Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    03-26-2009, 09:43 AM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    whos prediciting a 100mm subs, you dont think sirius will ever be allowed to compete for local advertising i think they will, you dont think they will ever hjave a free service with commercials, i do. The fcc will change its retarded rules, watch and learn. You are looking at it through your nothing ever changes glasses, things change, the fcc will change, american will change, and yoyu keep saying terrestrial isnt going anywhere, who is saying its going anywhere? I consider am radio pretty much dead but yea peopkle listen to that still. it will be the same with fm, homer you seem to think retardedass regulation thats been written bye a nutty ass form of the fcc is going to last forever, it wont.
    No, they will never be able to compete for local advertising. If they do, it will be the complete death of terrestrial radio -- and the FCC will never allow it to happen. Not as long as there is a large segment of the population that still uses it.

What you see as "retarded", are safeguards built to keep an industry from failing. If you think that Congress will remove these safeguards, thereby allowing a mulit-billion dollar industry to fail, then so be it... I disagree greatly.

P.S. - I know you don't think anyone listens to AM radio -- but you should know that typically 5 of the top 10 billing radio stations in the country are AM radio stations. Not only that, but the AM news/talk station in my town is typically in the top 3 in each book -- and often #1... but I guess no one listens to it.

---------

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:45 AM #52
    im sure there are peple who listen to it, but they are getting older every day, put your money where ur mouth is, 1000 bucks by 2030 sirius has local advertising

03-26-2009, 09:50 AM #53
    i dont know anybody who relies on terrestrial broadcasts. nobody i know who has terresatrial radio EVEER has their radio actually on, NO ONE LISTENS TOO IT. ph yea they can say they have 250mm listeners but thats just potential not people listening all at once,
    Umm, this is wrong. This is actual listening -- with measurements NOT conducted by the radio industry.

http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/N...ase&Cache=True

P.S. - 2030? You're kidding right? LOL... You really want to make media predictions 21-years into the future? Do you think that that is wise? Whatever dude... LOL...

---------

03-26-2009, 09:50 AM #54
    im sure there are peple who listen to it, but they are getting older every day, put your money where ur mouth is, 1000 bucks by 2030 sirius has local advertising
    Grow up...

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 10:38 AM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985
    No, they will never be able to compete for local advertising. If they do, it will be the complete death of terrestrial radio -- and the FCC will never allow it to happen. Not as long as there is a large segment of the population that still uses it.
    Homer: Theoretically, in order to compete for local broadcasting, they would have to have a terrestrial repeater network in that area in order to broadcast those local ads, would they not?

As of right now, Sirius XM does not have repeaters in many areas at all, only the larger metropolitan type areas. This would potentially leave a LOT of uncovered area for terrestrial radio.

Another thing is that even when you have 80% watching TV on Sat or Cable, you still have 20% watching with Rabbit ears. Do you think that this would not be the case with SatRad? 80% satrad, but still have 20% listening to free terrestrial? There would simply be less money for local terrestrial stations, meaning fewer stations, but there would still be stations with free broadcasts.
    just mho.

Guru
    03-26-2009, 10:42 AM #56
    grow up? okay. Ill try but im limited by time and space and all that.

Page 6 of 6 ... 456