Page 13 of 50 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:27 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    One consideration for not transferring you may want to keep in mind... if/when there is a reverse split, and I think there will be later this year, you will likely have less than 1000 shares and so the fees won't be as punitive.
    this is true, although i still have the other stocks.....which will probably not break even for awhile....maybe i should just sell those and transfer the funds and rebuy so i can claim an enormous loss.......or just use the funds to buy more siri lol

03-26-2009, 12:28 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    I filled it out with TDA. And come to think of it there may have been a transfer fee from USAA... but it was justifiable in that there was no way I would be able to sell my tens of thousands of SIRI shares without paying hundreds of dollars in commissions.
    One consideration for not transferring you may want to keep in mind... if/when there is a reverse split, and I think there will be later this year, you will likely have less than 1000 shares and so the fees won't be as punitive.
    Hi, TDA does not charge a fee to transfer to them However the other firm may charge you to leave. (I don't want to pay them for me to leave)

I may have to hold my day trades till tomorrow or next week. Like SIRI they are stalled just a little too low for me to sell. (I'm not looking to sell SIRI just mean the SP is presently not moving)
    Last edited by mogami; 03-26-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Banned
    03-26-2009, 12:30 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    I'm liking the sideways motion... means we're consolidating prior to another jump.... I think it will be a good jump.... GREEN....(fingers crossed)
    They have a boatload of .36 bids to fill before we go up.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:34 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    They are only making money because of an accounting trick. They still have most of their current loans valued at 100, .98, or .95 cents on the dollar. We all know its going to be more like .40-.60 cents on the dollar. Banks are around 40% more valued than they should be currently. If ANY bank tries to sell this stuff, it would be disasterous right now.
    It would be like me writing on my balance sheet SiriusXm stock is still worth 2.50.
    No no no. You are completely wrong and in fact, have it backwards.

We will use another analogy. It is like you own Sirius XM debt. Back a month or so ago, it was valued at 10-20 cents on the dollar, yet Sirius is still making it's payments. Your earnings show a "value" of 10 cents on the dollar, but Sirius has not defaulted yet and probably never wil. You will make all of your money back and more, yet your "value" of that is 10 cents on the dollar.

These banks are still getting paid on almost EVERY SINGLE PENNY of debt they own, yet they are cutting their book value based on what they could sell it for today.

Pure number terms: You bought your house for 500k dollars. Your loan is for 500k dollars. The house, as of today, is only worth 300k dollars. Did they change the terms of your loan? Of course not. You still owe 500k, but in their earnings, they are writing down 200k in value. There is a 95% chance that you will continue to make every single payment and fully pay off that 500k. But when they report earnings, they announce that they lost 200k on your loan. They have not "lost" a penny, except on paper. Multiply that by 1 million lenders, and all of a sudden you have a 2 billion dollar "loss" for the quarter. Nothing but paper.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-26-2009, 12:34 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Glad you're out there - was hoping you were lurking....

I am glad I upped the anty to LVL 2 access in my TDA account... it's taking a little time to get used to having so much info.

now I understand why my quotescope wasn't working for SIRI before - since it was nasdaq stock - only non-nasdaq was working before my upgrade...

I think we'll have a good EOD rise.... I can feel it.... now if I can just will it to happen...

03-26-2009, 12:35 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    maybe I should get on that boat

03-26-2009, 12:36 PM #127
    Folks looking for a short term buy might want to look over HSWI. At this moment it is at .164 thats .0201 off yesterdays close and .016 below todays open. Todays open was .0047 below yesterdays close.
    It's a funny stock. Company has COH for 2 years and no debt. But low revenue. Have to see 1st Qtr results for long term commitment.

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:36 PM #128

Apple's price increase

Apple is going to raise the price for downloads by 30% , starting april.
    In my humble opinion this should be good news for Sirius.

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 12:36 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    this is true, although i still have the other stocks.....which will probably not break even for awhile....maybe i should just sell those and transfer the funds and rebuy so i can claim an enormous loss.......or just use the funds to buy more siri lol
    If you sell for a loss remember you have to wait thirty days to buy back or it's a wash sale and you can't claim a capital loss.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:37 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymr View Post
    The loans aren't worth anything because nobody's buying, however 90+% of borrowers will make their payments. So how are they worth nothing ?
    Where did I say there were worth nothing? Banks are assuming basically all or most current loans will be paid to fruition. Isnt that a tad optomistic? If they took this debt to market, they would find out whats its really worth.

Page 13 of 50 ... 3111213141523 ...