03-19-2009, 12:13 PM #1

From Sharebuilder to TDAmeritrade

That's where I'm moving from/to. So after i get all my positions transferred to TDA, what the hell do I do then? I'm a complete newb and Sharebuilder was the Playschool platform that I was able to become very comfortable with. I think I've graduated too soon moving over to TDA, cause I've been surfing around my new account and WOW, I’ve got all these nifty tools and no knowledge on how to use them.

Any advice for me on how to start learning what TDA has to offer me?

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-19-2009, 12:20 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    That's where I'm moving from/to. So after i get all my positions transferred to TDA, what the hell do I do then? I'm a complete newb and Sharebuilder was the Playschool platform that I was able to become very comfortable with. I think I've graduated too soon moving over to TDA, cause I've been surfing around my new account and WOW, I’ve got all these nifty tools and no knowledge on how to use them.

Any advice for me on how to start learning what TDA has to offer me?
    I think that's a great move. I have both - and will also be shifting....

Minus my longer term investments like M.F's and ETF's...

TDA has been extremely reliable...

03-19-2009, 05:09 PM #3
    hey gallep how long does it take for the account to transfer to td

03-19-2009, 05:10 PM #4
    Man, I can't believe the awesome value TDA offers over Sharebuilder. Anyways, Sharebuilder will charge you $50 to transfer your positions, in whole numbers only...

03-19-2009, 05:11 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco9511 View Post
    hey gallep how long does it take for the account to transfer to td
    5-8 business days. You fill out a form online on TD and print it out. Then you either fax or mail it in. I'm faxing but have to hold off until I can transfer the $50 transfer fee into my Sharebuilder Money Market account.

03-20-2009, 11:52 AM #6
    alright thanks ive got to transfer over to td. sharebuilder is killing me especially after how slow it has been and the site crashing yesterday.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-21-2009, 12:17 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco9511 View Post
    alright thanks ive got to transfer over to td. sharebuilder is killing me especially after how slow it has been and the site crashing yesterday.
    I'm finally in TD (with cash) as of tonight. My full brokerage transfer will be transferred en masse (completely) as of Monday/Tue.

Today while it was clearning - they even gave me a good faith order for SIRI this morning when I tried to grab some shares. TEN times better than either wells or sharebuilder.

As a bank - I have to admit - I still do like ING though. Just that their investment side is a little slow and under resourced.