Page 9 of 33 ... 789101119 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 10:41 AM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Very good informational post, I agree. Market rally fads into 8000, reverse to 6400 likely. If we take out 8000, it better be soon, and with authority. Two counts on the table. Sorry folks, your not going to like this. Were up to 10000 or so, then down to sub 6400, or we go there now. Either way we go there. Why? Because nothing changed. Correct!!! Only inflationary headwinds getting stronger every time they try to reinflate. Gold will make new highs this month or in April.
    Another great post! Good to see you guys keeping things REAL!

Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 10:43 AM #82
    And to tag with Big Ben and Relmor. When the short interest numbers came out, the overall short to the markets went up another 1% of total market. Bear Trap indeed.

03-25-2009, 10:46 AM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post

Week hands selling here and I will not be part of it.
    I agree which is why im kicking myself in the ass for selling yesterday.

Addict
    03-25-2009, 10:48 AM #84
    Alot of traders got burnt in the .38 - .43 range on that ridiculous drop over a week ago. I believe time will show that .38 will be the downside resistence once we pop over .50 cents. It's likely a big mistake to sell here and lose the upside coming.

I wouldn't fight Mel's cost cutting and the fact that they are finally going into the 2nd quarter, where all the bullshit is behind them.

Week hands selling here and I will not be part of it.
    GONNA HOLD ON..thanks for your opinion..to risky to try and gain more shares and lose out on future gains.

Addict
    03-25-2009, 10:48 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Great Post!
    Sirius doesn't necessarily follow the overall maket. It may go up while overall market gets hammerred in April.

03-25-2009, 10:50 AM #86

Oink, Oink..

Just sold my block of 5000 that I purchased at .2311 for .3801.....Thanks for the advice! We'll see what happens. A penny either way is only $50, so I am comfortable with that...Now I can get back to real work.

03-25-2009, 10:51 AM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    This economy is in rough shape. If you have profits, take them. The MSM wants you to believe things have changed. Nothing has changed! Housing will take two years or more to recover. The stock market will test its lows again. The media is reaching for anything positive. Nothing has changed except market psychology. I sold 10k of siri today .38 leaving me with a 3/5 position, and if we break through .4 today sell 10k more. We will get slammed again and be able to buy in at the .29 range.

I run a Mortgage Servicing company and my business is slammed. Grass cut season starts in April and my boss told me get ready! I cover about 10 counties in SC along the coast and the amount of inventory (condos=12k, single family homes) is staggering. It was only a few months ago we were talking depression, now its all better! Don't believe the hype.
    Ben,

I agree that it is going to take time for housing to fully recover but it is underway now. Pay close attention to what is happening in California and Florida. Florida has posted 6 straight months of year-to-year increases in sales. Existing homes in February 09 are up 16.7% over January 09. Condos sold in Feb 09 are up 25.1% over Jan 09. I beleive that as housing recovers so will other market sectors. Is it all up from here? Of course not. MSM needs to paint a rosy picture so that institutions can take your money as your confidence builds. After the retail investors are beat down and MSM is again painting the gloom and doom picture the institutions will swoop back in and buy low again. Same game a lot of people reading here are playing. The advantage that we have over a lot of other retail investors is that we KNOW when MSM is saying one thing that we need to start looking hard in the other direction.

As far as my Siri shares are concerned I'm not pulling the first trigger until .42. Hopefully that will happen before 1st Q info. From there I'll wait to see what the 1st Q info is and how the market responds. If it goes up I'll start planning my next sell. If it goes down I'll start looking for my new buy in point. If it drops back into the 20's before reaching .42 I'll just keep drinking Patron until someone gives up my damn money.

Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 10:52 AM #88
    I have been working the phone banks very hard the last three days. This is what I can share with you, but I have to be careful how I relay what I have found out. Please don't ask me where I got this info because the answer will be no.

There are three exchanges under investigation for stock manipulation. One of the three are under investigation for "criminal" stock manipulation.

SiriusXM will not be selling itself. Once credit eases and vehicles are bought SiriusXM will become, as many have said, a cash cow. Over the next 5 years, SiriusXM will be a "acquirer" of companies. With a long term plan of owning Clear Channel. Pay back is a bitch.

Mentor
    03-25-2009, 10:54 AM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    I have been working the phone banks very hard the last three days. This is what I can share with you, but I have to be careful how I relay what I have found out. Please don't ask me where I got this info because the answer will be no.

There are three exchanges under investigation for stock manipulation. One of the three are under investigation for "criminal" stock manipulation.

SiriusXM will not be selling itself. Once credit eases and vehicles are bought SiriusXM will become, as many have said, a cash cow. Over the next 5 years, SiriusXM will be a "acquirer" of companies. With a long term plan of owning Clear Channel. Pay back is a bitch.
    Are you trustworthy? Shall we give this post a tumbs up or down? I want to believe every word!!!!
    Just dont think the FCC would ever allow Sirius to own a terrestrial chunk. Why clear channel would never be allowed to buy Sirius.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-25-2009, 10:56 AM #90
    Sirius doesn't necessarily follow the overall maket. It may go up while overall market gets hammerred in April.
    Sirius doesn't follow anything, especially common sense...... lol

Page 9 of 33 ... 789101119 ...