View Poll Results: What do you like least about Sirius XM?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The commercials on select stations

1 7.14%
  • The recent price increase

0 0%
  • The sound quality

2 14.29%
  • The stagnant online technology

7 50.00%
  • The lack of quality hardware

4 28.57%
    Head Honcho
    03-20-2009, 10:49 PM #1

What do you like the least about Sirius XM?

I know its probably hard to think of one thing but, if their were one thing, what would it be?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    03-21-2009, 08:26 AM #2
    I voted lack of quality hardware. The average person has no idea how to hook up an after market...and the FM transmitters are really frustrating for people who live in areas like I do with hundreds of "barely there" radio stations.

I live south of detroit and get mixes of canada, ohio and detroit. Just about every channel picks up some hint of a station every few miles.

Enthusiast
    03-21-2009, 09:15 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I voted lack of quality hardware. The average person has no idea how to hook up an after market...and the FM transmitters are really frustrating for people who live in areas like I do with hundreds of "barely there" radio stations.

I live south of detroit and get mixes of canada, ohio and detroit. Just about every channel picks up some hint of a station every few miles.
    That's why I didn't like the FM-relay very much, I only used it for a week after I got my Sirius Sportster 5, I found a PIE-AUX-XM5-FRDN that fit my FORD TRUCKs Factory-Radios-head-unit. now I can listen to TRUE DIGITAL SOUND, thur my radios-CD-Button ( kinda like like having a SAT-Button on my Radio now)
    but, It still sounds too much like an FM-Radio-Station model to me, without the ads, just shut-up and play-the music, that is what most of us are paying for, at least the ones who like music as much as I do.........
    Last edited by denb45; 03-21-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Banned
    03-21-2009, 01:06 PM #4
    Aftermarket is difficult at best to hook up. Unfortunately, the direct connect is the only way to go. I have two that need to be hooked up, but haven't taken on the challenge yet. Almost nowhere to listen on the FM dial without some interference.

I however voted online technology. The Apple app should have been out a while ago. Mobile applications have been largely ignored, even though it repreents a huge new market. They have no web presense. User forums to talk tech? Channel blogs? Channel Twitter feeds to follow what favorites are doing? Channel Facebook page to talk with others with similar interests?

How about a combined website or combined Sirius/XM online players?

None of it.

They need to get more in touch with listeners. They need to bring the company up-to-date.

03-22-2009, 03:09 AM #5
    I'd have to say the small playlist is my biggest annoyance. I usually listen to channels 7 8 and 15 and the repetition is too much. While there is no way to create more music from 25 years ago, there is much more to play than Sirius is making available.

03-22-2009, 06:55 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I'd have to say the small playlist is my biggest annoyance. I usually listen to channels 7 8 and 15 and the repetition is too much. While there is no way to create more music from 25 years ago, there is much more to play than Sirius is making available.
    I would have to agree, I listen to Classic Vinyl, Rewind, and The Boneyard and the same goups are played over and over again. Bring in some new programming directors to change things up...Sirius was much better before the merger.
    Bring back Buzzsaw

03-22-2009, 05:08 PM #7
    Ditto the two above. The programming since the merger sucks!