Page 37 of 37 ... 27353637
    Enthusiast
    03-24-2009, 10:43 PM #361
    I wonder how the marriage with Malone is going??

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:47 PM #362
    Quote Originally Posted by bababoooie View Post
    I wonder how the marriage with Malone is going??
    O Its going great....can't you tell...We are still on the honeymoon!

03-24-2009, 10:59 PM #363
    Quote Originally Posted by wcorowitz View Post
    I got into this stock because of Cramer as well.---It's the only way that I can make all of my money back from all those bad investments (Ford, Thornburg mortgage, Apple after reporting earnings,etc.)
    I can't say it was Cramer , but I can say it was this stock that has got me out of the hole . Had some money invested in other companys like GM,Ford , etc. earlier this year and pretty much was getting taken to the cleaners. When I became interested in Siri I have temporarily broken the golden rule and cashed out of my other investments and went " all in " on this one . I have nearly doubled my investment here ( 83k @ .19 ) and have recovered all my losses from my other stocks. Funny how this .20 stock I bought has been my savior . So let Cramer say this equity is worthless , and the media keep bashin and I will keep adding $830 to my account for every penny it goes up . Fortunately I found this forum with more intelligent people here and have listened to their advice instead of Cramer or the media and have recovered all my losses plus some. I will continue to be here for the ride up to.Thanks again guys and girls for all the good advice .

Mentor
    03-24-2009, 11:51 PM #364
    Short interest

Anyone notice that DirectTV is now in the top 5 stocks with increased short activity?

Why short a stock that has increasing subscribers and a new found relationship with a subscriber based platform that happens to be a monopoly?

Oh yah, it's SiriusXM!!!

Mentor
    03-25-2009, 12:24 AM #365
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I can't say it was Cramer , but I can say it was this stock that has got me out of the hole . Had some money invested in other companys like GM,Ford , etc. earlier this year and pretty much was getting taken to the cleaners. When I became interested in Siri I have temporarily broken the golden rule and cashed out of my other investments and went " all in " on this one . I have nearly doubled my investment here ( 83k @ .19 ) and have recovered all my losses from my other stocks. Funny how this .20 stock I bought has been my savior . So let Cramer say this equity is worthless , and the media keep bashin and I will keep adding $830 to my account for every penny it goes up . Fortunately I found this forum with more intelligent people here and have listened to their advice instead of Cramer or the media and have recovered all my losses plus some. I will continue to be here for the ride up to.Thanks again guys and girls for all the good advice .
    Glad to hear you were able to make some money back. Listening to the media will get your nowhere, fast. If you find a good forum, trust me its rare.

Mentor
    03-25-2009, 12:26 AM #366
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Short interest

Anyone notice that DirectTV is now in the top 5 stocks with increased short activity?

Why short a stock that has increasing subscribers and a new found relationship with a subscriber based platform that happens to be a monopoly?

Oh yah, it's SiriusXM!!!
    I found that eyepopping. Came out of left field. I will now begin my conspiracy theories on why this is....
    Kidding. No clue whats up with that. Unless they feel just being associated with SIrius is enough to take them down. Or they are going to short the stock until a package deal or something else is announced, that will be huge. You short the stock, while your actually buying it too at lower prices, way before the news hits. Someone knows something!!

Addict
    03-25-2009, 12:36 AM #367
    [QUOTE=just sirius;23662]Short interest

trading range for DTV last 12 months...

52wk Range: 17.70 - 29.10 closed today at 22.90
    Volume: 8,465,858
    Avg Vol (3m): 10,439,900
    Market Cap: 23.30B
    P/E (ttm): 16.78
    EPS (ttm): 1.37
    Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

Addict
    03-25-2009, 12:48 AM #368
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I found that eyepopping. Came out of left field. I will now begin my conspiracy theories on why this is....
    Kidding. No clue whats up with that. Unless they feel just being associated with SIrius is enough to take them down. Or they are going to short the stock until a package deal or something else is announced, that will be huge. You short the stock, while your actually buying it too at lower prices, way before the news hits. Someone knows something!!
    Hey Relmor, noticed you were holding DRYS. What are your thoughts on buying now for short term gain?

Mentor
    03-25-2009, 02:05 AM #369
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Hey Relmor, noticed you were holding DRYS. What are your thoughts on buying now for short term gain?
    Id wait till there results first now. I was in a lot lower. Ive shaved since, and have scaled back my risk to a bad quarter. But if its a good quarter, this stock is going higher.

Page 37 of 37 ... 27353637