Page 12 of 50 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:06 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, Welcome to the boards. I am in a similar situation. My current position in SIRI is with ING who I have grown to hate. I opened an account with TD Ameriatrade but I don't have the cash to sell at ING and rebuy at TDA. I am not going to pay ING for me to leave. So I am building up my account at TDA and when feasable will make a gradual "change of base" It takes 6 days after I sell at ING for that cash to arrive at TDA. But it takes 30 days to transfer the shares.
    exactly, and i don't want to miss a huge run up by waiting 30 days for the transfer......i don't have the extra cash to buy either......if i wait it out too long the 3000 shares i have left in there may be worth more than the loss, which would be nice to show on the taxes....but if i sell and transfer....6 days may prove to be the exact time frame for the next run up (with my luck).....don't want to miss that on my core position either, lol decisions
    my other stocks which i am down an avg of 50% are:
    CIT (-60%)
    GE (-43%)
    HYGS (-81%)
    NVDA (-23%)
    TIE (-55%)

yay for buying at the wrong time haha

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-26-2009, 12:07 PM #112

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I hate to say it guys and gals, but were boing boing bouncing of .37 like we did .40 and .38, im no expert but that doesn't sound good, unless your planning to buy low soon....again im no expert. Maybe someone here can explain
    Could go either way - but right now there's a tug of war between both sides of the bid.... it just depends on who wins out.... either way - we'll break out at some point....

If you look back at the overall chart going way back to November-ish... you will see the exact diametric opposite of the chart pattern we see now as we go higher... I'm not saying it is proof positive we are going up - but it provides me a strong indication we will see the same resistance going up as we did down (demian correct me if I misstate any of this).

We've know for a bit there would be resistance at this level. That is not new. If we mirror the resistance up - we can expect it to level out sideways - until we hit the point one side of the equation weakens - then we should break out..

Relmor's charts yesterday's thread - will tell you alot. If you get a chance - head back to that thread and click the link / pull the chart up. This is likely just a head fake.... right before we bust the door down at .40 and see the shorts scramble...

As with all things - I must throw in a disclaimer - SIRI is impossibly hard to predict - this is simply my opinion on the matter - use your own judgement to decide your COA.

03-26-2009, 12:09 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    They are only making money because of an accounting trick. They still have most of their current loans valued at 100, .98, or .95 cents on the dollar. We all know its going to be more like .40-.60 cents on the dollar. Banks are around 40% more valued than they should be currently. If ANY bank tries to sell this stuff, it would be disasterous right now.
    It would be like me writing on my balance sheet SiriusXm stock is still worth 2.50.
    The loans aren't worth anything because nobody's buying, however 90+% of borrowers will make their payments. So how are they worth nothing ?

Addict
    03-26-2009, 12:10 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
    .37 is the new .40, no volume today.
    you may not want the volume.... if the volume drops... based on relmor's charting.... we should break out one way or the other....

Don't put too much faith in any one sign being an indicator of up/down... SIRI will fool you in a heartbeat.... feel free to sell... like many others have - just to see the SP climb.....

and it can work vice versa...

Be patient

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:11 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    Hey Exile,
    Welcome to the board. I used to use USAA brokerage service too, but once I started accumulating more and more SIRI shares on the way down I saw the huge fees and ended up transferring to TD Ameritrade - there was NO cost and it took about two weeks. Definitely worth it. TDA is so much better. USAA is a great insurance company and bank - but when it comes to brokerage services... not so much.
    yea i have everything except my mortgage with them, including a ROTH and IRRA........

when i called them and asked about transferring they said it was $50-$75 as i recall. Maybe you used a different method to transfer the securities over? did u fill out the transfer paperwork with usaa or TDA?

Addict
    03-26-2009, 12:12 PM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, Welcome to the boards. I am in a similar situation. My current position in SIRI is with ING who I have grown to hate. I opened an account with TD Ameriatrade but I don't have the cash to sell at ING and rebuy at TDA. I am not going to pay ING for me to leave. So I am building up my account at TDA and when feasable will make a gradual "change of base" It takes 6 days after I sell at ING for that cash to arrive at TDA. But it takes 30 days to transfer the shares.
    I think the overall consensus on the board is that ING is just not resourced enough to work well when trading a stock like SIRI... too many horror stories... I have not regretted one single day since I started using TDA instead.

Now if I could just pull my old portfolios over from Wells and Sharebuilder (still in transit).....

03-26-2009, 12:13 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    you may not want the volume.... if the volume drops... based on relmor's charting.... we should break out one way or the other....

Don't put too much faith in any one sign being an indicator of up/down... SIRI will fool you in a heartbeat.... feel free to sell... like many others have - just to see the SP climb.....

and it can work vice versa...

Be patient
    I expect, like almost everyday lately, a nice little run up in the last 30 minutes.

03-26-2009, 12:18 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Ams6................ here's wishing you the very best of luck on your job prospects, your family and your trades. We'll be runnin for ya buddy. Your friends , ................... the Dog and I. ...killer.
    killer,

No fear...not with folks like you and the other regulars on my side! Thank you from the heart on the well wishes!

Andy

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:24 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    yea i have everything except my mortgage with them, including a ROTH and IRRA........

when i called them and asked about transferring they said it was $50-$75 as i recall. Maybe you used a different method to transfer the securities over? did u fill out the transfer paperwork with usaa or TDA?
    I filled it out with TDA. And come to think of it there may have been a transfer fee from USAA... but it was justifiable in that there was no way I would be able to sell my tens of thousands of SIRI shares without paying hundreds of dollars in commissions.
    One consideration for not transferring you may want to keep in mind... if/when there is a reverse split, and I think there will be later this year, you will likely have less than 1000 shares and so the fees won't be as punitive.

Addict
    03-26-2009, 12:25 PM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
    I expect, like almost everyday lately, a nice little run up in the last 30 minutes.
    I'm liking the sideways motion... means we're consolidating prior to another jump.... I think it will be a good jump.... GREEN....(fingers crossed)

This is like watching clash of the titans.... my liquidity meter in TDA is balanced evenly... not really up or down.... but I am showing indications of upward pull from my Depth chart... unless I'm hallucinating.... maybe it's building up for an afternoon rise like davis was saying...
    Last edited by Paratrooper_Rick; 03-26-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Page 12 of 50 ... 2101112131422 ...