Page 1 of 3 123
    03-17-2009, 10:27 PM #1

another rumor tidbit

click here

found this link over on the Y*hoo board (yeah yeah..I know...) along with a direction to read the last paragraph. It's got all those Yahoos foaming at the mouth.

Any opinions on the sane side, here? Obviously nothing but rumor, but an interesting one at that.

Mentor
    03-17-2009, 10:44 PM #2
    almost impossible as Liberty has final say on any takeover with the finance deal,and being that Echostar is Liberty's competition i Doubt it.
    Good find tho..you never know who is looking at SiriusXM,could be someone else...

03-17-2009, 10:57 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    almost impossible as Liberty has final say on any takeover with the finance deal,and being that Echostar is Liberty's competition i Doubt it.
    Good find tho..you never know who is looking at SiriusXM,could be someone else...
    Microsoft would be nice!

Addict
    03-17-2009, 11:25 PM #4
    >>Let me close by saying we are hearing (rumors) floating around that there could be some serious buyers of Sirius XM and the top candidate is Echostar. Once again it is just a rumor but I have heard it more than once from what I call credible sources.<<

Dudes...

I will fall over in my chair if this has any cred whatsoever. No way. But hey, whatever helps drive this pup up works for me. This ain't it though. No way. This is all about short exit and new money. I mean jeeezzz...if I could buy 1M shares of SIRI right now I so would. Those that can are. The shorts covering are related to the 2014 hedge. They drove this pig down and now thay have to get out of the way cause the flood gates are opening. They'll let the thing run for a bit and then start creeping back in when things turn more negative. This is why we could see a buck sooner than later. If enough money keeps piling in, this thing is going to sky rocket even more than today. They got too complacent with that intrapenny trading bullsh*t...Now that's off the table and they're scrambling to lock in profits. No choice now. they thought no one would be interested in this equity anymore. Like many. They figured this for a dead stock. Nope. Alive and kicking ass. Smart money wants in. Sorry shorts. LIke I pity them. They made mad money all the way down.

03-17-2009, 11:28 PM #5
    AAPL would be more likely than MS, no?

The Echostar thing doesn't sound right to me either. I keep thinking Charlie Ergen isn't just going to fade into the shadows after being scooped by Malone, but I don't think they have the financial oomph to do anything like that right now, do they? Dish is kind of losing the Satellite Tv wars to DirecTV and just lost AT&T as a partner. Their subs are decreasing, etc.

Mel's been known to position something well then sell it off before. His contract is also coming due and he might be thinking about retiring anyway. He's in his late 60s.

Plenty of half-assed speculation to go around.

03-17-2009, 11:30 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by huppophonic View Post
    This was not directed at anyone but myself, btw.

Enthusiast
    03-17-2009, 11:33 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    >>Let me close by saying we are hearing (rumors) floating around that there could be some serious buyers of Sirius XM and the top candidate is Echostar. Once again it is just a rumor but I have heard it more than once from what I call credible sources.<<

Dudes...

I will fall over in my chair if this has any cred whatsoever. No way. But hey, whatever helps drive this pup up works for me. This ain't it though. No way. This is all about short exit and new money. I mean jeeezzz...if I could buy 1M shares of SIRI right now I so would. Those that can are. The shorts covering are related to the 2014 hedge. They drove this pig down and now thay have to get out of the way cause the flood gates are opening. They'll let the thing run for a bit and then start creeping back in when things turn more negative. This is why we could see a buck sooner than later. If enough money keeps piling in, this thing is going to sky rocket even more than today. They got too complacent with that intrapenny trading bullsh*t...Now that's off the table and they're scrambling to lock in profits. No choice now. they thought no one would be interested in this equity anymore. Like many. They figured this for a dead stock. Nope. Alive and kicking ass. Smart money wants in. Sorry shorts. LIke I pity them. They made mad money all the way down.

Ya gotta remember tho... it's not a gain until they close their position..ROFL.. for those who did not get out!! Hopefully they burn!.. Anybody in their right mind shorting would cover when it hits .05 levels, other than that it's just greed.

Addict
    03-18-2009, 12:19 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bababoooie View Post
    Ya gotta remember tho... it's not a gain until they close their position..ROFL.. for those who did not get out!! Hopefully they burn!.. Anybody in their right mind shorting would cover when it hits .05 levels, other than that it's just greed.
    baba..

left you a message on the other thread--glad you stopped by. You're right. Plenty of covering @ .05 but also quite a bit of reshorting on 2 false starts. Lost 100M in the process but still hung on to 170M...quite a bit. After this run we should see an SI well under 100M. Less greed and more just hope. It's almost a rock in a hard place. If they cover too much, they raise the SP too much by themselves and hurt other strategic positions. So they wait and just hope for more bad news. Bad news doesn't come so the only move left is to get out asap and salvage what's left. Mel was right in the end. He said he on Cramers show would make the shorts pay and he trapped them. Of course when he said it, we didn't know taking the whole damn thing to the brink of bankruptcy was what had to happen. This is why we always thought there was something about why Mel was so calm about the SP being so low. Ws this the plan all along? We don't know but if we continue significantly higher, I will have to say yes. Everyone including shorts thought Mel and Co would fold. They didn't. Shorts are now trapped by their own strategy.

03-18-2009, 12:45 AM #9

The Echostar thing doesn't sound right to me either. I keep thinking Charlie Ergen isn't just going to fade into the shadows after being scooped by Malone, but I don't think they have the financial oomph to do anything like that right now, do they? Dish is kind of losing the Satellite Tv wars to DirecTV and just lost AT&T as a partner. Their subs are decreasing, etc.

Mel's been known to position something well then sell it off before. His contract is also coming due and he might be thinking about retiring anyway. He's in his late 60s.

Not sure...but MSFT needs to do something to get folks stirred up about their stock, and they have tons of COH. If nothing else....they could easily lend SIRI money at better terms than they currently have.

Addict
    03-18-2009, 01:11 AM #10

huppo...

Agreed. Mel could retire this year...but I see the relationship with Malone as solid, and between Maffei and Malone...they most likely bring in a capable successor to Mel..eventually Malone takes over the company...that's how I'm feeling now...

Page 1 of 3 123