Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Head Honcho
    03-17-2009, 01:01 PM #1

Who's opinion can we trust?

Who's opinion of Sirius XM and Satellite Radio in general, is valuable? I want to set a few names in stone now for the future, so we can be sure that it isn't the persons opinion which makes them idiotic, biased, jealous, or vindictive. I am interested to see how short this list is...
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    03-17-2009, 01:09 PM #2
    I always thought Robert Holmes from thestreet.com wrote some pretty solid, unbiased articles about Sirius.

Mentor
    03-17-2009, 01:31 PM #3
    no brainer . . . homer985

03-17-2009, 02:08 PM #4
    Charles,

If you are referring to folks on this site other than yourself, I would say Homer, John, cos 1000, sl62, and relmor all have extensive knowledge and a better than the street knowledge of SIRIUS as a stock. That said....it is up to each individual here to investigate what is written here and look up information at various sites before making any kind of financial decision.

03-17-2009, 02:13 PM #5
    Homer, Damien

Guru
    03-17-2009, 02:14 PM #6
    tyler, homer, demian, newman, relmor, others im sure im forgetting

the overall media is useless compared to individuals doing their own dd and sharing it amongst each other.

Enthusiast
    03-17-2009, 03:31 PM #7
    Demian is a little overly optimistic and thinks Mel and company can do no wrong (he has a photo gallery of his satrad hardware). Relmor is a little schizophrenic.

Head Honcho
    03-17-2009, 08:44 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Charles,

If you are referring to folks on this site other than yourself, I would say Homer, John, cos 1000, sl62, and relmor all have extensive knowledge and a better than the street knowledge of SIRIUS as a stock.
    I am talking about journalists or figureheads (but yeah... them too). For instance, people say Mel is great but, if he resigns tomorrow and says he doesn't like the companies business model will we then say "ahhh Mel is an idiot, what does he know?"

I want to know who people think are credible to comment on satellite radio right now because I dont want to hear people calling them retarded in 6 months if they have something negative to say... make sense?

The problem is... the second anyone says anything bad about satellite radio, no matter how valid the argument, they are instantly discredited as being know-nothing-assholes. This leaves investors with no one to listen to. In 3 years of running this site I am still yet to see any one single investor say "you know what, he has a point" to anyone who has said anything negative about SIRI.

Be careful who you listen to around here.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    03-17-2009, 09:00 PM #9
    Charles. Too funny. You mean if your nothing pumping you have nothing to say? LOL. It is soooooooooo true. Anyone who steps outside the pumping guidelines will immediately be subjected to ridicule etc. As you well know.

That being said. The most accurate information I have seen regarding the stock itself has comes from Tyler hands down.

In the case of dramatic stock price swings, I have yet to find one single site or person to have predicted it ahead of time, including yesterdays and todays action.

Now in conclusion, we All know that this nice run up will at some point require us to take our profits. Uh oh, now I'm a target. Later.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-17-2009, 09:04 PM #10

Reliable Info on SIRI

The only problem picking a reliable journalist or "expert" is that it seems everyone that could have fit the bill jumped ship and joined the nay-sayers during SIRI's downtrend. I mean - really - it's hard to trust someone's word - no matter how reliable they are - when the two-faced bastards start releasing NAB and mainstream CNBC propaganda bashing SIRI.

I'll put it this way - BEFORE I found this bulletin board - I trusted NO ONE because I could go backwards/forwards scanning articles and couldn't find a single reliable journalist without an agenda. In here - it's open reliable conversation based on the experience of some of the sharpest people I've found in any bulletin board. I call this my "support group for SIRI" because in a short period of time I've actually found people I TRUST....

Finding someone or God help us a group outside here like that..... a bit hard to do.

Brandon, You, Tyler, Cos, Killer, Relmore, SL, John, Homer (there are more - but my memory is not great) - it's better than any twenty or thirty CNBC or Bloomberg analysts.... that's why I rarely watch the news when it comes to this company......

Keep it up guys...

Page 1 of 6 123 ...