Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Guru
    03-20-2009, 03:54 PM #51
    Charles, I know you think paying 173 million of Feb converts would use up to much COH. I dont. I will also say Mel didnt ether, he was the one that had stated back in Nov., that they planned on taking half of the Feb. debt out using financing of some kind and if needed half in cash. He then went on to say that he believes the credit facilities due in May would be extended and that by the time the Dec. bonds come due SIRIXM will be almost profitable so those should be alot easyer to take care of. Mel in the Fortune interview said he was not happy to find out Ergen was trying to go after the Feb. bonds just as he was close to an agreement with them to get them to extend. While they needed the loan it was not because they could not have got everything done on their own. It was because Ergen came in and gave the banks a totally different option (option number 3) then work with Mel or take us to bankruptcy and get pennies on the dollar at some time latter.

You see Charles the key to this whole thing is SIRIXM was not really asking for more money. They were asking for extentions on money they already had. there is a big difference there because the options become very limited to the people holding the debt when they are trying to get their money back compared to them having to give out more or not.

03-20-2009, 04:17 PM #52
    I am just a rookie as far as investing. I bought in at .14 before the BK talk There were several things leading up to the BK talk that made me stay in for the long haul.

Ergen bought the debt during the BK talk. That tells me that there is something valuable to him in this business.

For some reason almost noone believes in Mel. Read the Wiki bio on Mel. For whatever negatives he has there are far more positives on his resume. Mel continued to buy stock as it slipped. That tells me that we have someone that believes in his product and future of it wholeheartedly. That goes a long ways with me. Mel started with humble beginnings and knows how to build businesses I think people dont give enough credit for that. Any other CEO might have thrown in the towel and went off to the polo club and had a few spritzers to get over the BK.

The company is subscriber based. This gives me some assurance that we dont have to worry about who comes to our store to buy something next month. If subs gain or fall it will be gradual.

And lastly its a damn good product.

I don't recall how I came across Siriusbuzz it was during my research on investing with the company. The conversations here convinced me that this was a possible golden opportunity. I took half of my X-mas bonus from work opened a sharebuilder account and the rest is history.

I will say had it not been for the commentary on this site I would have never pulled the trigger and probably had pissed that half of my bonus away long ago. I lurked in here for a couple of months before registering.

Long SIRI and Long Siriusbuzz and it's community!
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 03-20-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-20-2009, 04:24 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboo1 View Post

I will say had it not been for the commentary on this site I would have never pulled the trigger and probably had pissed that half of my bonus away long ago. I lurked in here for a couple of months before registering.

Long SIRI and Long Siriusbuzz and it's community!

DUDE. Be VERY careful taking financial advice from anonymous posters on internet message boards. Be very thankful you didn't find this site a year or two ago. This is a fan site more than anything. Mostly pump. A few reasonable voices.

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 05:16 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    DUDE. Be VERY careful taking financial advice from anonymous posters on internet message boards. Be very thankful you didn't find this site a year or two ago. This is a fan site more than anything. Mostly pump. A few reasonable voices.
    "reasonable voices". You mean people who agree with you. Do you realize, sir, that a man can be "reasonable" about Sirius and be positive too? Sometimes reasonable is just what it is, the most likely scenario. Period. And right now the most likely scenario for SiriusXM stock is for it to go up. Thats the bottom line.

03-20-2009, 05:34 PM #55
    Thanks for the input Doobz, I did feel kind of like a traitor not a trader when I sold half my holdings at .39 on Wednesday and bought back yesteday at .31 I did kind of get a feeling of guilt for not holding out for the big .50 a lot of people were hoping for. I made the trade and thought "I am letting these people down. by falling for the MM manipulation". Trust me its minimal shares but I still got that feeling. So thanks for your advice.

One of the things I keep in mind is the childs song with the toes.. "This little piggy went to the market, This little piggy stayed home." Hell no all the little piggy's go to the market no roast beef or any of that nonsense. I figured 5-7 days up someone had to go to market!

Enthusiast
    03-20-2009, 06:49 PM #56
    Relmor,
    Settle down. You are one of the reasonable ones.

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 08:25 PM #57
    Relmor,
    Settle down. You are one of the reasonable ones.
    I think Im offended by that.
    Kidding. Ive been called worse I suppose.

Head Honcho
    03-20-2009, 09:55 PM #58
    I wonder if people who trade other equities are as edgy as the ones here. Is it the nature of investing or have the people of SIRI been driven a little crazy?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 6 of 6 ... 456