Page 2 of 2 12
    03-24-2009, 04:25 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I would love to see Sirius announce negative subscriber growth but positive EBITDA. That would seal the deal on this stock and cause the PPS to skyrocket. If we got verification that Sirius could be profitable with this many or even fewer subs, I think we explode in value.
    Newman,
    I am not sure who posted it, but I think that someone posted that Mel made the statement that the company would be profitable with 10 mil subs, does that sound familiar. Please don't quote me on that though because I don't want to misrepresent something here....ESPECIALLY HERE!!!!

John,

I am glad that you have a sirius(serious) stock purchasing problem. Misery loves company...."Hi, my name is misery". I am not a seasoned vet like most of you guys, but I am a quick learner. I have learned that I can't stop buying this stock. It goes up and I don't sell. It goes down and I buy more. I need to know the truth to this question, "Will I ever be able to stop?"

Mommy, make the pain go away.

Guru
    03-24-2009, 11:21 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by edeyoung99 View Post
    Newman,
    I am not sure who posted it, but I think that someone posted that Mel made the statement that the company would be profitable with 10 mil subs, does that sound familiar. Please don't quote me on that though because I don't want to misrepresent something here....ESPECIALLY HERE!!!!

John,

I am glad that you have a sirius(serious) stock purchasing problem. Misery loves company...."Hi, my name is misery". I am not a seasoned vet like most of you guys, but I am a quick learner. I have learned that I can't stop buying this stock. It goes up and I don't sell. It goes down and I buy more. I need to know the truth to this question, "Will I ever be able to stop?"

Mommy, make the pain go away.

I am not sure if Mel has said it but looking at the metrics from year to year a few including myself have said between 10 and 11.5 million ( I think 10.5 to 11) should be enough for them to be profitable at least from the EBITDA side of things. As an example look at 2007 where SIRI was FCF positive for the last half of the year, if you take the FCF from the 4th quarter to the 3rd quarter. That was when the only had about 8 million subs.

Page 2 of 2 12