Page 8 of 50 ... 67891018 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 10:37 AM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    WOW I looked into my bowl of Cheerios and all they told me was "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

com' on... You did not see any "C" "(" ")" or "U" in there at all?
    Last edited by bababoooie; 03-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 10:40 AM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by bababoooie View Post
    'com on... You did not see any "C" "(" ")" or "U" in there at all?
    Must be really good packaging. No broken cheerios!

Addict
    03-26-2009, 10:41 AM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaz View Post
    Once credit frees-up, the rest of the dominoes fall into line for Sirius, and everyone else. Congress needs to give the banks a little encouragement, not threats of execution.....
    Banks getting bail out $ and hording it. That's part of the problem. Relief from the toxic assets on their balance sheets (subprime junk) will help if it ever happens. Geithner announced his plan for this the other day. Problem is, Congress was talking about that with the first TARP money at end of Q4 and dumped billions into banks but didn't attach strings to force lending nor did they do anything about the toxic asset issue. Congress sucks.

SIRI will soar as economy thaws.....coming soon...I hope.

03-26-2009, 10:47 AM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiser34 View Post
    Anyone else thinking of buying today? Best case scenario we looking at .33 or do you feel a retrace to the high .20's is possible?
    Im hoping it goes up, not down. But thats just me.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 10:47 AM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Banks getting bail out $ and hording it. That's part of the problem. Relief from the toxic assets on their balance sheets (subprime junk) will help if it ever happens. Geithner announced his plan for this the other day. Problem is, Congress was talking about that with the first TARP money at end of Q4 and dumped billions into banks but didn't attach strings to force lending nor did they do anything about the toxic asset issue. Congress sucks.

SIRI will soar as economy thaws.....coming soon...I hope.
    Maybe, but who can take on more debt? Available credit isnt the problem, is available parties that can take on more credit thats the problem. Banks problem is they need exisitngloans to be paid, while generating new loans all the time. You do the math. Not saying its hopeless, just going to be a hard hill to climb this time around.

03-26-2009, 10:48 AM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaz View Post
    Agreed on everything but I worry about the availability of auto loans. I hear horror stories every day about people with great credit scores being turned down for loans of all sorts. Once credit frees-up, the rest of the dominoes fall into line for Sirius, and everyone else. Congress needs to give the banks a little encouragement, not threats of execution.....
    I dunno, Bana, I just bought a car yesterday, and they could not wait to give me a loan. Though I must say that the credit numbers here are excellent. I don't know for borderline people.

03-26-2009, 10:50 AM #77
    Hi, Banks are going to post profits in 1st Qtr 2009. Those reports should be out in less then 2 weeks

Addict
    03-26-2009, 10:50 AM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocunddus View Post
    I dunno, Bana, I just bought a car yesterday, and they could not wait to give me a loan. Though I must say that the credit numbers here are excellent. I don't know for borderline people.
    congrats on your new purchase...what was your salespersons view and knowledge of satrad?

Addict
    03-26-2009, 10:54 AM #79
    Yeah, me too. Wife and I each bought a new car in January and had no prob getting auto loans. We have decent credit, but not 800 FICO scores. So, not sure what the deal is....am no expert on credit markets...but common sense telling me banks just limiting risk and not lending to people on the margins anymore (and slammed door shut on the deadbeat crowd). Once they dump off their toxic assets, appetite for risk will improve, but probably won't touch those with bankruptcies, charge offs for quite some time.

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 10:58 AM #80
    Good morning everybody,
    I just would like to add, getting a car loan isn't the problem, the problem is most people are considered a risk and are supposed to pay 12%,15% or even 20 % interest. Most dealers around here are making a lot of money on the financing, they don't care much about cars.

Page 8 of 50 ... 67891018 ...