03-22-2009, 11:49 AM #1

Sirius Radio Online

So I was just thinking about the worldwide market for Sirius Online and wow that seems like an avenue that Sirius could cheaply attract many internatonal folks and immediately add to cash flow. Does anyone know if there is some planned marketing to get people hooked up online across the world? Just seems like an easy way to feed the kitty

04-04-2009, 07:57 PM #2
    I should hope they are palnning something. I just wonder about their current internet config. bandwidth. I have heard tons about what satellites could or couldn't do but never anything about internet feeds. Maybe someone could elaborate.

Enthusiast
    04-04-2009, 09:37 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    I should hope they are palnning something. I just wonder about their current internet config. bandwidth. I have heard tons about what satellites could or couldn't do but never anything about internet feeds. Maybe someone could elaborate.
    SIRIUS XM on-line listening is 128k (u need a high-speed-connection to listen)
    it comes form a studio-boardcast-server, that is sent out over the internet, and not form the sky, it's the same boardcast via the SIRIUS XM Studios, so the in-studio-live-on-air up-link is sent to the sky or SAT, not the other way around.......in other words (in less technical terms)
    the up-link sends it to a outter space SAT above the earth , and at the same time, the server sends it out over the internet for streaming @ 32K Low bandwidth or 128K High bandwidth ,the internet will allow other countries that cannot get a US-SAT-SIGNAL to hear what SIRIUS XM has to offer us hear in the US, so, this is a very good thing......however, to get this internet stream, IT'S NOT FREE........like most internet streaming is
    Last edited by denb45; 04-04-2009 at 11:03 PM.

04-05-2009, 12:06 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    SIRIUS XM on-line listening is 128k (u need a high-speed-connection to listen)
    This is a Very Important distinction in terms of the Markets that it will be available.... Broadband Everywhere is still a goal for this Country.... It will only be available in Countries or Cities within Countries where Broadband is established... Better than nothing but still not "World Wide" as they say...

My point is for the less techy types: Dial Up won't work.....

Enthusiast
    04-05-2009, 05:40 PM #5

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    This is a Very Important distinction in terms of the Markets that it will be available.... Broadband Everywhere is still a goal for this Country.... It will only be available in Countries or Cities within Countries where Broadband is established... Better than nothing but still not "World Wide" as they say...

My point is for the less techy types: Dial Up won't work.....
    Dial Up will work, but only @32k, you need boardband to hear 128K, I don't think
    anyone would want to pay for a 32K music stream, I sure wouldn't