Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    03-19-2009, 04:17 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    ...we are all invested in sirius therefore we are all BIASED TOWARDS SIRIUS ... we will not accept ... negative articles that do not highlight any of the good, but we will except a good piece from them just the same. Does that make us bias? yes, cause we are...
    So dude, when I said earlier that posts like the one above reveals how some people (and it's not just you) are admittedly biased, do you see what I'm talking about? You can be biased until the cows come home and that's fine because everyone has some sort of bias. But resistance to negative news negates objectivity IMHO and it is objectivity that is necessary to invest successfully for the long run. If I'm mistaken, then please explain what I'm missing here.

You say you reject bullshit negativity. Fine. Has there been a time when you accepted and embraced the content of a negative news article the same way you would accept a positive one? Folks need to get to the place where they are able to accept positive or negative content based on the merit of the argument itself - not simply because public negativity affects their portfolio's net worth or because of some negative bias against people in general who undergo a sex change. That's just ignorant.

Charles, please correct me if I'm off but I think part of the goal of starting this thread was to establish a credibility baseline. To be credible, you have to be objective.
    Last edited by Siriusly; 03-19-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Guru
    03-19-2009, 04:44 PM #32
    your reading 1 statement and ignoring the entire message. whats ur point here that im a bad investor for not accepting EVERY PIECE OF NEGATIVE SPECULATION THAT COMES OUT. I accept alot of bad things when they are reality not speculated by bullshit media types. I accept sub growth has been bad since 4q, i accept that sirius was stupid for not just buying out the nicemac app. There are lots of things that are negative. im done with this topic its stupid and annoying the hell out of me. Bunch of ass kissers

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 05:41 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    Demian is a little overly optimistic and thinks Mel and company can do no wrong (he has a photo gallery of his satrad hardware). Relmor is a little schizophrenic.
    I do post emotionally at times, always have. But I dont trade emotionally.
    I like so many things about the product, and the potential, I can get down on the company at times. I dont trust Mel as far as I can throw him. And I trust no one in the media, period. Everyone has an agenda, you just dont know it. And I think this stock would make anyone a little schizophrenic!!

03-19-2009, 06:04 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Who's opinion of Sirius XM and Satellite Radio in general, is valuable? I want to set a few names in stone now for the future, so we can be sure that it isn't the persons opinion which makes them idiotic, biased, jealous, or vindictive. I am interested to see how short this list is...
    Interestingly Charles, your thread is "Who's opinion can we trust?" , but your detailed comment underneath asks the question of, in general, who's opinion is valuable? If your goal is to set a few "names in stone" for future reference why be so vague to begin with?? Trust and Value could be the same thing.... but not necessarily... For me Trust is a very, very long term characteristic that I bestow, but on a few....

In, sticking with the topic of Sirius, I would say that none other than Mr. Tyler Savery deserves that honor for his consistent reporting of the facts. He has alway been level headed in his assessment of how those facts will affect investors and given timely information for them to make their own decisions. No one individual has done a better job. Whether it be before the merger in informing all who were invested, or after the merger when silence from the company was the most ominous sign of things ahead. Tyler has always presented a realistic view of what is, giving investors an opportunity to decipher what might be.... Here's to You Tyler..... Thanks.

Head Honcho
    03-19-2009, 06:27 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    Charles, please correct me if I'm off but I think part of the goal of starting this thread was to establish a credibility baseline. To be credible, you have to be objective.
    Thats all... and the fact that you see it and tripping continues to carry on is quite telling. Rather then admitting that being objectionable is good for investing, people will fight to the death and discredit anything negative.

John points out that they had cash and didnt need the loan... if they used the cash what would they be using now? You can't make yourself cash poor.

Rather then acknowleging the issue of 85k adds in the christmas quarter people cherry pick the points they want to discredit but, you can't argue with 85k subs when 10x that was the norm for past 4th quarters.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2009, 06:59 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    sirius only almost went bk because of the sp alone, if sp had held above .50 and without credit crissi no threat of bk, bk was never a real threat if u ask me just a media ploy and mel used it to his advantage brilliantly. so i didnt rationally research sirius? thats why im up 170% right because of bad research? give me a break. clueless you are clueless that does not prove i cant think rationally, how much did u lose with sirius? thinking rationally there?
    Not for Nothing, but I believe Sirius almost went BK because they couldn't refinance, through extension or otherwise, XM's expiring May debt, period... Everything else is just an excuse and fantasy.... We all sweated 11th hour financing and deal making.... not fun... Ploy is paranoia... many feel the same way.... I don't... the facts are what they are..... pay your bills or get financing to pay your bills... Mel got the financing from Malone and the banks extended, but BK was a reality without the now known 40% give away to Malone.....

Guru
    03-19-2009, 07:04 PM #37
    how much did u lose on sirius charles since ur so smart? Are u angry other people are doing well when u lost out? You can label me whatever u want I have siri at .14 cents if something comes up i think will bring siri to that price i will probably sell other wise im holding out for over a dollar how ever long that takes. I have admitted plenty of negative things so stop acting like im something im not. You on the other hand are worthless, any1 listening to you when siri was .11 cents would of stayed away, if they were listening to me they would of more than doubled their money already. So once again how much did u lose on siri charles?

Guru
    03-19-2009, 07:06 PM #38
    if the sp was higher they would been able to do most of it with debt/equity swaps. Not to mention ergen stpping in the way and blocking 300 million from being swapped for equity or refinanced. Take away ergen and the sp being below .50 and it would not of been a problem to handle the 2009 maturities

03-19-2009, 07:09 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I do post emotionally at times, always have. But I dont trade emotionally.
    I like so many things about the product, and the potential, I can get down on the company at times. I dont trust Mel as far as I can throw him. And I trust no one in the media, period. Everyone has an agenda, you just dont know it. And I think this stock would make anyone a little schizophrenic!!
    Relmor it is your passion that makes your insights even more interesting to read, on top of their validity..... The Stock Market and all of the Contrarian Investments to it: Bonds vs Stocks, Commodoties, Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets, The Mattress. Please all of the possibilities in the Market Place to invest one's hard earned dollars, are reasons to be schizopherenic..... Good Luck to You and You and You.... ahh shit Good Luck to all Three of Ya's

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 07:15 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Not for Nothing, but I believe Sirius almost went BK because they couldn't refinance, through extension or otherwise, XM's expiring May debt, period... Everything else is just an excuse and fantasy.... We all sweated 11th hour financing and deal making.... not fun... Ploy is paranoia... many feel the same way.... I don't... the facts are what they are..... pay your bills or get financing to pay your bills... Mel got the financing from Malone and the banks extended, but BK was a reality without the now known 40% give away to Malone.....
    Cos1000

You are dead on ,as was my take also,about extending May debt.I think Tripp,s and John point is we were not going BK because of Feb debt...Remember it has come out Malone approached Mel in late Dec.,and he also looked at 85k net sub add for 4q and didn't blink cause he saw the rest of the books for 4Q ,not sure about annual,Legal ramnifications!I thought the silence was the ploy about bk not being refuted by company,so they could renegotiate content contracts,which they did..

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456