Page 1 of 37 12311 ...
    Mentor
    03-24-2009, 03:02 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Tuesday March 24th

Damn, even with a daily format, you people are posting way too much. =P

Banned
    03-24-2009, 06:57 AM #2
    Anyone know the latest OEM install rates?

I think Hyundai and Kia are now at 100% but what about the others?

Enthusiast
    03-24-2009, 07:11 AM #3
    November 18,2008
    Ms. Marlene H. Dortch

Secretary

Federal Communications Commission
    445 Twelfth Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20554

Re: Written Ex Parte Presentation in IE Docket No. 95-91 and WT Docket No. 07-293.

Dear Ms. Dortch:

Satellite radio is extremely popular with automobile buyers. Currently, almost 70% of our new vehicles ship with a satellite radio installed, one of Ford's highest option take rates. The number of customers re-subscribing to the service (after the initial 6 month
    subscription expires) is currently at 46% and steadily increasing. Our customers enjoy the variety of programming as well as the mgh-quality audio that satellite radio offers.

The FCC's proceeding to modify the technical specifications for the 2.3 GHz Wireless Communications Service ("WCS") is important to us and other automakers. Operating on frequencies immediately adjacent to millions of satellite radios, WCS devices are a potential source of interference to in-vemcle reception. Our consumer research indicates that satellite radio reception quality contributes greatly to the overall SDARS customer
    satisfaction rating.

We would like to ask the commission to please consider these factors
    as part of your decision making process.
    Sincerely,
    ~~~
    Douglas R. VanDagens
    Director Connected Services
    Ford Motor Company
    cc: The Honorable Kevin J. Martin
    The Honorable Michael J. Copps
    The Honorable Jonathan S. Adelstein
    The Honorable Deborah Taylor Tate
    The Honorable Robert M. McDowell
    Mr. Julius Knapp
    Mr. Jim Schlichting
    this information is from fcc docket number 07-273

jag also says all 2010 models will have satrad

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-24-2009, 07:37 AM #4
    Will have to do some actual work today - one quick post before I go...

Sign of things to come today?:

Bid: 0.32 x 500
    Ask: 0.39 x 2000

I'm hoping to come back and see us busting upwards to 40 and beyond....

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-24-2009, 08:10 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Damn, even with a daily format, you people are posting way too much. =P
    It must mean we have no lives...atually I will be enjoying the sun hopefully today.

Mentor
    03-24-2009, 08:28 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Anyone know the latest OEM install rates?

I think Hyundai and Kia are now at 100% but what about the others?
    100percent? Thats not possible. Are you serious? Nice!!!
    You know Brandon, people dont focus on that end of a very important math equation. Increasing the retention rate would be great, but increasing penetration is just as effective, if not more. More subs!!
    Could you imagine what this stock might be trading at with 100 percent penetration.....
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-24-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Enthusiast
    03-24-2009, 08:43 AM #7
    .57 next point of supression????

03-24-2009, 08:47 AM #8
    Hi, If the premarket does not pick up I would look for a down or flat day. The opening price has to be above yesterdays close in order for it to close up today. (and stay in pattern it has held everyday it closed up since CC)

Today might be a "BUY" day

very low interest in after hours and premarket so far.

Addict
    03-24-2009, 08:51 AM #9
    The other thread was closed and I posted a few newsworthy things r/s related that might be beneficial for some (besides my humble opinion, that is.. LOL)...

3. >>Nasdaq extends waiver of delisting rules to keep stocks from falling off the market

BLOOMBERG NEWS SERVICE • March 20, 2009

Nasdaq OMX Group Inc., the equity market that lists the most companies in the U.S., will suspend its listing requirements for another three months to prevent a wave of delistings after a plunge in stock prices.
    Advertisement

Companies will get a reprieve until July 19 from a requirement to maintain a share price above $1 and a minimum market value, Nasdaq said in a regulatory filing. Nasdaq had planned to waive the requirements until April 20.

The plunge in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index to a 12-year low amid the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression has forced Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange to suspend some requirements for their 4,728 publicly traded companies. Shares of more than 1,300 companies trade below $3, including Citigroup Inc. and Fifth Third Bancorp, Bloomberg data show.

“A decline in general investor confidence has resulted in depressed pricing for companies that otherwise remain suitable for continued listing,” Nasdaq said in the filing, which was posted on its Web site late yesterday. “Extending the temporary suspension will permit companies to continue focusing on running their businesses, rather than satisfying market-based requirements that are largely beyond their control in the current environment.”

The Nasdaq Composite Index has lost as much as 20 percent this year, after sliding 41 percent in 2008. Last month, the NYSE relaxed listing requirements until June 30.<<

4. #3 means their clock won't start until July 19 and then they will have 30 days to get back over a buck before receiving a notification of not being in compliance (Aug 19). Then they would have another 3 months (Nov 19) to get into compliance. By then Mel will have reversed. I think it will be announced in July and effected in Oct or Nov.
    5. As the r/s was approved by shareholders and needs to be used by its expiration (Dec 09) it will happen regardless if the SP is over a buck or not.
    6. One cruel fly in the ointment. If the SP starts gaining steam and starts looking like it will go over a buck...Mel could panic. The main reason he asked for the r/s was to get the SP back over a buck. Although he did say a higher SP could attract bigger fish investors (which is theoretically true), it was largely for the buck thing. If he panics and feels the need to announce before the SP goes over a buck to justify himself, it will kill the momentum of the SP.
    7. The upside caveat related to #6 is NASD has in a sense just trumped Mel by extending until July 19. Because of this rule extension for all companies, Mel would have a tough time explaining before July 19 why he is announcing a splitter before then.
    8. So I say...he waits until at least July 19. By then we will have at least been over a buck briefly with plenty of chance to solidify intended gains. I still believe the splitter will happen in Oct or Nov '09.

and...

>>Citigroup seeks reverse stock split
    Measure expected to help offset the massive conversion of government's preferred stock into common shares.

By David Ellis, CNNMoney.com staff writer
    Last Updated: March 19, 2009: 4:38 PM ET

Citigroup stock has recovered nicely over the last two weeks, but still remains well below where it was just a year ago.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Citigroup unveiled plans Thursday to pursue a reverse stock split, and the company officially gave notice of its previously announced plans to convert the government's massive preferred share stake into common stock.

The New York City-based bank said it would authorize its board of directors to carry out the reverse split, but it requires a shareholder vote before it can take effect.

The move would help reduce the number of shares outstanding for Citi, which are expected to swell after the Treasury Department completes its conversion of part of its $45 billion stake in the company. The bank currently has a total of 5.5 billion shares outstanding.

Shares of Citigroup (C, Fortune 500), initially surged on the news, climbing nearly 23% in Thursday morning trading. But the stock lost ground as the day wore on and wound up finishing Thursday down nearly 16%.<<

http://www.businessweek.com/investin...temp_investing

>>Is Citigroup’s Reverse Stock Split a Smart Move?

Posted by: Lauren Young on March 19

Last week I wrote a story about a pending boom of reverse stock splits. In that piece, Anton Schutz, manager of the Burnham Financial Services Fund (BURKX), predicted that Citigroup (C) would engineer a reverse stock split in the coming months.

It looks like Schutz’s prediction will come to fruition: In a filing with the SEC on Thursday, Citigroup says it is considering a reverse stock split as part of its effort to convert preferred shares to common shares.

Citigroup’s shares jumped more than 10% in early trading, but now the stock is down more than 6% to 2.89 in midday trading.

Why does a reverse stock split makes sense for Citi? “Whether the stock is $1 or $3, it’s still a low-priced stock,” Schutz says. “If you are the leading financial services company in the world, the psychology of a low-priced stock isn’t going to fly.”

Ideally, Citigroup will aim for a reverse stock split that gets the current price to the $30 range, Schutz says. (Based on today’s price, it would roughly mean a reverse split of 10 shares for one share.)

Yet research shows a reverse split is a signal to dump a stock. A 2008 study of 1,600 companies that did reverse splits found the typical stock underperformed the broad market by 50% on a risk-adjusted basis during the three-year period after the action. “Reverse stock splits are a strong indicator the company is going to be a significant underperformer during the near future,” says Jim Rosenfeld, co-author of the study and an associate professor of finance at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School in Atlanta.

What do you think? Would a $30 stock price make you feel better about Citi’s prospects?<<

Banned
    03-24-2009, 08:53 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    100percent? Thats not possible. Are you serious? Nice!!!
    You know Brandon, people dont focus on that end of a very important math equation. Increasing the retention rate would be great, but increasing penetration is just as effective, if not more. More subs!!
    Could you imagine what this stock might be trading at with 100 percent penetration.....
    That's what Sirius told me. I think the overall number is 62%. Big 3 were at 70- 80, MB was at 90. That's common knowledge, isn't it? I haven't been following it much.

Apparently, the only drag is Toyota and Honda, because it takes them longer but I think I heard they were increasing this year also.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ...