Page 7 of 8 ... 5678
    Guru
    03-27-2009, 12:58 PM #61
    TRN under 10 now...keeping an eye on it...this is a long term buy for me so i might jump in...i think it has potential to fall back into around 8.35 maybe over the next week since I notice a gap there but i don't have patience.

Guru
    03-27-2009, 12:58 PM #62
    cool ray hopefully this will be a more stable run up that holds, id like to not have to sell like last time heh, i think lvlt is a good long term hold. No reason it shouldnt get even higher than it did in jan, firstof all its completely undervalued in the first place, then add 250million new customers and its true value is even more making it even more under valued, this stock should clear 2 this time. Hopefully heh

Guru
    03-27-2009, 01:00 PM #63
    yeah bill its doing a nice job of offsetting my losses with siri for the day :0

over all it has been a great month with how siri has moved for me and now lvlt im feeling lucky as hell

Guru
    03-27-2009, 01:03 PM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Up to 95 cents. Great buy at the 70 you got it. Congrats!
    surfs up heh, i rode this wave in january now its time to polish those surfboards again :O

Addict
    03-27-2009, 01:10 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    surfs up heh, i rode this wave in january now its time to polish those surfboards again :O
    I had a similar situation last week. Bought ETFC at .68 and sold at 1.53 a few days later. It's a great felling.
    Right now I'm moving from Etrade to TDA so my money is bound up. Im using 1 cent swings in SIRI to transfer 12K shares worth of money at a time. I make about 100$ after commissions on each lot. If I goes as planned, I'll make 400$ transfering accounts. lol.
    Cant wait for it to be over tho. Really wanting to get into more than just SIRI.

Guru
    03-27-2009, 01:15 PM #66

Patience

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    TRN under 10 now...keeping an eye on it...this is a long term buy for me so i might jump in...i think it has potential to fall back into around 8.35 maybe over the next week since I notice a gap there but i don't have patience.
    Patience.....something I have to fight with everyday. I am making myself be patient now. Every time I dump a stock it then goes up and I am waiting on another one to climb. Sometimes it just pays to hold on. Other times it is smart to dump, take the money and jump.

Finding a good entry point is really tough sometimes with the current volatility of this market, but the volatility usually brings it back up again...so it has its good points. That is unless you just buy a chihuahua of a stock.

You need a fly-swatter with OTC stocks to try and nail it down, that is why I stay away from them now. They are fun to play with if you can get in on the initial run and bail out quick.

Anyway good luck with TRN, we will be pulling for you!

Bill

Guru
    03-27-2009, 04:03 PM #67
    Thanks!

It taunted me all day but I got what I really wanted which was in at or below 10 today....ok i consider 10.001 to be at 10.

I am proud of myself though I have been learning alot from everyone here and I held on pretty impressively for myself....

This ones not going to go up fast...just wanted to take advantage of the down market, down construction and keep my money out of cash and i think this is a good one for the coming years.

Thanks again!

happy hunting....

Guru
    03-27-2009, 05:31 PM #68
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=axrzM.CeLhHo

Level 3 Jumps 20% on Signs Finances Are Improving (Update1)

By Katie Hoffmann

March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Level 3 Communications Inc., an operator of phone networks, jumped the most since January on the Nasdaq after signaling that its financial condition is improving and that it may consider new acquisitions...........

03-29-2009, 12:31 AM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Dread, I was tired and at work when i wrote that last entry, so let me try to be a bit more articulate...

To begin with, I appreciate that you even took the time to respond to my inquiry about CNO. And I believe that you gave me the best information that you had. In fact, this is the only website I've found with people like you who are willing to give info like that so selflessly.
    That being said, I reached out for info. You did not come to me trying to sell me your ideas; I came here. And I came here because I value the opinion of the people on this site (most of them anyway). So if I'm going to choose to place that value on your opinions then I know that I also have to take responsibility for whatever decision I make because of that value.
    Hence, I dont feel that me missing CNOs run-up yesterday was your fault. Truth is, I still wanted to buy it after reading your post and was simply too chicken shit :-) You didnt talk me out of anything.

And in one final point of view, I may not have made any money, but I didnt lose any either.

Cheers mate. Hope you have a 200% day.
    Oh, no worries my fellow comrade, I did not take exception to your original statement at all. Thought it was funny actually!!! No need to defend yourself here. I only wish that I had CNO on my watch list!!!

But I hate insurance companies, and don't even consider trading that sub / sector. Hope your having a good weekend Shots!!

03-29-2009, 12:58 AM #70
    Ok, so on Friday around noon, CHTR finally filed for chapter 11 on 8 billion of the total 21.7 billion in dept.

It amazes me reading the google board, that people are still pumping this stock!! Good example to not trust anyones word, and do your own research!!! From what I read, they will try to emerge from 11, by the end of summer, and I will just say it again, to much dept, and poor management. I won't touch this turd.

Bill/Ray/Tony, and everyone else, hope you all are having a great weekend!!! Hey Bill!! Looks like the storm that hit you is here in the middle east tonight. Guess everyone is going to be grabbing their ankles when this one hits!!!

Still watching the slow bleed on the BDI, and crude oil has been fun to watch this week!!

Sorry I did not chime in during the week, a friend needed a 4R55E rebuilt, so my attention went towards that issue. %%#@! FORDS!!

I will start brain storming for this coming week, but I wish that GM/CRISIS, would just go through chapter 11, instead of taking our tax money and throwing it down hole!!!!

I guess that is where that big sucking sound is coming from, Detroit!!!

You can here it all the way over here!!

Have a good one my fellow comrades!! HA! HA! HA!

Oh!! And Bill, every time I see this commercial, my thoughts are of you LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAYkBYhmDw

Page 7 of 8 ... 5678