Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    03-21-2009, 06:09 PM #1

This is from the main stream media. Very true report, quick refreshing.

Sorry, I meant quite refreshing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef5OmZkzjDI
    Dont jump on me, as this IS SiriusXM related. A dollar crash would affect all stock prices. Dont be in dollars. The dollar bull run is over. Everyone is already in cash who was going to be in cash or bonds. It wasnt going to get any scarier than total economic collapse of the system. SO what now? Well....
    Im surprised by the accuracy of the video. I use this video to show you its not a conspiracy theory that the dollar is at least in danger. Stock prices will sky rocket if the dollar goes down, so will commodity prices and gold. If you must hold cash, hold yen. And if your waiting to buy SiriusXM stock, dont wait too long. For the next few years, stocks will be safe(But only good companies, spec stocks might still struggle and companies losing money will be shorted to no end). Sound familiar?But companies with promise, and growth will avoid this hopefully and fully benefit from the inflationary DOW scenario resulting in inflationary pressures.
    But when will this affect begin, I dont know, but within a year and a half, suddenly, or right away. Since the market prices things 6 months out supposedly....
    Another warning....
    Market might plummet first, to shake out the last longs...And get a nice buy in before this triggers. Most experts I talk to say DOW 6000 or DOW 5400 is still in play.(Mostly cycle and Elliot Wave analysists viewpoint.)
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Mentor
    03-21-2009, 06:33 PM #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dk2_...eature=related

Another good video. Hes in love with foreign stocks, as he has a larger term picture. But domestic stocks still work for now.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-21-2009, 06:44 PM #3
    Relmor,

Now forgive me if I am wrong. This video to me seems to be a part of this whole N.W.O "New World Order" conspiracy crap.

Along with this moron,

Alex Jones'

http://www.infowars.com/

Mentor
    03-21-2009, 06:55 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Relmor,

Now forgive me if I am wrong. This video to me seems to be a part of this whole N.W.O "New World Order" conspiracy crap.

Along with this moron,

Alex Jones'

http://www.infowars.com/
    I dont listen to him. I dont listen to anyone who makes money selling conspiracies. Peter Schift has been right more than wrong, and right sooner. He isnt selling conspriacies, but a economic outlook that has been dead on, he missed on the dollar rally, which is odd, because it was so apparent. When you liquidate highly leveraged positions, you go into the currency of the underlying asset(dollars). He didnt expect the global economy to have such large inflationary policies. He was wrong about that. He overestimated the ECU and Asian policy makers. The video of the news crew covering this says what rational investors already know, why keep dollars long term?
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-21-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-21-2009, 06:59 PM #5
    Relmor,

I understand what you are saying. Sorry I got a little off track, I started reading the comments and everyone was pumping NWO and that crap. I got a little angry because I have been bombarded with that crap as of late by people.

Again, apologies I got a little out of context after reading the stupid comments.

Mentor
    03-21-2009, 07:04 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Relmor,

I understand what you are saying. Sorry I got a little off track, I started reading the comments and everyone was pumping NWO and that crap. I got a little angry because I have been bombarded with that crap as of late by people.

Again, apologies I got a little out of context after reading the stupid comments.
    No problem. But best case scenario is that the dollar is in trouble, will go down significantly from current levels, and that would be beneficial to siriusxm stockholders.

Banned
    03-21-2009, 07:41 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    No problem. But best case scenario is that the dollar is in trouble, will go down significantly from current levels, and that would be beneficial to siriusxm stockholders.
    Here's what I don't get about what you are saying here. If something like this did in fact happen (and I do not think it will), aren't stocks bad too? If the stock is based in US dollars, wouldn't that be a problem? Or are you saying that it is an asset and no matter what currency, it would be worth something?

Guru
    03-21-2009, 07:49 PM #8
    i took it like the price of the stock would "inflate" because it would take many more dollars to buy one share, like a loaf of bread...am i close? If you have your dollars represented by shares instead of cash, you can enjoy the ride.

Mentor
    03-21-2009, 08:25 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i took it like the price of the stock would "inflate" because it would take many more dollars to buy one share, like a loaf of bread...am i close? If you have your dollars represented by shares instead of cash, you can enjoy the ride.
    Correct. But to enjoy the full benefit, you need to be in high demand stocks, on the upswing. But no stock should be hurt by this side effect of inflation. Stocks heavy in debt actually get a reprieve in inflationary situations. As the dollar is debased, their debts are inflated away too, and the possibility of refinancing at a lower rate always exists as well. Rates are high now, they wont always be. They will come down as the banks begin lending again. They WILL HAVE TO lower standards of course, but they will , and the cycle will be continued, except this time shorter than the last.

Banned
    03-21-2009, 09:19 PM #10
    Here's why the dollar may crash, imho.

All this crap witch hunting over 165 million dollars in bonuses. To begin with, the automakers were bailed out. Should the auto workers not be paid? The bonuses were for individual acheivements such as being a million dollar producer and such.

When they said AIG was too big to fail, few realize how true this is. If you think a run on banks was bad, imagine a run on insurance companies. Mst investments are held in insurance policies. A failure of AIG would create a run on companies like MetLife, NY Life, The Hartford. Annuities would be wiped out as there is not enough money in circulation to pay off every existing policy holder. The market would be wiped out. The economies of the world would collapse. The dollar would be worth an Ethiopian sand grain.

These idiot politicians need to let this AIG thing go. For all our sakes.

Page 1 of 3 123