Page 50 of 50 ... 40484950
    Banned
    03-27-2009, 07:02 AM #491
    Are we using this thread today?

03-27-2009, 07:41 AM #492
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Are we using this thread today?
    Start a new one, Brandon. It's been working great to have them broken up.

Enthusiast
    03-27-2009, 07:56 AM #493
    Any prediction for today?

03-27-2009, 08:21 AM #494
    Did anyone else see that .111 cent trade that happened in Pre-market?

Guru
    03-27-2009, 08:31 AM #495
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Killer, shotsii...

Good calls and the voices of sanity! What's next here? dancing and drinking around a golden calf (I mean dog? LOL)...I just get back and flip through some posts and all I see is people going "look at me..I called this and that"... Who cares, I say. Humble is still a pretty good word.. LOL When people start tooting their own horn...just gets a little uncomfortable...I can appreciate relmor cause he doesn't say look at me..he just gives his opinion....and 888's, perfect reality checks my man. As usual you're a voice of reason with Killer and a few others...

Anyone who knows the SIRI story knows the SP is still currently in correction mode. IMHO, until it's done, your charts are here nor there. What? The SP is going up? I think we know that don't we? Unless you're swing trading this pig religiously for smaller profits, predicting it will generally trend up (until it finds it's new true range supported by a new equalibrium of buying and selling) is the same as predicting the sun will rise tomorrow...good call!! Will it pull back from time to time..yep. But until it gets back to where the market will now support it...no macro calls necessary (at least for me). Don't forget, as the SP keeps holding this .30's level, it's attracting more and more interest from bigger money. Who will continue to act. Look at the MSM giving up on the negativity. This steamer is taking its perfect time turning around. Let it breathe a little rather than smothering it...just an idea...

sl62, As I said before I dont have a problem with them making calls. I dont even have a problem if someone makes a clear concise call and is then proven to be right saying "I told you so". God and everyone else knows I have done it myself. The thing is though you better be clear on what you said and be pretty dam close to being spot on. I am when I do it and that is what I would think anyone else should be. For instance when I said what Tate was going to get for her vote was pretty dam close to what she did get and I said "I told you so". The flip side to that is when I had the thread "JUST AN OPINION", while there were many things that were proven to be correct there still was one or maybe 2 things that I got wrong. Like the amount of FCF while there was some it was not even close to what I thought, so you did not have me saying "I told you so". The fact is that one thing was enough for me to keep my mouth shut. I also would not have said a word about Brandons "I told you it would happen" if he had only said that SIRIXM would get up to .38 or .39 by the end of the day. As we know though he left himself more then a few outs to that prediction. Ergo the prediction is meaningless and does not deserve a "I told you so".

Guru
    03-27-2009, 08:46 AM #496
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    You're right Killer. They are senior members, and very respected by many on this site also. I think there were many other newbies getting in on it too tho. And if the senior members are going to conduct themselves this way, you cant expect the new guys who've recently come here from Yahoo to know that it is not the status quo and will not normally be tolerated.
    On one hand I completely agree with you to pardon their actions. On the other, BECAUSE they are senior members, they should be the ones most conscious of their actions here. I dont know which is side applies in this specific instance.
    All I know is that I feel strongly that this is one of the best stock forums on the net. But the only reason that is the case is because we all respect eachother. If that breaks down, the forum will head downhill fast and none of us want that.

I guess I was just a little emotional because I felt my beloved SIRI forum was breaking down and I was trying to save it. Plus we did just have a kick ass day and I wanted to read posts of celebration and encouragement.

The battle is not over and we're going to need eachother in the future. As one of our commanders you should know that better than anyone. :-)

ShotsII, are you kidding me, we have whole threads with mainly arguments on them. Just trust me on this one, I know. I think the arguements add spice to the forums. They are also very informative. I am sure if you read through them you learned something.

03-27-2009, 08:47 AM #497
    Long time reader of the forum. All of you have helped me become a better trader over the last few months... so THANK YOU to all. I had a question for Mogami... he mentioned HAYZ and CNR yesterday using tools from TD Ameritrade... just wondering where he found the target price for those two stocks because they were dead on... I was TDA but never saw that feature... anyone have a clue?

03-27-2009, 09:00 AM #498
    Quote Originally Posted by chez41 View Post
    Long time reader of the forum. All of you have helped me become a better trader over the last few months... so THANK YOU to all. I had a question for Mogami... he mentioned HAYZ and CNR yesterday using tools from TD Ameritrade... just wondering where he found the target price for those two stocks because they were dead on... I was TDA but never saw that feature... anyone have a clue?
    Hi, I set them myself

Page 50 of 50 ... 40484950