Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sirius Radio Online

  1. #1
    Smiggles is offline
    Junior Member
    Smiggles's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 6

    Sirius Radio Online

    So I was just thinking about the worldwide market for Sirius Online and wow that seems like an avenue that Sirius could cheaply attract many internatonal folks and immediately add to cash flow. Does anyone know if there is some planned marketing to get people hooked up online across the world? Just seems like an easy way to feed the kitty

  2. #2
    buddylee is offline
    Member
    buddylee's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Shreveport, LA Posts: 74
    I should hope they are palnning something. I just wonder about their current internet config. bandwidth. I have heard tons about what satellites could or couldn't do but never anything about internet feeds. Maybe someone could elaborate.

  3. #3
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    I should hope they are palnning something. I just wonder about their current internet config. bandwidth. I have heard tons about what satellites could or couldn't do but never anything about internet feeds. Maybe someone could elaborate.
    SIRIUS XM on-line listening is 128k (u need a high-speed-connection to listen)
    it comes form a studio-boardcast-server, that is sent out over the internet, and not form the sky, it's the same boardcast via the SIRIUS XM Studios, so the in-studio-live-on-air up-link is sent to the sky or SAT, not the other way around.......in other words (in less technical terms)
    the up-link sends it to a outter space SAT above the earth , and at the same time, the server sends it out over the internet for streaming @ 32K Low bandwidth or 128K High bandwidth ,the internet will allow other countries that cannot get a US-SAT-SIGNAL to hear what SIRIUS XM has to offer us hear in the US, so, this is a very good thing......however, to get this internet stream, IT'S NOT FREE........like most internet streaming is
    Last edited by denb45; 04-04-2009 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #4
    cos1000 is offline
    Senior Member
    cos1000's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 402
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    SIRIUS XM on-line listening is 128k (u need a high-speed-connection to listen)
    This is a Very Important distinction in terms of the Markets that it will be available.... Broadband Everywhere is still a goal for this Country.... It will only be available in Countries or Cities within Countries where Broadband is established... Better than nothing but still not "World Wide" as they say...

    My point is for the less techy types: Dial Up won't work.....

  5. #5
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    This is a Very Important distinction in terms of the Markets that it will be available.... Broadband Everywhere is still a goal for this Country.... It will only be available in Countries or Cities within Countries where Broadband is established... Better than nothing but still not "World Wide" as they say...

    My point is for the less techy types: Dial Up won't work.....
    Dial Up will work, but only @32k, you need boardband to hear 128K, I don't think
    anyone would want to pay for a 32K music stream, I sure wouldn't

  6. Ad Fairy Senior Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •