Page 3 of 8 12345 ...
    Guru
    03-26-2009, 12:17 AM #21

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

Did you, Ray, or Tony see the article titled Shipping Rates Submerge on Forbes.com. Talks about day rates for capesize vessels being down to 19900 per day from a high of 120k per day last year. Also, states Drys has highest daily breakeven cost for capesize vessels at over 14k, Free is under 11k breakeven per day. DSX(Diana Shipping) is about 8900 per day. Also, gives numbers for Egle, I think under 12k per day. FYI!

Would you please call Mel and politely ask him to give me my.............F....ing money back!!!!!!!!

He has a set of chicklets that only a beaver could love!!!!
    You are killing me! I am laughing so hard! You are hilarious!

Well, all I can say is...........for a crumby BDI down down 11 days in a row, we have made a ton of money with boats!

Buying more and more..........gosh.....just think....when it goes up....yah.

We are contrarian investors and momentum investors, as you know.

Jeff, the great thing about Dry Bulk Shipping stocks is that they are like trampolines. You know the whole picture....you know a lot about them, probably more than most people.

I have no worry what so ever with them. They could tank and I still would hold them. They are "that" good. Without them, the world comes to a stand still. If the world comes to a stand still, then it will take Dry Shipping Stocks to get it going again. They are the world's insurance policy.

The best part is - They are mainly Greek owned, as you all ready know (just info for readers). The U.S. doesn't have their hands in them (thank God) or they would be losing their asses and WOULD submerge.

We are in for one hell of a bad ride in the U.S. market. The administration does not like the stock market. It wants government to control everything and is repulsed by the "Stock Market" and Wall Street.

People better wake up! Big Brother is here and trying to take over.

Do you have a link to that article? I really like Forbes. The only problem I have ever found with Forbes is that they think institutionally. That is a sign for an individual investor to go the opposite direction.

I remember in 1982, Louis Rukeiser (sp?) and Mary Ann Ann Keller said to ditch Chrysler at $4.00 (or maybe it was higher). I laughed and bought it...made a small fortune (which I lost after a bad break up), along with American Airlines and Prime Computer and International Bank Notes. I also took out some warrants on something I cannot remember and scored.

Have a great night and don't let Mel chew too many trees down! Hope you have your cammie on out there in the weeds!

Thanks for stopping in tonight, I needed a good laugh!

As always,

Bill

Addict
    03-26-2009, 12:31 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    hey Relmor

Are you comfortable,can I get you some coffee,a snack
    bran muffin maybe...lol

this is a great place to hang out , good hard working people sirius but fun.
    we are currently working over aib,abk,lvlt,ocnf,sblk,egle,free and drys.
    I sold all my positions this a.m. except siri..that left me with cash to
    reinvest late in the trading day. then I picked up some drys again.. thanks to bill and tony waking me up..lol..

we are working on a watch list currently.
    sgy,emx, these are purchases we would take tomarrow..If the price was right.
    I am sure Bill and Tony could add to this easily and dread feel free to jump in anytime...

the ones we have not a lot of time on,but are looking into are.
    cno,amr,ctic,psti,and the list goes on I hope with yours and shots
    help..

Oh hey , glad you and shots found the key leave it under the mat when you are done,...look forward to hearing from you with any and all info on these stocks and others

thanks for stopping by....
    Hello Ray,
    Thx for the welcome and I'd love to help in any way I can. I am however a newbie at investing. Only been in it 6 months. But thx to getting in low on SIRI and ETFC I've turned 6500$ into just over 16000$ as of this afternoon. I'm sure alot of that is luck, but I do feel I've put in alot of effort and time researching too. Plus I read the SB forums religiously.
    I'm willing fill whatever roll the team needs. If you'd only give me a little guidance on what needs done and how I can help, I'll be sure to do my part.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:31 AM #23
    Bill

Don't have link to article. Dipstick here not to swift on copy/paste with links. Go to yahoo finance page and get stock quote for Drys...at bottom of page, in News section you should find the article.

I think that if Mel ever leaves SiriusXM, with his chicklets intact, he should go into the logging industry...chew'em down, 1 tree at a time!!

Guru
    03-26-2009, 02:11 AM #24

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

Don't have link to article. Dipstick here not to swift on copy/paste with links. Go to yahoo finance page and get stock quote for Drys...at bottom of page, in News section you should find the article.

I think that if Mel ever leaves SiriusXM, with his chicklets intact, he should go into the logging industry...chew'em down, 1 tree at a time!!
    I am ready for the sack......tired dude here...will check it out!

Thanks my friend,

Bill

Guru
    03-26-2009, 08:32 AM #25
    so i sold a little of my siri to buy back in to lvlt at .70, oh man i think i timed it just right, http://uk.sys-con.com/node/893349

LONDON, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: LVLT) today announced that the company has expanded its relationship with Telefonica International Wholesale Services to establish a dedicated wavelength network across North America, which represents the largest single capacity commitment in Level 3 history.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 09:01 AM #26
    Tripp

Hope it works out well. I'll be keeping an eye on LVLT.

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:04 AM #27
    UP 14% SO FAR, this new deal means 250 million new customers for lvlt. Man best timing ive ever had heh

03-26-2009, 09:21 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    UP 14% SO FAR, this new deal means 250 million new customers for lvlt. Man best timing ive ever had heh
    Thankyou Tripp...!!!

I have been watching lvlt for some time ...
    and fell asleep..lol I have an order in now...

thanks again....

cno is seeing some action its becoming another abk.. your best guess

drys closed at 4.75 pre mkt 5.08

good luck guys

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:40 AM #29
    Haha i can see the same short manipulation to keep it down with lvlt that i saw with siri, the shorts are gonna be fighting lvlt hard to keep it down and cover haha

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 10:13 AM #30
    Looking like my main market call was pretty accurate for today. Im heavy into SRS, FAZ and s &p puts today. Sold all my gold stocks. And of course, LONG THE BLUE DOG!!!

Page 3 of 8 12345 ...