Page 16 of 37 ... 6141516171826 ...
    03-20-2009, 02:30 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Koop View Post
    John,
    Last month my Scottrade account showed that 5000 shares were returned. Somebody borrowed them and Scott lent them.....Funny but I never saw any statement saying they were lent
    koop
    John , i rer-ead your reply and it makes me think that when I set up my margin account there may have been a release for them to lend shares, that i didn't see, unless I checked some box that would prevent them from lending shares. Iwill research this over the weekend. In addition my original reply to Otone may not have been clear. I was saying that if you have a margin account it may affect trades clearing immediately and not having to wait like in a cash account. It had nothing to do with buying on margin. I don't trade on margin. Margin also can be used more like an overdraft on a checking account. It's there if you NEED it. Have a great weekend.

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 02:33 PM #152
    These clowns continue their bashing..............and are calling for another big drop. What is their agenda? Don't buy whatever they are selling.....

http://www.todaysfinancialnews.com/u...inue-8309.html

Sirius XM: The madness cannot continue
    Today's Financial News - Posted March 20, 2009

Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) investors are patting themselves on the back and thinking they have found a pot of gold. They had better think again. The company remains in a dire situation and speculators stand to lose a large portion of their investment.
    By Andrew Snyder, TodaysFinancialnews.com

Baltimore – (TFN): The insanity continues. Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) may have found a temporary solution to its debt woes, but its success is far from certain. Even so, investors are pumping money into the trendy stock as if the company has found a bottomless pit of gold.
    Earlier this year, analysts and professional investors were bailing from this company, claiming it was too risky and was no longer affected by its own fundamentals. Rumors, press releases and investor gambling were driving the stock on a roller coaster ride. All the financial ratios and formulas could not come close to predicting the action of the speculative play.
    Now that Sirius has finalized a life-saving agreement with Liberty Media and CEO, Mel Karmazin, is wiping the sweat of his brow, investors are claiming success as share price has soared over the past several weeks. It’s a temporary phenomenon.
    Unless these gamblers are masters of buying at the bottom and selling at the top, do not expect to see much in the way of realized gains from this gamble. Sirius claims to have a golden future ahead of it, but I don’t buy it.
    Subscribers are bailing, the market is tightening and its debt problems were merely pushed into the future. Even worse, thanks to Liberty’s $530 investment, shareholders own just a sliver of the company’s assets.
    If you are sitting on profits thanks to the recent surge, congratulations, but stop patting yourself on the back and sell your shares now. Get the heck out before the next big drop. This madness cannot last forever.
    Last edited by Demian; 03-20-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-20-2009, 02:42 PM #153
    Here we go......up up up
    Just a vision I am having
    finish in green today around .33

03-20-2009, 02:43 PM #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    These clowns continue their bashing..............and are calling for another big drop. What is their agenda? Don't buy whatever they are selling.....

http://www.todaysfinancialnews.com/u...inue-8309.html
    What part of that article is inaccurate besides those points where the author clearly states the statements are his opinion? I just don't get the black helicopter conspiracy theories that swirl around every negative article that's released.

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 02:44 PM #155
    My prediction earlier was for a run to at least .31 intraday and for a close at least over .30.......

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 02:47 PM #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    What part of that article is inaccurate besides those points where the author clearly states the statements are his opinion? I just don't get the black helicopter conspiracy theories that swirl around every negative article that's released.
    Did I call the article inaccurate? I said that they continue their "bashing"......

Enthusiast
    03-20-2009, 02:48 PM #157
    My prediction about your prediction is that you will be wrong. But I predict there is only a 2% chance that I am right about my prediction of your prediction... so where does that leave us? ha lol

don't try predicting this stock

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-20-2009, 02:55 PM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    Are you KIDDING me? Aside from the obvious overall extremist tone - or the "sell your shares now" BS... are you Friggin kidding me.... if you can't tell the writer has an obvious agenda - I question your sensibility.

I'm starting to think this board is becoming the new yahoo board...

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 02:58 PM #159
    I guess that's a picture of the author of the article........would you trust this guy's financial advice?

03-20-2009, 03:03 PM #160
    That's exactly my impression when I first saw the picture. Like I would believe him...ha!

Page 16 of 37 ... 6141516171826 ...