Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...
    Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:19 PM #41

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Good afternoon fellas,
    I don't know if any of you use the iPhone, but it has some amazing applications for trading stocks/options. The one for TDAmeritrade is well known. I am a beta tester for the new E-Trade Mobile Pro also.
    I wrote a nice little compare and contrast for the two apps and put it into SIRI Intraday Thread for Thursday. It's on pg 11 of the thread.
    Hope the info makes trading easier for you all.
    Good Info!

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:22 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Anyone buying this rally?
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Jobles...-14756375.html

Sounds like a pullback coming to me.
    Keeping shorts.
    Geithner did a really good job of pulling the market back yesterday 200 points, so it could be a little while longer until an actual pullback comes.

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:25 PM #43

Ctic

Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    What do you guys think about ctic? Big up action today
    CTIC was all over the map today.........It is really too volatile to put money in at the moment. A guy could lose his ass with it.

Even though there are gains it is best to watch it and let it settle down IMO.

Bill

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:33 PM #44

Free

FREE kicked ass today, as predicted.....as a matter of fact, plenty of money in the drys stocks today!

They are truly money makers no matter where they are at...even when bottom feeding. If you buy them long and let them sit you can certainly lose big. When on the bottom like they are now, they are terrific!

FREE was up to 1.71 today from 1.28. If it holds tomorrow, I will be tempted to get ready and sell before a pullback and then re-buy. I will just keep putting stops in.

Thanks Newman! You know how to get there now! Enjoyed it today!

Bill

03-26-2009, 09:55 PM #45
    Thanks for your thoughts

Guru
    03-26-2009, 10:18 PM #46
    hey guys, i just posted this on its own thread thinking this was only for quick surging stocks....

Anyway, I was looking at TRN and find it to be very interesting. The section to take the biggest hit over the last 2 years has been the construction industry.....and this company looks to have survived quite well....also they have some interesting things coming up in the future.....they are moving production to mexico (in texas now) to improve profitibality and they are into wind turbines.....I know that there is going to be a huge push with lots of money flowing (no pun intended) into wind turbines for power generation.

I guess this sounds good too...
    n December, 2007, Trinity announced authorization for a 200 million dollar share repurchase program through 2009. As we have previously stated, our share repurchase program is part of our capital plan. As previously announced, during the fourth quarter, we purchased 1,994,400 shares for 42.2 million dollars. Our cumulative purchases to date total 2,719,700 shares for 61.2 million dollars. We will continue to provide details of our purchases when we report our results at the end of each quarter.
    I don't know if you get this link to work but it is great reading

https://research.ameritrade.com/wwws...VEX2YiOiIifQ==

if it doesn't work search for their 8k from 2-18-09

Guru
    03-26-2009, 10:30 PM #47
    Now that I got my feet wet in here....

Sorry I didn't post these for you guys last week...

I picked up GRMN garmin at 16.70 and its up to 23....positive forecasts for 09 and 10 with no debt and pays a dividend.

I picked up LUV southwest airlines at 4.90 and its up to 6.40...i believe this also has good forecasts and is strong in a down economy.

Guru
    03-27-2009, 12:22 AM #48

Nice Contributions Romo

Really nice contributions, Romo! Thanks

Just to let anyone reading this know. This thread is NOT for just day traders. A lot of people have the impression that we meet here for fast information. Simply not true.

This is a thread for all stocks other than SIRI (but including it if you want). So feel free to post good stocks and talk about the market in here. The people in here are nice and will answer questions on stocks and even test them out for you and give you opinions.

We do our daytrading on Google Talk and then in the evening post things here to help people pick good stocks. Everybody has something to contribute....so feel free and be comfortable about it.

Have a great evening,

Bill

Mentor
    03-27-2009, 12:42 AM #49
    Relmor

What are your thoughts on Siri for tomorrow. Saw where you think .42-.43 on the upside. Do you still think that is the case! Did you listen to the show tonight with Brandon talking about the possible squeeze tomorrow? I am looking to take some money off the table, but will be out most of the day! Will probably have to set a limit order just in case!

Again, thanks for all of your help.

Mentor
    03-27-2009, 02:07 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Relmor

What are your thoughts on Siri for tomorrow. Saw where you think .42-.43 on the upside. Do you still think that is the case! Did you listen to the show tonight with Brandon talking about the possible squeeze tomorrow? I am looking to take some money off the table, but will be out most of the day! Will probably have to set a limit order just in case!

Again, thanks for all of your help.
    Set it for .50, just in case. Tough day to be out. If you want to shave a small portion desperately, then I suppose .43 would be a decent target. Heres my best guess of how it will play out.
    It will gap past .40, skipping tons of automatic buy orders.
    2. It will hit .42, and meet resistance. It will fall back. .40 will hold, and the next wave up takes out .42, and we break to .50, before a pull back. Happy trading, and good luck. DYODD. This is all in my very humble opinion.

Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...