying info on Symbol, Last, and Change ($/%). Etrade also shows Volume in their watchlist.

Both apps allow you to trade Stocks and Options. Both allow AH/PM trading. I know that TDA allows you to trade to 0.0000. I’ve not traded yet on the E-Trade app, but I know the website does not allow trading past 0.00

Both apps allow you to view your portfolio and account holdings and balances.

E-Trade app has a tab to transfer money between etrade acct and associated bank accounts.

E-Trade app has a section for Account Alerts.

Both apps have market overviews for DOW, S&P 500, and NASDAQ. E-Trade also displays NYSE, AMEX, Russell 2000, S&P 100, DJ Trans, DJ Utilities, and 10-Year Note. All market overviews are in real time for both apps.

Both apps have Remember Acct ID so you don’t have to type it every time. TDA also has Auto-Password Log-In that you can turn on/off so that you don’t have to type your passcode either. (This can be dangerous if you lose your phone. Or you can just choose not to use the auto log-in.) Etrade forces you to type your passcode each time you open the app (can get annoying.) Etrade has an Auto-Time Out feature that logs you out of your acct; you can set for 5/15/30 minutes. TDA has a Vibrate on Transaction Execution feature.

Etrade has a Help section to walk you thru the basic functions of the app.

So there you have it. Please keep in mind that the E-Trade app is only in Beta form right now and is not available to the public via the AppStore yet. Thus when the official version is released there may be some changes to the functionality.

IMHO, I personally prefer the TDA app. It offers Level-II and trading to 0.0000. I feel that these two options are vital. There is also more news articles offered. And the charting into AH and PM is kinda cool. Although, being able to transfer money from bank acct to trading acct with the Etrade app is pretty cool too. Maybe TDA will add that in their next update. Let’s hope.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 11:56 AM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I have been saying this for a LONG time. I don't know if you know this or not guys, but from what I have been researching, THE BANKS ARE STILL MAKING MONEY!! It is all media spin. Remember how the media was saying that in Q3, Sirius lost 5.3 billion or what ever the number was? That figure was all hype. It is NUMBERS. In cash flow, Sirius had positive cash flow, and only lost like 300 million, but their VALUATION of XM had to be written down, which is nothing but a number that means absolutely nothing.

The banks are doing the same thing. They are writing down the VALUE of the loans outstanding, but that does not mean that any of those loans have lost money or defaulted. It just means that they are readjusting the VALUE of those loans (or the property/security behind the loans to be more specific).
    They are only making money because of an accounting trick. They still have most of their current loans valued at 100, .98, or .95 cents on the dollar. We all know its going to be more like .40-.60 cents on the dollar. Banks are around 40% more valued than they should be currently. If ANY bank tries to sell this stuff, it would be disasterous right now.
    It would be like me writing on my balance sheet SiriusXm stock is still worth 2.50.

Guru
    03-26-2009, 11:57 AM #103
    http://www.themarketguardian.com/200...-the-internet/

i dont see anything indicating brandon wrote this or anything about siriusbuzz,
    it also says by braunie ?

03-26-2009, 11:58 AM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    do you think it would be beneficial to transfer the account ($75 fee) or just sell off the shares and transfer the proceeds to the other account, cutting my loss down a bit for tax reporting, and just rebuy what i want to keep a position in
    Hi, Welcome to the boards. I am in a similar situation. My current position in SIRI is with ING who I have grown to hate. I opened an account with TD Ameriatrade but I don't have the cash to sell at ING and rebuy at TDA. I am not going to pay ING for me to leave. So I am building up my account at TDA and when feasable will make a gradual "change of base" It takes 6 days after I sell at ING for that cash to arrive at TDA. But it takes 30 days to transfer the shares.

03-26-2009, 11:58 AM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    The stock seems to be trading in a pattern. Open and trade higher in the morning before dropping down to daily lows, then come back in afternoon and close higher than the open, but lower than the daily high. If someone was a betting man, they could probably make some money if this trend held true a couple more days...
    newman

check your private message buddy

thanks...!!!

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 11:58 AM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I hate to say it guys and gals, but were boing boing bouncing of .37 like we did .40 and .38, im no expert but that doesn't sound good, unless your planning to buy low soon....again im no expert. Maybe someone here can explain
    Everytime you get complacent or lulled to sleep on low volume days... BOOM something is artificially or not generated and volume picks up dramatically. Maybe we head lower to lower .30s but after this lull we'll pick up steam again real soon. No news at all these days cept indirectly related to SIRI which has all been good. Hang tight. If you are trader days like this just suck but if you are long you can relax like any other day and stick to your plan

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:02 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    I am new to the board but have been reading the threads for a few months and never registered. I really appreciate all the knowledge i've obtained from watching day to day, the board is a true asset to me. I'm a n00b investor and bought my first share of stock July 1st, 2008, it just so happened to be SIRI (157 shares at $1.9), i bought again 460 shares at $1.63 later in the month, lol.......rode it down to the bottom then bought 3000 at .1488 earlier this month.....

My brokerage account was with USAA and i was unaware that the fees for purchasing increase .01 per share over 1000 shares so it is pretty pointless to make any purchases i plan on selling on the short term, especially large quantities with that account, i opened a zecco account which is only $4.50 a trade and have been buying there since, but i still have the 3000 shares in the other brokerage as well as some other stocks that i have gotten beaten up on.....i recently sold the first lot of SIRI i bought and now showing a $907 loss, do you think it would be beneficial to transfer the account ($75 fee) or just sell off the shares and transfer the proceeds to the other account, cutting my loss down a bit for tax reporting, and just rebuy what i want to keep a position in

my position in siri now is 3829 shares at .19......so i am technically still in the red, but the green is more psychologically soothing on my portfolio tracking lol
    Hey Exile,
    Welcome to the board. I used to use USAA brokerage service too, but once I started accumulating more and more SIRI shares on the way down I saw the huge fees and ended up transferring to TD Ameritrade - there was NO cost and it took about two weeks. Definitely worth it. TDA is so much better. USAA is a great insurance company and bank - but when it comes to brokerage services... not so much.

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:03 PM #108
    You are right, Siri is very risky, but beeing conservative about loans/debt doesn't mean I can't make risky investments. It is a culture thing, where I come from you are supposed to have at least 3 to 6 month income in your savings account for a rainy day. Welfare , health care etc. is big.
    Btw, I still believe my investments are conservative, 75 % Real Estate and only 25 % in stocks and even that is 1/3 in cash/puts at this moment.
    But I appreciate the discussion, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    I find it very interesting choir girl that you are so conservative about loans and paying bills on time yet you are one of the most heavily invested into a VERY risky stock like SIRI... very fascinating how you reconcile your admirable conservative financial day to day with your very risky stock market plays... i mean i hope we all win out in the long term but it's a huge risk to trade siri short term

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:03 PM #109
    done and done. Check your email buddy!

03-26-2009, 12:05 PM #110
    .37 is the new .40, no volume today.

Page 11 of 50 ... 91011121321 ...