Page 3 of 3 123
    03-22-2009, 02:38 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    cos1000...It's just stupid where our attention is going right now. Great example about real estate (and your other points). I mean, we can't just stop the free market system because we're also trying to fix this problem. The Gov was just as complicit in this mess as anyone. Bill Clinton allowed the newly developed CDS concept (developed by 2 clowns at JPM no less, who now is considering banking royalty!) into a huge bill of pork in 1996, the beginning of his second term. Prior to this, the CDS bill alone couldn't pass congress. Billy probably didn't even know it was in there. Then add what gov did with GSE's.."everyone should have a house mantra"... also Billy's. Yet, now they are overstepping their bounds for political expediency in my opinion (and as you say). There are elections next year and this new "CAUSE" will play very nicely on Broadstreet when all these pukes start stumping. They're creating a monster and riling up the people instead of helping the people through the proper approach and programs. So far Obama Admin. has done nothing but f around and delay our recovery since he got in. When he got in, he turned into Mr. Hyde or at least Bat Masterson. Started bitch-slapping Wall Street. Wall Street naturaly sold off in retalliation--and we lost out. Then old Barack finally figured out he was hurting the exact people he was puporting to help. Us. So more wealth destruction for us. Now he's going on the Tonight Show. You've got to be kidding me. Meanwhile Obama AND congress won't let up on this bonus focus. Restricting salaries, bonuses, et al for anyone who took TARP money. That is just sick and is causing big money just to trench in further. Meanwhile We the Peons just keep spinning our wheels watching our friends get layed off , et al...We are soooo expendable! To quote Clown Cramer.."Obama knows nothing!" I'm just glad his kids got a kickass new swingset/playhouse, they're all settled in their new private school and will be getting their new dog soon. Oh and the President got to bowl a 129 in the White house bowling alley..all great news!!!!! Meanwhile we get to look forward to hopefully holding 666 in the coming weeks or else we'll be taken out back yet another time...yeah, I'm really happy for the president.
    You always know who you can point the finger at by those that protest the loudest.... Congress lives in a glass house and is doing a lot of squawking. Leaving them to fix the "Outrage" is laughable... There is no other choice for us the citizenry.. but to rely on their efforts.... unfortunately.

Mentor
    03-22-2009, 02:45 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    relmor, I know you said this was from the main stream media, but just for kicks: who is RT and this announcer is reporting from the RT Studios in MOSCOW. I don't know how Mainstream that is.....
    Good point. Ok, the main stream MOSCOW media. Still you usually dont see this kind of reality on TV was my point. If the aired here, it would be shocked!!

03-22-2009, 02:56 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Good point. Ok, the main stream MOSCOW media. Still you usually dont see this kind of reality on TV was my point. If the aired here, it would be shocked!!
    No problem I just thought it interesting the perspective.... I guess investing in rubles would be an alternative to the dollar.... Think there might be anything in their media in trying to shape their public's opinion.... Now did you say you were putting Vodka in your Coffee..... LOL... just my paranoia getting the best of me again

Mentor
    03-22-2009, 03:08 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    No problem I just thought it interesting the perspective.... I guess investing in rubles would be an alternative to the dollar.... Think there might be anything in their media in trying to shape their public's opinion.... Now did you say you were putting Vodka in your Coffee..... LOL... just my paranoia getting the best of me again
    Nice catch. Your starting to sound like me now. Your right it is a biased report, as they all are. But its news other people are seeing, and it affects perceptions. At least take from it, that the global community is aware of what we are doing, and the consquences of it. Its kill or be killed in this global economy, and no "fond memories", or moral obligations will make someone hold worthless paper forever.

Page 3 of 3 123