Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    03-16-2009, 03:14 AM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 3/16/09

My portfolio gained more this past week than any other week in the past 2 years. I am happy.

Sirius: What more can I say? I am looking at taking some profit at 0.25.

Ford: Nice gains this past week, was surprised it did not do better. GM said it didn't need money and gained nearly 20%. Ford said that 3 months ago and never gained anything. Hopefully the uptrend will continue.

AIB: FINALLY regained some of those losses. Yikes! Still down pretty bad on it, but that movement was good. Lets see how it will continue this week.

I still have not had time to do any stock research. Let me know what you guys find. (Include some financial stuff in your research, because I am an idiot when it comes to tecnicals).

Discuss...

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 01:31 AM #2
    Newman

Hope you didnt take those profits at .25 lol Where the hell did everyone go!

Siri goes up and this thread goes to sh..!

Hope all is well in Dallas!

What do you make of the SiriusXM run up! Can it be sustained?

I have recouped approx 33k of my initial investment. Still down 14k but feel like a lottery winner. Go figure!

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 02:15 AM #3
    I did take some profits at 0.24.

I took some more profits at 0.35.

I have 60% of my position left. I might sell another 10% if it hits 0.50.

I do not think this run is sustainable. I think there is a pullback due, and I think it hits either tomorrow or Friday. I think it retraces back to 0.30 to 0.25. I will put all my money back in right there.

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 02:19 AM #4
    Have a great day tomorrow Newman! That nursing thing...Mucho props!!!

Do you talk SiriusXM to all of your patients???? lol

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 03:09 PM #5
    I was right on with my call. Dipped all the way to 0.22. Did not expect it that quickly this morning, and I did not have a trade in. =(

I got back some of my position at 0.307. Simply could not get it to dip back down below 30. Just in case it happens again tommorrow, I placed a limit order for some shares at 0.23. I doubt they hit, but I didnt think my 0.25 number would hit this morning either... Now I just wish I placed a buy at that price!

Ford dropped a penny. Perhaps that is it's pullback? Still in the black here.

AIB is still climbing... down most of the day, came back at the end. Still in the red with that trade, but it is getting much closer to black.

Addict
    03-19-2009, 07:20 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I was right on with my call. Dipped all the way to 0.22. Did not expect it that quickly this morning, and I did not have a trade in. =(

I got back some of my position at 0.307. Simply could not get it to dip back down below 30. Just in case it happens again tommorrow, I placed a limit order for some shares at 0.23. I doubt they hit, but I didnt think my 0.25 number would hit this morning either... Now I just wish I placed a buy at that price!

Ford dropped a penny. Perhaps that is it's pullback? Still in the black here.

AIB is still climbing... down most of the day, came back at the end. Still in the red with that trade, but it is getting much closer to black.
    Newman....

Good call today. However, you can't own the mid-twenties part. That .22 was a spike trade. No one could have gotten it unless maybe if you had an order already waiting down there (which sometimes I think that's why MM's do that occassionally to trawl for presets on a short cover..or long the other way up to see who might be out there waiting int he weeds). Otherwise we never technically broke .30 today. That was one or maybe just a few trades over the course of about a minute or less. I was gone when it happened but that's what my chart says (and other posters who were here watching RT)...

Good luck on your buys...

Guru
    03-19-2009, 10:39 PM #7

Hey Gentlemen

Man, it has been a busy time.....

So anyway, I was watching SIRI today and I think the enthusiasm after the CC is starting to wear off by the majority of investors......not the bunch that hangs out here.

This is normal, though....and I would not be surprised to go down more. If it does, then it may take a little ride down.

However, I don't expect to see .05 again, hopefully that was a one time deal.

Ray, Tony and I are doing the same thing we have been doing, with little variations. It was terrific to wake up this morning and the stocks were sky high!

I had to wipe my eyes out to make sure I wasn't dreaming, so we had a really good day....made money!

Tomorrow more of the same.

So anyway, what this crazy market is going to do is anyone's guess. I think it will have to take a dump here in the new future at least for a while to consolidate and shore up some lines of support and resistance as there really isn't any now. Yes, you could draw some lines and blah blah blah, but not really any chart stuff out there of great value. There is too much volatility to make any logical predictions.

So, Newman, Jeff, Dread and the guys....give it a post and let us know what you have been up to.

Oh ya, I dumped F and LVLT and bought more OCNF. Tomorrow morning I will make up my mind what to do with the rest of it. I might look into FREE if it takes a dump (which it probably won't). We are really hooked into the Dry Shipping stocks....take a look at the charts and you will see why.

One non-related gambling stock to watch is PTEK.....it is kind of interesting.

Top stocks:
    DRYS
    EGLE
    SBLK
    OCNF
    FREE
    ETFC is starting to move pretty darn good

PTEK is one to watch
    VC is a watcher again
    FOE is tricky (Tony's discovery) but makes the cash in chunks. According to Tony you have to catch it low and ride it like a hot Thai hooker! (not his words....that is my analogy).
    and a couple others....if you have questions, then please ask.

Also, if you have money makers that can still make money or want opinions on them, please post them here.

I am the one that created this thread and haven't been around much, because Ray, Tony and myself spend so many hours a day trading together, but I will try to make a better effort.

I have been working on cleaning up my port, but things are stabilizing now and looking mucho better.

I look forward to hearing from you guys,

Newman, you know where you are welcome....anytime.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 03-19-2009 at 11:42 PM.

03-20-2009, 12:31 AM #8
    I am watching crude prices go up, as certain airline stocks get dragged down, because they did not lock in their fuel prices. If crude oil continues its run. DRYS and other shipping stocks will continue to rise despite the BDI taking a nose dive. I only see 1 shipping stock that went down today, following the BDI.

PRGN -0.57 (-13.49%) NASDAQ / took a nice hit today but, there could be underlying issues.

Right now I am watching to see when / if the BDI turns up, how / when it will effect those sector / stocks that revolve around it.

shipping / airlines / oil / is what I am watching. And of course my dear SIRI!!!

How high will crude go this summer? Only the shadow knows!!!

Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. AMEX KOG 0.200 * 0.000 (0.00%) 19.03M
    Brigham Exploration Company Brigham Exploration Company NASDAQ BEXP 2.00 +0.23 (12.99%) 93.02M
    Encore Acquisition Company Encore Acquisition Company NYSE EAC 23.98 +1.28 (5.64%) 1.24B
    Teton Energy Corporation Teton Energy Corporation NASDAQ TEC 0.400 +0.010 (2.56%) 9.56M
    Warren Resources, Inc. Warren Resources, Inc. NASDAQ WRES 1.04 +0.21 (25.30%) 61.18M
    GeoResources, Inc. GeoResources, Inc. NASDAQ GEOI 5.85 +0.10 (1.74%) 94.98M
    Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Double Eagle Petroleum Co. NASDAQ DBLE 4.91 +0.05 (1.03%) 45.14M
    Gasco Energy, Inc. Gasco Energy, Inc. AMEX GSX 0.360 * +0.020 (5.88%) 38.79M
    American Oil & Gas Inc. American Oil & Gas Inc. AMEX AEZ 0.730 * +0.010 (1.39%) 35.26M
    Ultra Petroleum Corp. Ultra Petroleum Corp. NYSE UPL 39.68 +1.64 (4.31%) 6.00B
    Sector: Energy > Industry:

And of course NOG!!! +0.39 (13.18%)

My only concern is demand destruction / job loses / and our dear government having their hands were they don't belong!!! The 1 trillion or however much it was, the fed used to buy treasuries has me concerned as well.

Hope everyone had a good week!!! I am going to kick back tomorrow night and watch the final episode of BSG ... I will chime in this weekend when I have time. Have a good one, and thanks Tyler @ Brandon for doing the radio show tonight!!!

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 01:34 AM #9
    I really do appreciate the offer and I will definately have to take you up on it one of these days. Work and school have been CRAZY busy lately. Also trying to get some family stuff taken care of.

On top of all of that, my computer took a crap the other day. So I had to go buy another one. Now I am trying to salvage all of my old stuff to put on my new computer. Tried a transfer program, but it doesn't work for crap, so Im having to do a lot of it file by file. PITA.

Once I have a bit more time I will definately take you guys up on your offer. Besides that, I don't have any cash right now... (well, I do, but I have the SIRI buy order in for tomorrow. Hope it hits.)

Guru
    03-20-2009, 02:01 AM #10

Ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I really do appreciate the offer and I will definately have to take you up on it one of these days. Work and school have been CRAZY busy lately. Also trying to get some family stuff taken care of.

On top of all of that, my computer took a crap the other day. So I had to go buy another one. Now I am trying to salvage all of my old stuff to put on my new computer. Tried a transfer program, but it doesn't work for crap, so Im having to do a lot of it file by file. PITA.

Once I have a bit more time I will definately take you guys up on your offer. Besides that, I don't have any cash right now... (well, I do, but I have the SIRI buy order in for tomorrow. Hope it hits.)
    It is ironic...the same thing happened to me 2 months ago...I bought a new computer with a raid system and 5 gigs of memory and blah blah blah...I found out that it was my virius software from Trend Micro that wasn't uninstalled properly. I uninstalled it according to their directions and now my puter is good as new. The other sophisticated one is on the sidelines...I don't use it.

A tip: use mozy.com to upload your files....2 gig free (I know you need more) and then download them for free. Better than emailing or using some shitty software that is supposed to copy over.

Have a blessed night,

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123