Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...
    Mentor
    03-25-2009, 04:57 PM #91
    Same letter I recieved, but notice the first paragraph is different. Perhaps there is just a BIT of a personal touch to these things?

SEC Response - File HO1321884
    This will confirm that your March 19, 2009 email to Chairman Mary L. Schapiro has been forwarded to our office for review and response. You experessed concern that Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Inc. stock is being manipulated. We are taking your complaint very seriously, and have referred it to the appropriate people within the SEC.

Please understand that the SEC conducts its investigations on a confidential basis and neither confirms nor denies the existence of an investigation unless we bring charges against someone involved. We do this to protect the integrity and effectiveness of our investigative process and to preserve the privacy of the individuals and entities involved. As a result, we will not be able to provide you with any future updates on the status of your complaint or of any pending SEC investigation.

Below is a flyer that describes our policy as it will apply to your complaint. Please contact Cecelia R. Howell, a member of my staff, at (202) 551-6343 if you have other questions.

Sincerely,

Gloria Smith-Hill
    Branch Chief
    Office of Investor Education and Advocacy U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    (202) 551-6343

INFORMATION ABOUT SEC INVESTIGATIONS

Each year, thousands of investors ask the Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate the activities of other investors, financial professionals, corporations, brokerage firms, investment companies, stock exchanges, and others. These complaints generally suggest some impropriety or misconduct and sometimes make a plea to the SEC for direct assistance in resolving a grievance.

The SEC has the authority to investigate whether violations of the federal securities laws have occurred, and we make every effort to evaluate promptly and thoroughly the information provided by investors. But we cannot investigate every investor complaint. While many investor complaints do lead to full investigations and, if appropriate, to enforcement actions, we cannot guarantee that our review will lead to further investigation or that the SEC will take any legal action.

We also cannot provide you with updates on the status of your complaint or your request for an investigation. The SEC conducts investigations confidentially for two main reasons. First, we can conduct investigations more effectively if they are not announced publicly. For instance, important documents and evidence can be destroyed quickly if people hear of an investigation. Second, we keep our investigations confidential to protect the reputations of companies and individuals if we find no wrongdoing or decide we cannot bring a successful action against them. The SEC will not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation unless, and until, it becomes a matter of public record as the result of a court action or administrative proceeding.

When there is proof that someone has violated the securities laws, the sanctions may include financial penalties, orders to surrender profits, cease and desist orders, or an injunction by a court to prevent further violations. The SEC may also bar individuals from working for a securities firm, investment adviser, or investment company. We can also ask a federal court to bar individuals from being officers and directors of publicly held companies. In some situations, we may refer a case to the Department of Justice for possible criminal prosecution.

The SEC publishes news releases about its lawsuits and administrative actions, and the news media often report on them. You can read and download the SEC’s “Enforcement Actions” on our website at http://www.sec.gov/divisions/enforce...eactions.shtml. Or you can obtain hard copies by reviewing “How to Request Public Documents” at:
    http://www.sec.gov/answers/publicdocs.htm
    Or
    Submit a written request to:
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    Office of Investor Education and Advocacy 100 F Street N.E.
    Washington, DC 20549-021
    Fax: (202) 772-9295
    Phone: (202) 551-8090

Enthusiast
    03-31-2009, 06:35 PM #92
    You guys let this thread die. Not a good choice. I have a feeling things are going to get very, very ugly at ISEG.

04-10-2009, 07:39 AM #93
    Never say die! Here is my latest letter and some more names to add to the distribution list:

SEC Chairman Shapiro and staff as well as other pertinent parties:

I am writing again to inform you of blatant stock manipulation going on. I know for a fact that you have received many other complaints,including previous ones on the same subject and as stated I will not sit idly by and be a victim. I will continue to add my voice to the large group of investors who continue to watch and are complaining. It is clear that Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Inc. is being abusively traded and regularly blatantly manipulated on a daily basis (and I am sure hundreds or thousands of other stocks, as well). This is quite clear when you look at Level 2 charts and see that trades are being executed consistently under the bid/ask prices posted. It would also appear that the overwhelming majority of these trades are coming
    from the International Stock Exchange, or ISEG and a few others as well. But
    concentrating on ISEG..
    If you look at each individual trade, you can clearly see pattern after pattern, day after day of manipulation, when you look at the trading history of this stock. You will notice when there is starting to be a large run-up in the price, ISEG will commonly start throwing large blocks of shares out below the current bid/ask, or they will place very large blocks (in the millions of shares) right at the ask price, but with the all or nothing qualifier. Because the block is so large, it basically brings trading to a halt. Once the buying power has diminished and the bid comes down, that block DISAPPEARS (i.e. NEVER trades), and trading starts again, but with the action much slower and much less enthusiastic than before, which often leads to a dip in the stock price.

Recently, a call was placed to ISEG. A gentleman named "Shaun" was spoken to. He said that we should file a complaint regarding those doing the manipulation. He said, and I quote, "It's one trader doing it." The fact is that ISEG knows there is manipulation going on through their services. Regardless if ISEG is actually involved or not, if they know about it and are not doing anything to stop it, then they are guilty through their lack of action, just like Bernie Madoff's accountant. ISEG's former chairman, John Marshall, is already behind bars for conspiracy to commit securities fraud, so it is obvious that ISEG does not have a perfect compliance record as it is.

I have already asked several times nicely and urge you to look into these
    accusations as soon as possible. Failing any action at this point I intend to go to the media. We have dates, snapshots and video of the manipulation taking place...including level 2 still shots showing ISEG is the problem.Every trade that goes through while these people are still manipulating the stock is money that is lost from honest, hard-working American citizens, just trying to increase their financial well being legally! The very people that you have sworn to protect and serve. Please open an official investigation
    or inquiry and let the results be public knowledge, that stock manipulation and financial fraud will no longer be tolerated nor dealt with quietly. To continue to allow this type of behavior is a criminal act !

Thank you for your time and effort on behalf of honest investors and brokers
    everywhere,

CHAIRMANOFFICE@sec.gov
    enforcement@sec.gov

JHightower@ise.com
    BAdhikari@ise.com
    TKhutorsky@ise.com
    jhightower@ise.com
    precise@ise.com

MMarinich@ise.com
    GFerrari@ise.com
    GEndo@ise.com
    Last edited by asm610; 04-10-2009 at 07:42 AM.

04-10-2009, 07:48 AM #94
    Newman...please pin this so people know where they can reference info to send complaints if they feel compelled. We all know the manipulation of this stock is far from over....it's just manipulated now at a different level

Mentor
    04-10-2009, 11:49 AM #95
    Emailed investor relations at SIrius about ISEG. The director actually emailed me back, and told me to call him about it. Didnt seem like a form letter, email was very short, and used my name in it. Ill post it. Did anyone ever get this?

Fred,

Please call me to discuss your comments.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Blalock

SVP, Investor Relations

SIRIUS XM Radio Inc.

1221 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10020

212-584-5174

paul.blalock@siriusxm.com

Mentor
    04-10-2009, 11:49 AM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    You guys let this thread die. Not a good choice. I have a feeling things are going to get very, very ugly at ISEG.
    Your suggestion to let this thread die is based on what motivation? Is it hurting you in anyway?

04-10-2009, 11:58 AM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Emailed investor relations at SIrius about ISEG. The director actually emailed me back, and told me to call him about it. Didnt seem like a form letter, email was very short, and used my name in it. Ill post it. Did anyone ever get this?

Fred,

Please call me to discuss your comments.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Blalock

SVP, Investor Relations

SIRIUS XM Radio Inc.

1221 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10020

212-584-5174

paul.blalock@siriusxm.com
    Relmor, let me know how that call turns out. I may just call him myself if you think it's worth it...but he can do nothing regarding the manipulation.

04-10-2009, 12:01 PM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Your suggestion to let this thread die is based on what motivation? Is it hurting you in anyway?
    I think he was just saying that the thread had died, and that wasn't a good thing. He bumped it after 5 days of silence.

Guru
    04-10-2009, 12:02 PM #99
    yeah let us know how that call goes.

Mentor
    04-10-2009, 12:03 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Relmor, let me know how that call turns out. I may just call him myself if you think it's worth it...but he can do nothing regarding the manipulation.
    Not himself, true. But maybe he wants investors who are willing to take it to the SEC, with SIrius's support. Maybe they are finally sick of it themselves, as they have bottomed, met their debt obligations for the year, got money to pay for the 09 launch from escrow...etc... Maybe its pissing them off finally. Ill find out I guess on Monday. Ill call him then. Didnt think they would be in today. Or maybe he wants to shut me up, I have no clue.

Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...