Page 7 of 9 ... 56789
    03-16-2009, 11:12 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Because she decided sat technology would be useful as a radio delivery system gives you no "special" qualities to forcast the future....
    You're right, one good idea or getting it right does not mean you will always have good ideas or get it right every time. But it does give her some credence considering she had the foresight and the balls (no pun intended) to make it happen back in the 90's. I don't know about the timing of the article or whether there is validity to that argument, but you shouldn't blow off an opinion from someone who is an industry pioneer. Simple idea perhaps, but she saw an opportunity and made it happen -- we didn't.

03-16-2009, 11:12 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The person who founded the company is no longer entitled an opinion? Or are you just saying this sarcastically because you don't want it to effect the stock?
    It seems as though he may have been paid for the opinion. I believe this is why people are having a problem with it. jmo

Head Honcho
    03-16-2009, 11:15 PM #63
    So when you are shutting the site down then? Since you already sold your stock, and you think the company is doomed?
    Why would I shut the site down? I am still a fan who listens at least 6 hours per day. I also never said, that I wouldn't own this stock again. It's just going to take this management showing some progress before I do.

or are you bunch of babies still crying over that articles to think about it yet?
    Not sure what you mean.

The news you choose to listen to is amazing. Shes not any expert on consumer products or marketing. Shes a nerd that decided to be a man, that is bitter this is happening when shes not a part of it. If you cant see that, then I really cant help you.
    You don't think its possible that she became more interested in other things like medicine after she decided to have a sex change? Really??? She did the whole satellite thing for 20 years or so... I hope I am not still doing the same thing I am doing now in 20 years and I will still be a guy in 20 years.

O, do you want me to post the 100 articles by Brandon and Tyler "irresponsibly" pumping this stock from Jan to June of 08 and beyond? Or can you just go look back on them for yourself?
    You can point them out... I don't have to agree with them. I have been critical of Sirius XM for YEARS. You guys act like my attitude has recently changed.

Since they were wrong 400 days at least or more straight, does that make then irresponsible, wrong, or just late?
    I never read Tylers articles as pumping and on numerous occasions I have heard him and watched him write about things that are less then great.

Irresponsible journalism is all you get in the media, but now is the time for honesty and honor huh? Unfricken believable.
    I agree and we need it now more then ever. No need to get mad at me because I am critical of this company as a FAN. I have watched other companies/products I enjoy outpace the growth and innovation of Sirius XM and that bothers me on a daily basis. If you don't belive that, I am sorry.

I enjoyed this service so much that I have wasted 3 years of my life building this website which is dedicated to it. So, you can stop questioning my motives.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:16 PM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    If pandora listeners are sick of repeat content, remember that inventions are borne from necessity. Someone will eventually find the balance between what a listener will tolerate and a model that can capitalize on it. My personal opinion is that Sirius will die if it take evolution lessons from Netflix. Those guys seriously have their shit together and shows you the difference between a business model that's adapted and a model that hasn't.

Hope is obviously not lost but the fat lady hasn't exactly left the building either.
    Yea, and its called SiriusXM. IF I put on a station on Pandora, I will hear around 5 artists, and around 50 different songs. Thats not a service you CAN charge for, LOL. Its free for a reason, because poor people who dont know any better use it.

Head Honcho
    03-16-2009, 11:17 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by rgentry View Post
    It seems as though he may have been paid for the opinion. I believe this is why people are having a problem with it. jmo
    She is a millionaire Philanthropist... how much could they afford to pay her for her opinion? I would seriously question that notion.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:21 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by .

I enjoyed this service so much that I have [I
    wasted [/I]3 years of my life building this website which is dedicated to it. So, you can stop questioning my motives.
    So you lvoe the product, but feel its doomed. You dont own the stock. And Im to take your opinion as biased then. Your not neutral. You are purposefully seeking out opiinions that match yours, and regergitating them(spelling). Why was that necessary? Were you worried someone missed the article? I dont understand your right. Theres not one useful fact in the entire piece. If you really believe pandora is a threat to SiriusXM, then I will no longer debate you an any issue. Because our worldviews would be just too different to have a reasonable discussion.
    No biggie.
    Why would you be different? I question everybodies motives.
    You listen 6 hours a day to a crappy product? Since you agree with her, why dont you listen to your ipod, HD radio, or terrestrial radio, or pandora? Im confused again. You have the site cause your a fan of the product, so you must be dense, because its a terrible product, and cant last. Yes, you are confusing, but thats ok. No big deal, not everyone HAS to make sense I guess.
    I guess Im confused how you can agree with her, run this site, listen 6 hours a day, and still not get it!!! Your wasting your time!!! Sirius is doomed, there are better listening options out there!!! Get to it charlie!!
    Wheres your pandora or HD site? Or when do you expect it to be up by?
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Guru
    03-16-2009, 11:35 PM #67
    right on the money---------------------------

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 11:41 PM #68

what's uuuuupppppp !!!

here's too all the troopers who longed for this recon mission played perfectly by ...............us.

finally , the one stock i did so much research on is showing signs of life. my other stocks are sure things , but this was the biggest risk , and the one i lost the most on % wise. i'm starting to see my prediction of $ 42.83 in May 2013 look a little better.lol
    peace out !

pessimist < > Sirius Longers

Head Honcho
    03-16-2009, 11:50 PM #69
    So you lvoe the product, but feel its doomed. You dont own the stock.
    I love the product and think it will be doomed if they don't get their shit together. I never said that doom was inevitable. I also never said that I wouldn't own the stock again.

And Im to take your opinion as biased then. Your not neutral. You are purposefully seeking out opiinions that match yours, and regergitating them(spelling).
    How am I biased? I am neutral, if anything I am biased towards the company doing well because I would probably have to refrain from shouting with joy if some good news about this company came out. I didnt seek out opinions that matched mine, I wrote about a big name person with an actual quote about the company.

Why was that necessary?
    Because I have a website where we write about Sirius XM radio and the person who founded it has something to say about it. I mean think about... the person who founded the company 19 years ago had something to say about the current state of it... you think that is not news? What if she said that the company is doing great and she could have never imagined things going so well? Then would it have been cool to write about?

This company just missed going bankrupt and had 85k 4th quarter subs for a reason. You can blame it on whoever you want but I will solidly blame management for not averting 85k 4th quarter subs. I am watching software companies go out of business left and right and whether you believe it or not, our company had a record 4th quarter with the largest number of licenses sold and total revenue for any quarter in our 13 years of existence.

Were you worried someone missed the article? I dont understand your right. Theres not one useful fact in the entire piece.
    In your opinion but I think most will agree that it is interesting to see what the founder of the company thinks. It wouldnt be neat to hear what Henry Ford has to say about the state of Ford today? This is nonsense, if this woman said great things about SIRI you would all be saying how smart she is and how important she is and how she understands satellite better then anyone.

If you really believe pandora is a threat to SiriusXM, then I will no longer debate you an any issue. Because our worldviews would be just too different to have a reasonable discussion.
    No biggie.
    Personally I do not like pandora and I dont think any one internet radio company is a threat right now. The threat comes from not only the sheer number of compeitors but most importantly Sirius XM itself. They are absolutely their own worst enemy.

Why would you be different? I question everybodies motives.
    You listen 6 hours a day to a crappy product?
    I have said from day 1 that it is a great product. Sirius XM should tout themselves as a content provider and improve on that content... its their delivery systems and their reluctance to let go of it that will kill them.

Since you agree with her, why dont you listen to your ipod, HD radio, or terrestrial radio, or pandora?
    I do. There are other music services that compete with the time I listen to Sirius XM and those other services have gone from being 0% of what I listen to, to probably 20% of what I listent to only 3 years later. That is a distrubing trend IMO.

Im confused again. You have the site cause your a fan of the product, so you must be dense, because its a terrible product, and cant last.
    I never said that it was a terrible product. NEVER. I have taken the time to address each and every one of your points yet you will not adress my answers. You are selectively reading/hearing what you want to hear but, its just not reality. The company/mangement is shitty at best but the product I listen to every day (the content) is pretty damn good.

Yes, you are confusing, but thats ok. No big deal, not everyone HAS to make sense I guess.
    Which is a saving grace for you I guess. No need to take person shots at me but, if you want to make it personal, I can name call too.

I guess Im confused how you can agree with her, run this site, listen 6 hours a day, and still not get it!!! Your wasting your time!!! Sirius is doomed, there are better listening options out there!!! Get to it charlie!!
    First of all, at the end of my article I state that I don't necessarily agree with her and that the ball is basically in their court to evolve or die. I like the product but, I don't like the direction its going in, I think that is pretty simple to understand.

BTW when some other service take over the 80% share that Sirius XM has right now... I probably will create a site dedicated to them... I just hope that never happens.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-17-2009, 02:05 AM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I love the product and think it will be doomed if they don't get their shit together. I never said that doom was inevitable. I also never said that I wouldn't own the stock again.

First of all, at the end of my article I state that I don't necessarily agree with her and that the ball is basically in their court to evolve or die. I like the product but, I don't like the direction its going in, I think that is pretty simple to understand.

BTW when some other service take over the 80% share that Sirius XM has right now... I probably will create a site dedicated to them... I just hope that never happens.
    Well defended. I respect your responses. Just wanted to understand more of where your coming from. I believe you are sincere, just wrong.

Page 7 of 9 ... 56789